Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think whether or not Mickey entered the truck willingly or because she was hurt can be explained by her attempt to call 911. Was she reporting the accident or was she calling for help because she felt threatened!?

I wondered (if BSL is being truthful) how he knew what number she was attempting to dial. Maybe she told him...? Or grabbed the phone away and saw the numbers?

Which reminds me -- I don't believe the documents from yesterday say what Brandon did with Mickey's phone, do they? I remember it did mention her iPod...

i agree. in a perfect world where we could really get rid of all guns then maybe. but that will NEVER happen. otherwise stricter gun control laws will just allow people like BSL to have guns when they are not supposed to. obviously they break laws and don't care about whether they are not supposed to have them or not. poor mickey may not even have been allowed to have one on her bike ride home if any of it was on campus and then i don't even know LA state laws on concealed carry. the citizens are restricted, but the criminals are not whatsoever. stricter gun laws are not the answer to this

I agree. As I posted on the previous thread, which didnt get brought over, as a convicted felon, there already is a law that kept BSL from LEGALLY owning a gun. I fail to see how any other or more stringent gun control laws would have prevented him having one. He isnt exactly a law-abiding citizen. JMO

Who is Garryb? And I don't mean that as in 'who does he think he is'. I mean, who is he in relation to all this. I read through all his posts and he came in with a first post that appeared to be he jumped in to correct someone about the sister's address. He mentioned he isn't related. Is he a neighbor? Family friend? Is this information not for us to know, or did I miss it? Again, I don't mean to come across as rude. I always try to find the answers myself before throwing stuff out like this.
Feel free to read garryb's posts and if the member reveals their identity - so be it.
However, if they do not reveal it- it should not be brought into the conversation because first and foremost all members anonymity is honored and respected here.

Bessie has posted that garryb is a verified insider and as such has the ability to post this "inside" information.
As always, please give it as much weight as you choose.
hth.

LOL, settle down Donamena...When you click like to a comment, unlike appears in case you decide to delete it....

'I liked it, as well as 4 others'...lol..
Sorry, I misunderstood & my quick-to-temper Latina blood kicked it.
Hiding under table....

I had read previously that LE had found items in a dumpster in Church Point, but perhaps these were other items and not weapons.

Just read this article that states he disposed of both weapons in the New Orleans area.

http://www.wafb.com/story/19302087/...-fought-for-her-life-lavergne-will-serve-life

In his court statement, Lavergne said he drove to his home with Mickey still in the passenger seat of his truck. After he tended to his wounds, he got rid of his clothes and other evidence. He drove Mickey's body to an area of an old cemetery in Evangeline Parish intending to bury her body. He was unable to dig because of his injuries, so he left the body in a nearby tree line, covering her body with branches and debris.

The next day, he went to an area off the Whiskey Bay area and threw Mickey's bike into the water. He continued to his friend's home in or around New Orleans. Once there, he got rid of the handgun and threw the knife in a dumpster.
It's prob dumpster in gas station where he was 'attacked' prob on corner of Carrollton & Claiborne near ochsner. Or in Ochsner's dumpster.

Who is Garryb? And I don't mean that as in 'who does he think he is'. I mean, who is he in relation to all this. I read through all his posts and he came in with a first post that appeared to be he jumped in to correct someone about the sister's address. He mentioned he isn't related. Is he a neighbor? Family friend? Is this information not for us to know, or did I miss it? Again, I don't mean to come across as rude. I always try to find the answers myself before throwing stuff out like this.

He has been verified as an insider and I believe is connected -- I am not sure exactly how -- to BSL's bio family. I do not think he himself is a blood relative of Brandon, though. Anyone chime in if I have this wrong, please. (Edited to clarify that the information I just gave is what I have gathered from his posts only -- no other source.)

GarryB,

You mentioned the person you know initials were on a document can you confirm those initials. Only for my own curiosity. Is it AS or BN?

I wondered (if BSL is being truthful) how he knew what number she was attempting to dial. Maybe she told him...? Or grabbed the phone away and saw the numbers?

Which reminds me -- I don't believe the documents from yesterday say what Brandon did with Mickey's phone, do they? I remember it did mention her iPod...
I seem to remember he threw it away or put in burn pile. I have to look at my notes, which I haven't. I could barely breathe when I walked out of there. Went straight to CD & got strong iced Japanese coffee.
I can't even BEGIN to imagine how the Shunicks & Pates feel.

Feel free to read garryb's posts and if the member reveals their identity - so be it.
However, if they do not reveal it- it should not be brought into the conversation because first and foremost all members anonymity is honored and respected here.

Bessie has posted that garryb is a verified insider and as such has the ability to post this "inside" information.
As always, please give it as much weight as you choose.
hth.

Thank you. I was not trying to pry or be overly personal. I had read his posts, and connect the dots and thought I just missed that detail. He doesn't have to say, I just thought maybe he had and I overlooked it. He has the right to privacy, I agree. I wasn't asking to somehow validate his presence or posts....Just was trying to keep track, along with the other insiders LaffyTaffy and Someguy. Please Garryb, if you are reading this, and it offended you with my initial post by it coming across wrong, I apologize and can delete the post.

Backwoods, I can tell you he visited Austin Regional Clinic on 6/18/12. Also, on 6/8/12, he visited OLOL. I can only speculate that these visits were for his cut tendon(s).

Austin Regional? I wonder why he went so far?

Wonder why he went to NO to toss the knife and gun.

The gun was probably not traceable to him since he legally cannot own a firearm, and knives don't have registrations, do they?

Why not just toss it closer to home or even with Mickey's bike? Maybe I wouldn't make a very good criminal, but I don't get why the long trip to NO.
Cause he's ijit...

IDK.. he kept the weapons in the event he got pulled over on the way down to NO disposed of them there once he thought he was free and clear?? becuase LE had his new fabricated story?
maybe
moo

I would hope that they had discussed this with her even if it was right before the hearing started so the info wouldn't be leaked to the public. I can't imagine finding out specific details of my child's death in a court room. Such a sad and horrible way to find out.

in the parent's interview at the court house they did say that LE had been speaking to them about this for several weeks. i do not know if that means that they gave them details or not though. i sure would hope so.

Except that there were two witnesses the day that Ali was abducted.. And from BSL's patterned behavior and other info that investigators have learned. It may not be difficult, to not only charge BSL, but also locate Ali's remains..

Imo, an experienced geographical profiler could narrow down the search locations in a New York minute... and TES is just down the road...

2 witnesses saw a white truck. one witness got a partial plate that had to have hypnosis to get part of the partial plate. This could be torn up and down in court. So if no body, no confession, and no further evidence, then IMO, they have next to nothing unfortunately. Just another of the thousands of white trucks. I hope that they do find Ali and if BSL had anything to do it I hope he admits to that as well, other wise Ali will be probable not be found just like Mickey more than likely would not have been found.

Thanks to GarryB it is what I suspected his confession is based on a lot of lies! The only truth in his confession is cause of death, and MS fought back. All the rest is spun to take any heat off of him for his prison stay.

GarryB, I would consider helping the bio half sister move to another area. While the letter he sent her is no threat outwardly..I did pick up he was threatening her. My gut...the part where he said "I forgive you" really hit me. Edit to add: His anger pattern also gives me this gut feeling. Just something to think about! Another lesson to all WS and guest who have been following this case. Never assume any story is "Fact" based on words alone. Verify, ask more questions.
Respectfully Lera, I got the impression that he was actually forgiving her for "ratting him out". I think he meant he didn't blame her, and I would like to think, although I know many others think otherwise, that a part of him regretted what his baser instincts led him to commit. That said, I'm glad Mighty Mick's bravery put him permanently behind bars to prevent him from ever again committing any other heinous acts.

garryb...

Thank you so much for your insight regarding your family member. Please tell her there are people who sympathize with her situation. There are many here I'm sure, me being one, who have also wanted to believe the that their relative is telling the truth to them.
I can't imagine the pain she is feeling at this time in her life but please let her know we pray for her healing too.

in the parent's interview at the court house they did say that LE had been speaking to them about this for several weeks. i do not know if that means that they gave them details or not though. i sure would hope so.

All of this is so horrifying - I have to think her parents knew ahead of time, but hearing it spoken in a court is probably reliving hearing it for the first time all over, so I'm not surprised that she gasped.

One other thing, and I don't want to comment on all the recent horrible details, because I don't want to remember her this way, is that don't think for a minute this excuse for a human being has any remorse. In his mind, not what he confessed to on paper, but in his mind, he was 'scared' or he 'defended himself' or whatever crazy justification he harbors, but remorse is not there. He got caught, and he would have another victim if he hadn't gotten caught. He HAD to confess to spare himself, not because he feels remorse. Let's not have our sane minds come up with sane rationale for an insane person. He 'forgives all of us' for forcing this confession on him. Hope that makes sense.

Let's remember Mickey for what she was, not for the physical presence we are learning about.

IMPondering: I don't know of anyone that went to the hearing

Backwoods: We have no knowledge of any hospital or doctors visits in Texas. I saw that rumor too, not sure where it came from.

Lera213: BSL wouldn't dare threaten any of my family. He has seen my gun cabinet and knows I am not afraid to use it.
Other question initials = BN

Whatsthatnoise: I am related to the Bio 1/2 sister. I am not easily offended, and you didn't do that this time either. The only time I was offended here was way back when people were insinuating the BSL was the product of McDuff and his bio mother being one of the rape victims, or even was a girlfriend that had conjugal visits. I answered that thread stating the BSL wasn't related to McDuff, and was told that I must not believe in Adam and Eve. On that statement alone, I was a little offended as it was both crude and unnecessary. Most of those posts I made there were deleted because I was not yet verified, but the info was just as true as everything else I have said.

OT: Gun laws are for law abiding citizens, they don't affect criminals. If I had my way, everyone would be required to own a weapon like in Switzerland. When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave