Brad Cooper April 1st Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
So was this 'hay' in the foyer collected? I guess we'll find out Monday.
Kurtz will just say the detectives brought it in when they came in earlier.

I have to believe it was but it hasn't been introduced. My guess is that it's coming in with Det. Daniels.

Like I said. I don't think there is evidence of this search on the computer. My reasoning is that the defense asked almost the same questions as the prosecution and got the same responses. If they knew (and they have all the discovery) that there were searches of Fielding Drive on the computer, they would not have been emphasizing that.
Yeah, but if you look at the converse, why did the prosecution ask it if they knew that the answer was that they hadn't looked at houses in that area? That would seem to help the defense's case as it would eliminate one way that Brad would have been familiar with the area.

It seems like only a 'yes' answer helps the prosecution and only a 'no' answer helps the defense. So, I agree that it is puzzling that both of them emphasized the question when the answer could have only helped one of them.

Because of being so involved with all of this do any of you think strangely now when you talk to people you know and aqaintences about you and your life that maybe some day they will be up there talking about you and what you said to them? I get these eerie feeling some times and just picture her life and how everyone describes it.

Someone pointed out the bug man looked just like Mr Drucker from Green Acres
:laugh:

6910.jpg

Yeah, but if you look at the converse, why did the prosecution ask it if they knew that the answer was that they hadn't looked at houses in that area? That would seem to help the defense's case as it would eliminate one way that Brad would have been familiar with the area.

It seems like only a 'yes' answer helps the prosecution and only a 'no' answer helps the defense. So, I agree that both of them emphasized the question when the answer could have only helped one of them.

The prosecution has asked a lot of questions that went nowhere because they knew the defense would bring it up. (Think of all the questions followed up with, "And we found nothing".) I'm still out in limbo on this one until we find out what the computer evidence is. We only know that Det. Young stated that he knew BC was guilty because of evidence found by the FBI on the computer. I have to wait for the actual evidence but I can't believe he would just make that up.

I'm watching Dateline.....same defense. They decided the person was the suspect right away........ ignored other possible suspects and the police made mistakes in the investigation and with evidence. Defense 101.

Because of being so involved with all of this do any of you think strangely now when you talk to people you know and aqaintences about you and your life that maybe some day they will be up there talking about you and what you said to them? I get these eerie feeling some times and just picture her life and how everyone describes it.

I have the strange need to point out to everyone close to me my current bruises (I'm a klutz) just in case. It could look bad for my husband but none of them are because of him. Heck, half of them I don't even remember where they came from!

Yea, the fielding drive question was probably to defuse the obvious question by Kurtz...that Brad had no prior knowledge of that isolated area. No 'gotcha' moment for Kurtz.

I'm watching Dateline.....same defense. They decided the person was the suspect right away........ ignored other possible suspects and the police made mistakes in the investigation and with evidence. Defense 101.

Let us know the outcome.

1st vote in jury room...4-8 not guilty. So then they looked more closely at who was this person(defendant).....hmmmm. Then they found the person guilty. Interesting. Said it wasn't one piece but so many things together.

I just read on the earlier thread speculation that this was asked by the prosecution to set up later computer evidence that they have that he searched that area (presumably in looking for a good dump site).

I guess that could be the case, but I'm puzzled how that would have worked. If I had a dead body in the house and my goal was to dump it somewhere that I wouldn't likely be seen but also somewhere not too far away since I had small kids sleeping in the house, I would look up my own address on Google Maps (or Mapquest, etc). I would then start dragging the map around looking for ideas of places that would fit my criteria.

So, in that case it would be my address that showed up in the browser history. There is no way that the map web site can save everywhere you drag the map too. Writing all of that to disk would: 1) fill up your hard drive, 2) make the map horrendously slow.

If I knew of some area that might fit the criteria (Fielding Dr in this case), I'm not sure what the point of searching that area would be. I don't need a map, I know where I'm going. I guess you could say that it was to look at Google satellite images to see whether there were houses there yet. But, surely Brad would be smart enough to know that you can trust the satellite images since they are often a year or two out of date.

Now, to me, it would be pretty suspicious if he did any Google Maps (or something similar) in the middle of the night. But, I'm not sure why he would have searched specifically for the dump site.

I suppose another possibility could be that he remembered having driven by a new Toll Brothers neighborhood, but didn't recall exactly where it was. So, then he went to the Toll Brothers website and looked for neighborhoods in the area to refresh his memory. That would be pretty suspicious as well.

Would it be awesome if we had access to satellite for 7/12/2008 ? Wow. Technology can show the print on a newspaper.

1st vote in jury room...4-8 not guilty. So then they looked more closely at who was this person(defendant).....hmmmm. Then they found the person guilty. Interesting. Said it wasn't one piece but so many things together.

I recorded that...off to watch.
Interesting 8 NG could be swayed.

Interesting. Thanks for the update!

I'm curious to know why BC offered up that he had been doing some Google searches.

Im so enjoying this friendly thread!!!!!

All the snitty posters gone to bed??

I'm curious to know why BC offered up that he had been doing some Google searches.

google searches are incredibly common for everyone that I work with in technology field, rfc's are a very common search.

google searches are incredibly common for everyone that I work with in technology field, rfc's are a very common search.

Oh, I know they're common... What's an rfc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth