Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

Discussion in 'Mickey Shunick' started by FrayedKnot, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diamond12

diamond12 Active Member

It's very interesting to read everyone's opinions on the matter. I tend to agree with you, there might be a few more victims but not a big number.
    I think he might have been more active as a rapist an probably molested several women in between killing. Sadly those crimes often don't get reported.
    I wonder if he was mainly a violent rapist who killed when totally lost control and had the victims recognize him. This is just my opinion of course, I'm not an expert of such behaviours.

2. Houston Mom

Houston Mom Well-Known Member

I posted this link on the BSL victem's thread. The police sketch of the rapist looks like BSL.

http://montgomerytx.countymonitor.c...lease-juvenile-sexual-assault-suspect-sought/

3. Foxfire

Foxfire New Member

diamond12, yes it is very interesting to hear the many theories & opinions of the total number of BSL victims.

Imo, due to the lack of info released of the Mickey Shunick investigation; complete autopsy report, number of IDs, clothing, and other souvenirs/tokens, etc. It would be difficult to predict BSL's escalation or the victim magnitude.
    Fortunately BSL was incarcerated much of his adult life and active years, or his victim total may have been much higher.

We do know that BSL murdered Lisa Pate in 1999, and once the threshold has been crossed, there is no use in letting a victim live to testify against you..

4. diamond12

diamond12 Active Member

Thank you for the link I'll check out the thread as well. The sketch sure looks like him, plus this one had a gun as well...

Yes you are right, at the moment is very difficult to try and understand what he did in the past, besides what we already know.
    Thank God his first (known) victim was brave enough to report what happened, thanks to her women of the area were safe for some time.

5. Mescheresamis

Mescheresamis New Member

6. Houston Mom

Houston Mom Well-Known Member

7. Mescheresamis

Mescheresamis New Member

8. Foxfire

Foxfire New Member

9. Canaille

Canaille Well-Known Member

I had done some "sleuthing" (or in my case, just being plain nosey) right after his adopted mom made a statement. There was a Brandon Laverne on her FB friends list... That's Laverne... Without the "g".

10. Foxfire

Foxfire New Member

Yes, I did, Houston Mom, and would not be at all surprised if it is true.. These turf wars go on between LEAs quite frequently from my experience. The victims and their families are the unfortunate recipients of this lack of communication/jurisdictional linkage/blindness, imo..

11. Coullion

Coullion New Member

12. Coullion

Coullion New Member

13. OceanMetTheSky

OceanMetTheSky New Member

Yeah, that was him from what I know.
    I'm guessing LE shut down the account.

14. OceanMetTheSky

Yeah but oddly enough, if one asks LE what bsl had of theirs, they just refuse to tell you.
    You'd think after his confession and finding Mickey, they'd contact the women they had already met with, and finally tell them what he had. But no.

It's just asking for closure, yet being refused it.

15. OceanMetTheSky

About ten minutes from lafayette actually!

Oh and for the record between the debate on if there's a high or low body count, I'm still going to go with high. Very high. Until of course I'm given a reason to believe otherwise.
    Most that think his victim count is low won't believe otherwise until they are given a reason to believe he had more victims. I guess I'm opposite haha

16. K.jill

K.jill Well-Known Member

Seems like le should tell the women what he had of theirs and tell them of any theories as to how he got them. The items belong to these women and IMO they Have a right to know. Also, knowing what he had might help them protect themselves from future losses of personal items.

17. kgeaux

kgeaux New Member

I believe that the victim count will be at least three more young women. I am not sure how many more, but at LEAST three more. I am basing this completely on CajunNet.

18. Crimson clover

Crimson clover New Member

What? What I missed? Do we know, as fact, LE has refused someone, specifically, knowledge of personal belongings in BSL's possession? If this follows a personal venue...then I get the frustration.

19. danzn16

danzn16 For the missing

Why are the files sealed? is this common after a confession?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

20. SteveP

SteveP Well-Known Member

I dont have the link handy, but if I am not mistaken, the gist of it was that the files are sealed because they contain evidence or info that is or may be part of ongoing investigations....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.