Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Ironies, Coincidences, and Parallels'..
Thought I would bring these comments over from the websleuths thread: BSL - More Victims???? Am I just being paranoid, or is their an obvious pattern materializing?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179400&page=20&highlight=brandon+lavergne

Originally Posted by Houston Mom
http://insidehotspringsvillage.blogs...na-natzke.html

Burned car, national forest....hmmmm....just rings a bell. Wish I knew if BSL was on shore. Everyone assumes it is the boyfriend, but just wondering....

Originally Posted by Foxfire
Ironically, I was following the Karen Swift(TN) murder case when Dawna Natzke, vanished. If I remember correctly, she is from the area of Arkansas where murdered Karen Swift, grew up..and her family resides there now. Only five hours away on interstate 40.
One would doubt that BSL was responsible but only time and CODIS will tell, huh?

Found Deceased AR - Dawna Natzke - 46 years old - Hot Springs Village - 21-Dec-2011 - (3 days before Christmas)Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Houston Mom, another suspicious irony In Karen Swift's murder case is that her remains were discovered in an 1860's Historical Cemetery, as was Mickey Shunick's in Pinesclaire Historical Cemetery. Wonder if Cayenne pepper was also sprinkled in the kudzu around Karen's hidden remains.

http://www.stategazette.com/topic/karenswift/
Dyer County man describes finding Swift's body (12/14/11)
As the investigation into the murder of Karen Swift enters its first week, one of the men who discovered her body is speaking about the find that could solve this case. John Robinson, the preacher at Bogota Church of Christ, made the discovery along with his friend, Mark Rickman, on Saturday as they were leaving Historic Bledsoe Cemetery
http://tn-roots.com/tndyer/cemetery/.../bledsoe3.html (Photo & history of Bledsoe Cemetery)

"Due to her body being placed and concealed in the area that it was recovered from and apparent injuries to her body it has been ruled a homicide," said Sheriff Box.

Dawna Natzke from Hot Springs, AR this morning. Have you seen her photo? The similarities to Karen Swift is eerie.. She is described as 5-foot-6 with brown hair with blonde highlights and brown eyes.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-arkansas-mothers-torched-car-found-forest/story?id=15257790

Add the Lunar Eclipse, on Dec 10/ 2011, the day before Karen Swift's remains were located http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...155518&page=15 (Pic of lunareclipse on page 15- comment 365 by otto)

The historical cemetery, possible staging/dumping of her body, near three huge historic iron crosses, and Karen Swift vanished on Halloween weekend...'yikes'!

As someone stated on another forum, this is beginning to sound like a tragic Southern Gothic Novel, yet may actually be reality..

Guess, the title would be: 'Everywhere man, nowhere man; demonic predator BS Lavergne, from Church Point, LA'

To be continued -

I just want to sincerely apologize for the timing of my last two posts. I had been away for a couple of days and upon returning I was trying to catch up. I responded to some older posts about evidence and BSL and once I caught up I realized that I had done so when everyone was discussing Mickey's celebration/memorial. I immediately felt horrible...as if I was being disrespectful. (Apparently, timing isn't my thing!). I was unable to attend the memorial but was able to see some of the photos and videos posted. What a wonderful person Mickey was and what an honor it must have been to truly know her. (Although we all kinda feel like we do). Hopefully, its just one step closer in the healing process for her family, friends and the community.

I just want to sincerely apologize for the timing of my last two posts. I had been away for a couple of days and upon returning I was trying to catch up. I responded to some older posts about evidence and BSL and once I caught up I realized that I had done so when everyone was discussing Mickey's celebration/memorial. I immediately felt horrible...as if I was being disrespectful. (Apparently, timing isn't my thing!). I was unable to attend the memorial but was able to see some of the photos and videos posted. What a wonderful person Mickey was and what an honor it must have been to truly know her. (Although we all kinda feel like we do). Hopefully, its just one step closer in the healing process for her family, friends and the community.

peepop, speaking for myself, no apologies are necessary.. We all know that you are a caring person and we know where your heart is at.
At times it is analogous to a juggling act, trying to sleuth while at the same time showing empathy and respect for the victims and their families.

Went by the MS "Ghost Bike" Memorial today. Shocked at how close it was to Dean St. Does LE have evidence or reason to believe MS has hit at THAT location? I assumed it was much further down, closer to Blackham. The road between Dean and Coliseum is relatively long, at least 500'. The Memorial seems to be less than 100' from the house on Dean......

Went by the MS "Ghost Bike" Memorial today. Shocked at how close it was to Dean St. Does LE have evidence or reason to believe MS has hit at THAT location? I assumed it was much further down, closer to Blackham. The road between Dean and Coliseum is relatively long, at least 500'. The Memorial seems to be less than 100' from the house on Dean......

I went by there today also and wondered the same. They probably put the bike there because it is out of the way of that big parking lot on the right as you drive down St. Landry toward Coliseum. There is a utility plant just past there off of the road which the property probably belongs to the city and they might of had permission to place it there. Also wondered about why the dogs hit just a lil farther down in the rear of the print building.

I went by there today also and wondered the same. They probably put the bike there because it is out of the way of that big parking lot on the right as you drive down St. Landry toward Coliseum. There is a utility plant just past there off of the road which the property probably belongs to the city and they might of had permission to place it there. Also wondered about why the dogs hit just a lil farther down in the rear of the print building.

Just another piece of missing information IMO. LE I don't believe ever confirmed the information about where the dogs actually hit. By things I have heard it leads me to believe that is where they were when the knife incident occurred. Who knows?

The police said between Dean Street and Coliseum, I just figured half way. I seriously doubt it was at the bike location.

HouDat: Did you take this photo?

this is a time, when no words are needed - this photo is absolutely priceless!
Thank you kindly.

I did not take that photo. It was posted in a collection of photos on TDA's website.

And yes, I agree, it's a terrific photo. Just captures a timeless moment which is beyond words.

What a beautiful video.

It's impossible for me to watch anything Mickey related and not tear up.

The small turn out doesn't surprise me. Many people that I know in Lafayette did not keep up with Mickey's case. Some think she was stupid for riding her bike alone at night and feel little pity. Sad attitudes but it's how they feel. Like most other cases, people move on and forget or lose their passion.
Glad for those who were able to attend that it was a nice celebration of Mickey's
life.
BBM
Stupid is. Stupid does. Heard the profession across my own kitchen table. Swatted the thinkin off like a mosquito on my nose.

Stupid is smoking...then, coughing. Stupid is drinking...then, driving. Stupid is winning the lottery...then, committing suicide. Stupid's alot of things. Stupid... was not Ms. Mickey on the night of her demise.

She rode in freedom. Aware, yet without inhibition. Like an astronaut on the shuttle into space. Like a bullrider on an 8 second ride. Like a firefighter entering a blaze. Aware, yet without inhibition. An inner calling to face inner fears, with liberty...and just do it.

Chalk it up to fate...destiny...? Yes. I believe so. And in that fate we have now witnessed, knowing Michaela 'Mickey' Shunick...are we inclined to ride free? To...just do it? I wanna walk the Camino de Santiago bout now! Thank you, Ms. Mickey!

Melodramatic, I assume. (Just how my head rolls!:what:)

BBM
Stupid is. Stupid does. Heard the profession across my own kitchen table. Swatted the thinkin off like a mosquito on my nose.

Stupid is smoking...then, coughing. Stupid is drinking...then, driving. Stupid is winning the lottery...then, committing suicide. Stupid's alot of things. Stupid... was not Ms. Mickey on the night of her demise.

She rode in freedom. Aware, yet without inhibition. Like an astronaut on the shuttle into space. Like a bullrider on an 8 second ride. Like a firefighter entering a blaze. Aware, yet without inhibition. An inner calling to face inner fears, with liberty...and just do it.

Chalk it up to fate...destiny...? Yes. I believe so. And in that fate we have now witnessed, knowing Michaela 'Mickey' Shunick...are we inclined to ride free? To...just do it? I wanna walk the Camino de Santiago bout now! Thank you, Ms. Mickey!

Melodramatic, I assume. (Just how my head rolls!:what:)

:goodpost:

That's a tear jerker with some laughs thrown in for good measure...Thank You for Sharing!

Luv it! Amazing tribute!.. Thanx for sharing Mescheresamis...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuaX9T8xCOg&feature=youtu.be

The University of Louisiana at Lafayette remembers one of our own, Mickey Shunick, and her heroic courage and strength with scenes from events surrounding "Celebrate Mickey" day in the city of Lafayette, Louisiana on Saturday, September 29th.

Lyrics snipped from Elton John's song 'Candle in the wind'..

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never knowing who to cling to
When the rain set in
And I would have liked to have known you
But I was just a kid
Your candle burned out long before
Your legend ever did...

I must say I was sad at the turn out. Not that many people. Far less than the vigil. But yet there were tons of people drinking beer and tail gating at the football field.

I know there are a lot of excuses about this. One is that there were tons of people drinking beer and tail gating at the football field, one that she shouldn't of been out on a bike at that time(I think anybody should be able to go where they want, when they want) and probably others, that I can't remember, but I do remember something in the beginning that had a bearing on why and maybe not why some of this happened.

One reason that I heard and I know some of you won't agree, but remember an opinion is like something that everybody uses everyday and we all have one. In the beginning of her disappearance, when all that money was coming in, something was brought up to the affect that some of it wasn't being accounted for and some people backed off and just couldn't bring themselves back to it and that upset some. Also after she was found, it was reported that some of the volunteers wanted to keep the center open to help others and that also made some people wonder what was going on. Not saying that there was any wrong doings going on, but you got to admit that people will wonder, where the money that some gives is going. Many felt like the left over money should of been given to the 2 volunteer groups who came from Texas, and maybe it was but was it ever mentioned in an official statement that it was?
I know I will probably catch it for posting this, but that is what I heard, and yes it is hearsay, but sometimes hearsay is what it is.
Bottom is line is that she was found and the one who did it is being punished, might not know the true details, but we do know what they want us to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88