The case in Louisiana was due to the man's water in his water heater having the amoeba in it. They said on my local news that is not that unusual. Ok, great to know. But they said the reason he was infected with the amoeba is because he put the water directly into his deep sinus area with a Netty Pot (sp???) So, when he poured the water down his nose, the amoeba reached an area that water would normally never reach. They said if he had not used the sinus draining pot, he most likely would never have been infected with the amoeba. (This is going from memory from this morning's news... www.wafb.com most likely) Very sad.