Brandon Nathan Tyson- SC teen shot dead by friend’s dad

Discussion in 'Crimes That Should Be In The News' started by MommaK, Feb 23, 2019.

1. kboyd26

kboyd26 New Member

I understand that SC has stand your ground laws, however, this kid was not breaking into his home, or there uninvited. He was a guest in the home, as far as I can tell by the MSM articles.

2. MommaK

MommaK Member

I know it’s not MSM, but the blog has recently updated and will be updated tomorrow also. There is also now a section to look at crime scene photos and files (autopsy, toxicology, medical record, and school records). The blog is https://justice4brandon.org/

AzPistonsGirl and Gardenista like this.
  3. MommaK

MommaK Member

4. glamourkitty1922

glamourkitty1922 Well-Known Member

How horrible! I read comments saying the teen tried to eat the man's face, I didn't believe it. The father was lucky he was armed. Magic Mushrooms are terrible things.

Pleiades7 likes this.
  5. BayouBelle_LA

BayouBelle_LA Well-Known Member

Pleiades7 likes this.
  6. Penny16

Penny16 New Member

I have heard the 911 call and read the transcript. The teen sam was terrified but not of Brandon who he called Brad but of that dude which would be the homeowner. He refers to Brandon as Brad each time he talks about him. He refers to Mark as that dude while talking to dispatch. At one point mark comes up on sam who is hiding behind the truck and starts begging Mark don't shoot please don't shoot me. It gave me chills. I do not know anyone in this case. With all the teen guys and 2 adults in the house 5 people was all it would have taken to restrain him. My son in law was deployed to Guantanamo Bay prison. He was the right arm man which meant his job when going in to subdue a prisoner was to pin the right arm. A man for the left arm one for each leg and one to restrain the head until they could get the prisoner in cuffs. They could have restrained Brandon but mark became a hunter and that unarmed possibly drunk and drugged 17 year old boy was his prey. It was not self-defense and if you agree that it was I truly hope that if it ever happens to you that your child's life isn't so easily disguarded by people the way you all are disregarding Brandon's life

7. glamourkitty1922

Brandon was shot in the home (there is a photo of the blood on the floor) and he bit a huge chunk out of the homeowner's face. The homeowner wasn't drunk, his blood was tested. Brandon was on mushrooms and was uncontrollable. The homeowner's life is important and he had the right to preserve it from a drug crazed attacker.

Pleiades7, Gardenista and pillywiggin like this.
  8. Peachykeen

Peachykeen Active Member

The homeowner tested positive for alcohol and THC

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  9. glamourkitty1922

The homeowner was under the legal limit for driving. I wonder if they are searching for the person who sold the young man his drugs? Of course, Brandon could have just searched for hallucinogenic mushrooms in the wild. I looked them up and they are horrible. ADF - Drug Facts - Magic Mushrooms, Psilocybin There is a website devoted to giving directions on where to find hallucinogenic mushrooms in the US, including South Carolina.

10. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

He was barely under the legal limit and the test was done at the hospital. So he was probably legally drunk at the time of the shooting which might be why he settled the lawsuit.

11. glamourkitty1922

The family settled the lawsuit he put against them as well. He was not legally drunk since he was capable of driving a vehicle legally.

Pleiades7 likes this.
  12. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

He was very close to legally drunk at the hospital, so he was likely legally drunk when he shot.

Peachykeen likes this.
  13. Peachykeen

Peachykeen Active Member

Not to mention the THC, there is no legal limit for that in SC. It's clear, based on reading the police report, that was the party house for the kids. More than just Brandon took the mushrooms that night. There was alcohol available to the teens to drink, which they did drink, marijuana was being smoked by at least one adult and the teens as well. All of these things make the "stand your ground" or the Castle doctrine null and void. I don't dispute Brandon was likely out of control but I do not accept he had to lose his life over it.

14. Peachykeen

Peachykeen Active Member

The remaining teens, that are alive know good and well where the mushrooms came from, Brandon was not the only one to ingest them that night.

AzPistonsGirl and Gardenista like this.