Brandon Scott Lavergne - New Evidence Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modnsip>

Found this on line journal which is signed Brandon Scott Lavergne. Is it our BSL???? Chilling handle <modsnip>.

"From KATC's Erin Steuber: While Lavergne served 8 years in jail for a sex crime he began writing a journal. She's been reading through his handwritten story. Entry, after entry, revealing some of his most intimate thoughts. She'll have more on that story tonight at 6."

https://www.facebook.com/katctv3

I just caught the last 30 seconds, probably. I haven't seen anything posted, though.

So he tried to have sexual relations with his sister? His 7+ months pregnant sister? Am I reading that correctly?

What the entire ****?

And held one of his female cousins down in a hotel an groped her!

<modsnip>

Found this on line journal which is signed Brandon Scott Lavergne. Is it our BSL???? Chilling handle <modsnip>.

Not him unless he had Internet access from prison.

Of course, my cousin just sent me a Facebook friend request.... From prison.

"From KATC's Erin Steuber: While Lavergne served 8 years in jail for a sex crime he began writing a journal. She's been reading through his handwritten story. Entry, after entry, revealing some of his most intimate thoughts. She'll have more on that story tonight at 6."

https://www.facebook.com/katctv3

I just caught the last 30 seconds, probably. I haven't seen anything posted, though.

Not much was said. Just that he witnessed his mother being abused by his father. He was also abused by him. He thought that was normal. He grew up hating women. His rage scared himself most of the time. He titled the abuse entry "Life Sentance" (sic)
I don't know how much I trust his journal entires to be true. He may have written them expecting them to be read and interpreted as an excuse for his evil ways.

I've said it before- I have sympathy for the boy that was a victim but none for the man who victimized women.

With the release of all of this information, I think I can now share my story. I previously posted my story, but quickly deleted it after I realized it may jeopardize incarcerating/convicting Brandon Lavergne.

But since he is behind bars for good, and Mickey has finally been found, I can't possibly jeopardize anything.

The day after Brandon Lavergne's arraignment, my best friend was visited by LE.
She was asked if she followed the Shunick case, and she replied she did. We had followed the case since day one. Brettly was a very close friend of mine in high school, one of my closest, and I think that is why i was so drawn to the case. My best friend attended high school with Mickey, although she never really met her. She is a grade above Mickey.

LE then went onto tell her if she saw who was arrested for the murder of Mickey, and she replied yes. I'm sure it was extremely obvious to them that she followed the case when they arrived though, because her car was plastered full of "Find Mickey" posters that we used to ride around with to get the word out.

Anyway, LE told her that in the search of BSL's home, something was found of hers that lead them straight to her at her address.
They would not tell her what that item(s) was.

But LE had a LIST of women whose things were found. They were going from place to place, making sure all of these women were okay.

To my best friends knowledge, she has never met BSL. Ever.

Although the first thing we both said as soon as he was arrested was "Man, he looks so familiar! Where have we seen him?"

Of course, she was sacred beyond belief.

This isn't a girl that goes out partying.
My best friend is like, one of the shyest people you will ever meet, and I am pretty much that way in person too.

We are together every single weekend, and our weekend consists of going to the movies, food places, and stores. Since we are both shy, there are no bars, clubs, none of that. Only small, quiet places with little to no people. Same routine every weekend, just us.

How BSL got something of hers... I will never know.

LE wouldn't tell her what they had. I'm assuming it could have interfered with the investigation of other womens things or something. But to this day, she still does not know what it is. Of course, it's eating her up.

LE told her to think back to where she might have seen BSL. Without knowing what was found, it's very hard for her to think of where it could've been.

She searched through her ID's and all. None of those were missing. So it was obviously something else. Whatever it was, it lead them straight to her, at her address.
She doesn't even live alone. She lives with family.

So I am telling you all of this because this man is insane.
He had a way of getting an item from one of the most insanely shy, nice, and quiet people you could ever meet.

He is obviously very stupid for his crimes, but very cunning as well.

The most familiar mug shot for both of us was the one in which BSL had facial hair.
I'm not sure if he regularly shaved or what, but I knew I'd seen him before in person. After we found out he had something of hers, that only sealed the deal.

I should also note, she does have social networking sites, but all of them are private. She doesn't add people she doesn't know. Her profiles are private.

Among the things found, she was told that paperwork of various women were found. I'm guessing that might be bills or other sorts of mail. My best friends mail box is post office box only, so he would not be able to obtain a letter from her mail box. But he obviously had other women's paperwork. To steal money? I wouldn't think so. He had access to other womens accounts, and we haven't heard anything about money stealing. Only bribery and anger.

So paperwork, women's ID's, women's clothing, and more things. It was a really long list of things he had of women.

This man is the true definition of a serial killer/stalker.
He was watching women without them knowing, and most likely knowing their usual routines.

I really can only guess/assume he didn't just keep womens items "just to do it." I think there was obviously more to it.
I don't know if the girls such as my best friend were his potential "targets" or some of them were previous "targets" or what.

Either way, he is behind bars where he belongs.
I'm pretty sure so much more is going to come out in this case.

There is only about one instance I could think of of where BSL might have obtained something of my friends. It's very hard to know whether the time was taken recently or a long time ago.

I can't wait to read what was obtained from BSL's computer.

Well, I'm glad my best friend is okay, and it shocked me so much when I was told of all of this, because I've been so close to the case.

I hope that the other women on that list were as "lucky" if you'd like to call it that, to be only potential "targets" and not a target that didn't get away.

<modsnip>

Not him unless he had Internet access from prison.

Right.

<modsnip>

...which had been discussed on the date of arrest, starting at or near this post: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8117935&postcount=621"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32[/ame]

Looks like a case of mistaken identity. Photos, etc. don't match up with the rapist/killer.

And on that note, I feel sorry for that poor guy. Roughly the same age, same first/middle/last, and a general description matching that of convicted rapist/serial murderer BS Lavergne.

Ocean- I didn't quote your post but wow!!! I'm glad your friend is okay. Maybe now that this information is being released she can call the DA and/or Chief Craft and demand an explanation for what led the police to her. They do not need to tell her what they have of others but I strongly believe she has every right to know what he had that was hers. Keeping that information from her is absolutely a threat to her safety! If she doesn't know, how can she make sure that whatever doesn't occur again??? Tell her to call again, please.

I am from Evangeline Parish originally and Brandon is around my age. My brother and lots of friends all say the same about him looking familiar. I am positive I have seen him in person somewhere as well.

I'm puzzled about one statement in the new reports.

http://www.theind.com/news/indreporter/11691-shunick-file-reveals-new-details-in-case

The implication is that BSL changed the password. This is completely new to me. I guess he hacked it through her cell phone, but why?

My guess would be that before things got out of hand (Mickeys face being on every local station within days of her abduction) BSL planned to login to her online accounts. Having the email allows to get the password for facebook.
I think this was because he planned to "talk" to the friends/family and act like "hey it's me, yes I'm okay, i needed some time away" and act as if she was a run away to buy him more time.

I think he just got rid of that idea when he realized the entire city of Lafayette was involved with this.

I do remember asking here at websleuths a long time ago, why Mickeys facebook was suddenly gone. I remember looking at it one day, and then it was gone a few days later. I wondered if LE shut it down after they noticed the email change, or if Brandon shut it down, for whatever reason. All you need is the email password to be able to access all facebook info/shut down your account.

That is just my guess.

Why did they blackout some of the info?! - (Rhetorical question)

Stutes already released a document showing where they obtained search warrants, didn't he? And a lot of people on the "cajun net" have already figured out a lot the names.

Ah, again in awe of the Mighty Mick! Her ability to single handily face, and bring down a monster many trembled in fear of....her strength will forever be something that I strive to achieve.

"Mr. Lavergne enjoyed bondage and role playing during sex and on occasions would request his wife to play out rape scenarios. Lavergne would slap her in the face and chest during sex. She recalled one occasion where Lavergne accused her of cheating on him, and as a punishment, Mr. Lavergne urinated in her mouth and made her ingest his urine."

Yeah... so... um, this guys mental health goes way below just being abused as a child.
This guy was going to turn out pretty insane it seems, abused or not.

^ That's absolutely disgusting. Something straight out of a twisted novel.

My guess would be that before things got out of hand (Mickeys face being on every local station within days of her abduction) BSL planned to login to her online accounts. Having the email allows to get the password for facebook.
I think this was because he planned to "talk" to the friends/family and act like "hey it's me, yes I'm okay, i needed some time away" and act as if she was a run away to buy him more time.

I think he just got rid of that idea when he realized the entire city of Lafayette was involved with this.

I do remember asking here at websleuths a long time ago, why Mickeys facebook was suddenly gone. I remember looking at it one day, and then it was gone a few days later. I wondered if LE shut it down after they noticed the email change, or if Brandon shut it down, for whatever reason. All you need is the email password to be able to access all facebook info/shut down your account.

That is just my guess.

I thought that we learned when Mickey first went missing that she didn't have a smart phone, just a regular cell phone. Can you check your email with a regular cell phone and that's how he got in to change her password? If not, I'm really confused about how he'd do this.
(please excuse my lack of knowledge on how different cell phones work. I have a smart phone and I swear it's smarter than I am)

If they arrest the half sister, and she makes a deal by telling all she knows, then and only then, would she be getting some sort of respite from alledged past abuse. If they
are leaving her out there to see who comes around or where she might go, then they are
perhaps endangering others including her, IMO only.

Ixchel, I have read and re-read your post...yet still fail to understand its meaning...so perhaps, I am not in accordance to reply. But...

I have long been in the thinkin of 'What'?...little crimes, big crimes...one and the same. Little ones lead to bigger ones. Yadda, yadda. I kinda sat back, and thought for a minute.

Knowledge of bio-sister's interviewed narrative...She first met him at 15 years of age. Visited him in 1999. Seven months pregnant, and he (ugh, just he) tried to have sex. Her son witnessed scratches on his (ugh, just his) back seat.

A thousand more scenarios must have filled in the spaces of time from her 1st meeting til those days of May 30th?, 2012 or so. The fear, the abuse, the laying upon eyes of a tormentor. I'm certain she faced many days of anguish concerning step-brother.

So...I'm willing to cut her slack...in her cooperation with LE, as a blindfold was lifted to a reality of step-bro's true dealings. Justification in truth, is a biggie. I pray she, and her family, are comforted in respite...that his 'a' sits in 'A'.

I thought that we learned when Mickey first went missing that she didn't have a smart phone, just a regular cell phone. Can you check your email with a regular cell phone and that's how he got in to change her password? If not, I'm really confused about how he'd do this.
(please excuse my lack of knowledge on how different cell phones work. I have a smart phone and I swear it's smarter than I am)

BBM

I remember having the Razor (ooohhh :floorlaugh:) and yeah you could check your email even back then.

Yes, you can.
I was able to check my email via my phone and it wasn't a smart phone.
Of course, it's a very crappy way of checking your email, and it is hard to see.
But I would assume that's how he got it.

But I also wondered how knowledgeable he was with computers.
This could be how he could personal info of many women, through hacking.

With the release of all of this information, I think I can now share my story. I previously posted my story, but quickly deleted it after I realized it may jeopardize incarcerating/convicting Brandon Lavergne.

But since he is behind bars for good, and Mickey has finally been found, I can't possibly jeopardize anything.

The day after Brandon Lavergne's arraignment, my best friend was visited by LE.
She was asked if she followed the Shunick case, and she replied she did. We had followed the case since day one. Brettly was a very close friend of mine in high school, one of my closest, and I think that is why i was so drawn to the case. My best friend attended high school with Mickey, although she never really met her. She is a grade above Mickey.

LE then went onto tell her if she saw who was arrested for the murder of Mickey, and she replied yes. I'm sure it was extremely obvious to them that she followed the case when they arrived though, because her car was plastered full of "Find Mickey" posters that we used to ride around with to get the word out.

Anyway, LE told her that in the search of BSL's home, something was found of hers that lead them straight to her at her address.
They would not tell her what that item(s) was.

But LE had a LIST of women whose things were found. They were going from place to place, making sure all of these women were okay.

To my best friends knowledge, she has never met BSL. Ever.

Although the first thing we both said as soon as he was arrested was "Man, he looks so familiar! Where have we seen him?"

Of course, she was sacred beyond belief.

This isn't a girl that goes out partying.
My best friend is like, one of the shyest people you will ever meet, and I am pretty much that way in person too.

We are together every single weekend, and our weekend consists of going to the movies, food places, and stores. Since we are both shy, there are no bars, clubs, none of that. Only small, quiet places with little to no people. Same routine every weekend, just us.

How BSL got something of hers... I will never know.

LE wouldn't tell her what they had. I'm assuming it could have interfered with the investigation of other womens things or something. But to this day, she still does not know what it is. Of course, it's eating her up.

LE told her to think back to where she might have seen BSL. Without knowing what was found, it's very hard for her to think of where it could've been.

She searched through her ID's and all. None of those were missing. So it was obviously something else. Whatever it was, it lead them straight to her, at her address.
She doesn't even live alone. She lives with family.

So I am telling you all of this because this man is insane.
He had a way of getting an item from one of the most insanely shy, nice, and quiet people you could ever meet.

He is obviously very stupid for his crimes, but very cunning as well.

The most familiar mug shot for both of us was the one in which BSL had facial hair.
I'm not sure if he regularly shaved or what, but I knew I'd seen him before in person. After we found out he had something of hers, that only sealed the deal.

I should also note, she does have social networking sites, but all of them are private. She doesn't add people she doesn't know. Her profiles are private.

Among the things found, she was told that paperwork of various women were found. I'm guessing that might be bills or other sorts of mail. My best friends mail box is post office box only, so he would not be able to obtain a letter from her mail box. But he obviously had other women's paperwork. To steal money? I wouldn't think so. He had access to other womens accounts, and we haven't heard anything about money stealing. Only bribery and anger.

So paperwork, women's ID's, women's clothing, and more things. It was a really long list of things he had of women.

This man is the true definition of a serial killer/stalker.
He was watching women without them knowing, and most likely knowing their usual routines.

I really can only guess/assume he didn't just keep womens items "just to do it." I think there was obviously more to it.
I don't know if the girls such as my best friend were his potential "targets" or some of them were previous "targets" or what.

Either way, he is behind bars where he belongs.
I'm pretty sure so much more is going to come out in this case.

There is only about one instance I could think of of where BSL might have obtained something of my friends. It's very hard to know whether the time was taken recently or a long time ago.

I can't wait to read what was obtained from BSL's computer.

Well, I'm glad my best friend is okay, and it shocked me so much when I was told of all of this, because I've been so close to the case.

I hope that the other women on that list were as "lucky" if you'd like to call it that, to be only potential "targets" and not a target that didn't get away.

Wow, that's so scary! I'm so glad your friend is ok. All the new info released has left me speechless and even more disgusted then I already was by him. BSL is pure evil. Mickeys friends and family, I can't even begin to imagine how hearing all this makes them feel. I think about and pray for them everyday still. Mickey is a true hero, if it wasnt for her brave fight he would still be on the streets. Reading today, I got really emotional again as I have through out the past few months. Although I have never met Mickey she has really touched my heart. I never knew I could feel such strong emotions for those I haven't met. I find it comforting that there are people in the world who love and care the way the shunicks, mickeys friends, the community of lafayette, those here on WS and all the others who cared about mickey, prayed for and helped to bring her home.

I am wondering how much of this info is new to Brandon's family and his fiancé? It's crazy that he led such a double life. I wonder how they are dealing with all of this, it must be hard knowing someone you call family can do such horrible things. It's really sad how many lives he has so negatively imapacted and destroyed.

Well at least the whole DWT image mystery is now solved...

I read through the PDF today, so mickey was beside the truck? I'm sorry to bring it up, I'm just a little confused. I think my brain had partially shut down today with everything I read and all the emotions I was feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46