Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the welcome Foxfire. I have been very impressed with all of your posts. And you are so right. Mickey has brought the community together and most definitely made it safer. I only wish things had turned out differently of course. I know we all do.

I'm just catching up today, but there is a girl missing from Pineville, LA. Pineville, LA and Alexandria, LA are frequently lumped together and just called Alexandria or "Alec" to locals. Her name is Dorothy Eyvonne Rosier. Her story is similar to Lisa Pate, as she has a criminal history and a history of drug use. There has not been much information about her, but I did see a link on another page. I am including one as well. Please delete if this has already been discussed.
http://www.someoneismissing.com/louisiana/dorothy-eyvonne-rosier.htm

http://www.kalb.com/story/18985345/cenla-family-still-looking-for-missing-woman

I was thinking about BSL's motivations and what seems to be important to him. It seems like it is very important to him not to be seen as a sexual predator. He tried to remove his RSO status and tried to bribe someone at the DMV. He told people that what happened on 1999 was consensual, he did not admit to rape in his plea deal.

I think BSL likes to put blame on everyone and everything but himself. Maybe he hates himself inside and doesn't want to face the truth. He doesn't want to admit that he is a sexial predator excuses excuses...he tried to remove his RSO...to save his butt....he probable knew LE would be checking on him...he needed a new truck to pretend it was the same one he burned..again..to save his butt...so to do that..he whited out his RSO status and bribed....everything to keep him safe . In 1999..it was her fault..she told me to come see her..and go through the window. But...she was blindfolded ..so she wouldn't know who did this..but she recognized his voice....if this was consensual...why do that? This guy has excuses for everything....i bet really in his mind this is everyones fault..but his....probably his sisters for not sticking up for him..probably Mickeys for hurting him...i think everything in his mind is NOT MY FAULT. I think he has gotten away with many terrible things inhis life and is use to never being blamed for anything. That sounds mote like he grew up spoiled and getting anything he wanted.

My first time posting. I found this site at the beginning when Mickey went missing. I was trying to stay informed and MSM wasn't always reporting any info. I found WS somehow and can't stay away. My daughter is friends with Charlie. They attended ULL together and worked on a study which they presented at a conference. Charlie is amazing and I continue to be impressed with how she and her family have handled such a tragedy. Especially since, like I told Charlie, there was not a blueprint to follow to help them along their journey to find Mickey. But, it's almost like Mickey's family and friends knew exactly what they needed to do to bring her home. I think of BW, her close friend, and the last person to be with her before she went missing. He had to endure speculation that he was involved somehow. I guess, BSL would have been just fine with BW taking the rap for him. My inlaws live on St. Landry St. My husband grew up on that street. I wonder if I will ever be able to drive there without thinking what happened that night. I know that I will be forever changed by this tragedy in our beloved Lafayette. Sorry for the novel but I have a feeling that you people on this site will understand. RIP sweet and Mighty Mickey

Glad to have you with us, Patti! I suppose you found WS the same way most of us did. Something tragic happening to someone you know or know of, or someone with a local connection is probably what brings most people here, in search of more news than you will usually find in MSM. But as you probably quickly found out, members here arent just looking for news beyond what they can find in their local market. After all, TOS generally do not allow unfounded rumors to be posted here, though reasonable speculation is allowed and good, imo, as long as it is noted as such. Members here, I really believe, have a genuine desire to help in any way that we can. Many heads are better than few, and I sincerely believe that members here, collectively, contributed in at least some way, to bringing BSL to justice. As you see, we have not given up fighting yet, as there still may very possibly be more victims of this man. I believe that your heart will keep you here, fighting for all the other "Mickeys", in your community and well beyond. In many ways, we ARE a community here, and every member is valued. I look forward to sleuthing alongside you. Welcome again!

To all the locals here: please keep your eye out for this beautiful girl, she is my good friend's sister and she has been missing for a week now from the Prairieville area (around Baton Rouge for all you non-locals). Please spread the word - exposure can make ALL the difference.

Here is her thread: [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182525"]http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182525[/ame]

Attachments

• SONIA MISSING.jpg
    SONIA MISSING.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 39
You are protecting yourself.....what would he be protecting himself from? Where was the knife and gun when he lied about being stabbed and robbed at the gas station in NO. I think he carried the knife and gun..not for protection...but for his evil thoughts and deeds? JMO

"what would he be protecting himself from?"--M I C K E Y!

K.jill, I agree with you concerning BSL not wanting to be recognized as any kind of sexual predator. However, being called a murderer doesn't seem to bother him. I can't seem to comprehend any of it.

To all the locals here: please keep your eye out for this beautiful girl, she is my good friend's sister and she has been missing for a week now from the Prairieville area (around Baton Rouge for all you non-locals). Please spread the word - exposure can make ALL the difference.

Here is her thread: http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182525

I'm sorry to hear this. I will keep her in my prayers for a safe homecoming. Can you give us details around her coming up missing? Location and anything else that might be helpful.

Take care

I'm sorry to hear this. I will keep her in my prayers for a safe homecoming. Can you give us details around her coming up missing? Location and anything else that might be helpful.

Take care

I know the word is getting around for her also because I saw this earlier on my facebook as well.

Off topic!
Just want to give my Gulf Coast friends a heads up. A weather board I belong to is saying we might have Hurricane Issac coming to call in a week or so. Start preparing. My hurricane closet is pretty bare so tomorrow I'm going to buy water, batteries, and other staples. Their (most are meteorology students/ meteorologist) predictions show a Louisiana landing. Keep in mind that hurricanes are unpredictable as we all know. It could be another Ivan or a trough could pick it up and move it in another direction.
Please just keep an eye on it!

K.jill, I agree with you concerning BSL not wanting to be recognized as any kind of sexual predator. However, being called a murderer doesn't seem to bother him. I can't seem to comprehend any of it.

Yes, I was thinking the same. Murder, beating women, using a knife on someone half his size. Hard to comprehend.

I was thinking about BSL's motivations and what seems to be important to him. It seems like it is very important to him not to be seen as a sexual predator. He tried to remove his RSO status and tried to bribe someone at the DMV. He told people that what happened on 1999 was consensual, he did not admit to rape in his plea deal.

Doesn't it also state in his plea deal that he did not admit to murdering Lisa? But the information was gathered from informants from when he was in jail? Is this correct or did I read this wrong earlier?

Here is her thread: http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182525

Charlie is also sharing her information! I hope she is found!

Doesn't it also state in his plea deal that he did not admit to murdering Lisa? But the information was gathered from informants from when he was in jail? Is this correct or did I read this wrong earlier?

You are correct, the plea deal says she died shortly after he attacked her.
IMO it was very shortly after he put a plastic bag over her head.

Regarding why she wouldn't have turned off St. Landry once BSL was following her: I assume BSL dropped back with the truck and went slowly - slow enough so that his motor was quiet and that his headlights didn't shine brightly on Mickey to alert her. Her bike had no rear-view mirror. He waited until she got clear of the houses before he made his run at the bike.

And it is possible that she was listening to music on her iPod. The guilty plea specifically said he destroyed her iPod.
That's the way I read it: She wasn't aware he was there.

Just a tip to the wise: Whether or not Mickey happened to be listening to music during her ride, this is just a good time to remind folks not to tune out. Several years ago, a police officer came out to talk to my running group about a rash of early morning attacks at a popular Houston running park. The victims had this in common: All were running alone and listening to headphones or earbuds or whatever.

Please be fully aware of your surroundings and be safe! :eye::eye:

But maybe I'm preaching to the choir here. I've just gotten a lot more aware of my surroundings since following this case...

How ironic that he just happened to have a plastic bag he could put over Lisa beaten face!

Uhh, thanks for pointing all of that out to me. Especially that Bible quote...I had no idea:what:

I'm sure there are many people of different faiths as members besides you that are here reading this as well as guests from all walks of life: atheists, agnostics, ,Catholics,Baptists,Buddhists,Jehovah's Witnessses,Wiccans,Islamists,Kabbalists, Jewish,Polytheists,Gnostics,Pantheists,etc.

Not everyone knows what the teachings of other religions are. While I may try to follow the beliefs of Christ, not everyone here believes the way I do. I think if I want others to believe what I believe, the way to go about it is by educating others as to my thoughts, beliefs and opinions. Because not everyone here follows the beliefs that I have, they will have opinions that differ than mine.I don't think it is for me to call others out because they may
feel differently or believe differently than I do. Everyone has the right to form their own opinion and express it, just as I do, and have done on many occassions. Just because you or I may feel that some of the things said about BSL are inappropriate doesn't give us the right to take away others right to feel however it is they feel and to express it. This is, after all, a public website, and not a church.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth