Found Deceased Canada - Branden Bodson-Gratton, 25, Sudbury, Ontario, 3 Dec 2018

ocsalumni

Reaction score
vc8ifco.jpg

Branden Bodson-Gratton was last seen Dec. 3 on Elm St. downtown.

He is described as 5’10’, 155lbs., with short brown hair & hazel eyes.

No clothing description is available at this time.

Anyone with information about Branden Bodson-Gratton is asked to contact Sudbury Police At: 705-675-9171.

Source: Branden Bodson-Gratton, 25. Missing man from Sudbury, Ontario.

*modsnip*/ post and fb link removed not in line with TOS

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully I did this right. Please let me know if I should make any adjustments.

There is little to no media coverage of his disappearance. I'm not sure if it's because this case is in Canada and I'm in the US, but even his "themissing.ca" link only shows a little bit over 350 views.

- do we have any information anywhere about where his cellphone was found?
- was he on a call when the cab dropped him off?
- any indication who he might have been speaking to?
- state of mind when the cab dropped him?
- any signs of a disturbance in the house?
- anything missing from the house?
- any neighbours see or hear anything unusual that night?
- where had he been earlier in the night?
- did anyone receive texts from him after the time when the cab dropped him off?

What is concerning to me is that he left his keys at home but took his cellphone. Was he on his way to meet someone (on the phone making a plan?) and somehow forgot his keys?

The more troubling possibility is that he didn't intend to come home. But in that case, why not just leave the cellphone too?

Last edited:
His mother was also quoted saying "he had been diagnosed with depression and early onset schizophrenia. He also keeps in regular contact with her and the family."

She also added that "he left the door to his boarding room open and his cat was loose in the building" - which he never leaves for more than four hours alone.

Source:
Sudbury mother says missing son has health concerns

In a post further down that link above, she clarifies that he was last see on Elm Street at 5.30pm. Seems kind of early for no one to have seen anything? Hopefully there are witnesses who will come forward as word spreads. And CCTV of that journey from Elm street to his home, it looks like a roughly 20 minute walk on google maps, might give some sense of how he seemed.

- do we have any information anywhere about where his cellphone was found?
- was he on a call when the cab dropped him off?
- any indication who he might have been speaking to?
- state of mind when the cab dropped him?
- any signs of a disturbance in the house?
- anything missing from the house?
- any neighbours see or hear anything unusual that night?
- where had he been earlier in the night?
- did anyone receive texts from him after the time when the cab dropped him off?

What is concerning to me is that he left his keys at home but took his cellphone. Was he on his way to meet someone (on the phone making a plan?) and somehow forgot his keys?

The more troubling possibility is that he didn't intend to come home. But in that case, why not just leave the cellphone too?
BBM - Yes, here are a few linked quotes.

Quote: "His phone was found a few days later in the parking lot of the John Howard Society on Pine Street."
Have you seen this missing Sudbury man? | CBC News

Quote: “His cell phone was found Wednesday afternoon in parking lot of John Howard Society on Pins Street."
Missing Person: 25 yr old Branden Lee Bodson-Gratton

Here is a Google map I did marking a few locations:
108io3d.jpg
Branden Bodson-Gratton - Google My Maps

Perhaps it is just me, but I'm finding varying articles giving the boarding house location as being on both Elm Street and Elgin Street. I see from Google maps that the two streets intersect.

In the radio interview with Branden's mother included in the CBC article, she says he only had his "new" cell phone for about two weeks. It's hard to say if it was Branden, himself, who dropped it in the parking lot, or someone else.

My prayers go out to both Branden and his family.

BBM - Yes, here are a few linked quotes.

Quote: "His phone was found a few days later in the parking lot of the John Howard Society on Pine Street."
Have you seen this missing Sudbury man? | CBC News

Quote: “His cell phone was found Wednesday afternoon in parking lot of John Howard Society on Pins Street."
Missing Person: 25 yr old Branden Lee Bodson-Gratton

Here is a Google map I did marking a few locations:
108io3d.jpg
Branden Bodson-Gratton - Google My Maps

Perhaps it is just me, but I'm finding varying articles giving the boarding house location as being on both Elm Street and Elgin Street. I see from Google maps that the two streets intersect.

In the radio interview with Branden's mother included in the CBC article, she says he only had his "new" cell phone for about two weeks. It's hard to say if it was Branden, himself, who dropped it in the parking lot, or someone else.

My prayers go out to both Branden and his family.

Thanks for those links. Amazing graphic. In a small way it could be reassuring that the phone location is not on the way to the ocean, it's farther away from the ocean than his boarding house.

Not many updates at all, there have been a few tips that are being looked into by police. Tips that hint at "being coaxed out of his room" as per his mum in the article. There is also a few extra details about the days before and of.

There just really isn't a whole lot of news.. but his mum seems very worried and hopefully he is found safe.

Source:
'Something is wrong': Sudbury mom desperately searches for son last seen December 3rd

Not many updates at all, there have been a few tips that are being looked into by police. Tips that hint at "being coaxed out of his room" as per his mum in the article. There is also a few extra details about the days before and of.

There just really isn't a whole lot of news.. but his mum seems very worried and hopefully he is found safe.

Source:
'Something is wrong': Sudbury mom desperately searches for son last seen December 3rd
Thanks so much for this link. It gives the best timeline I've seen so far, and it clears up the Elm/Elgin Streets confusion with the following:

Quote from link given in above quote: "Then, at 5:12 p.m. Dec. 3, Branden was dropped off by a cab on Elm Street, close to his home in a rooming house on Elgin Street, near the Grand Theatre."

I came across the following link--nothing new, but it confirms everyone is searching for him, including law enforcement. Video at link.

Sudbury police ask people to check property for missing man

'Greater Sudbury Police have received a tip to that effect'

I wonder who tipped off the police that he might have been lured out of his room? Someone else in the boarding house who saw/heard something but doesn't want to get involved?

Anyone local know why someone might be out there carrying wood? Does this person KNOW the surveillance camera is there? Are they deliberately avoiding?

I see from SM that Brandon likes to lift weights. Seems like he'd be more than able to carry that wood. But is he a survival expert? Can't be easy if he is living rough out there in all that snow?!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back