Brandon Scott Lavergne -- Post Conviction

Lavergne files federal suits against dozens following conviction

http://www.katc.com/mobile/news/lavergne-files-federal-suits-against-dozens-following-conviction/
A brief synopsis of the 22 filings. It tends to read rather comical.
This truly caught my eye...as if in confirmation of others...
He specifies the IDs that were found which he says shouldn't have been taken, had no connection to the Mickey Shunick case, and were not in plain sight during the search of his home

A lotta time on this boy's hands...working a shovel in the fields, under the Angola sun...might callus his hands enough to not trouble the people with this crapola.

I know that criminal defendants are offered assistance when they can't afford lawyers, experts and help on appeals if they quality. I certainly hope Louisiana and the federal government don't offer this kind of assistance. I don't know the filing fees there, but they are over $100 where I am and that would be well over $1,000 in filing fees alone for over a dozen lawsuits. I so hope he isn't being given assistance with the costs of these filings. I also think that this is a prime example of the type of judicial reform that is needed. Concerns shouldn't always be about capping damages, because usually large verdict awards involve cases where people have truly been disabled for life and are pretty rare. Personally, I'm sure there are flaws with it, but some sort of loser pays system needs to be put in place. In other words, make BSL post a bond that will cover the defendant's legal fees if he loses. That would prevent the BS lawsuits. Then, if he really thinks he has a legitimate injuwry and was legitimately due to someone else's actions, he would post the bond with no concern because he wouldn't lose and the other side would have to pay his fees. Until then, expect more BS lawsuits and motions. The guy sits in his cell thinking about how everyone has wronged him and he's a victim of society and the filings won't stop.
He probably had a savings account that his Mom has access too. He's probably using money he had saved.Jmo!

Lavergne files federal suits against dozens following conviction

http://www.katc.com/mobile/news/lavergne-files-federal-suits-against-dozens-following-conviction/
A brief synopsis of the 22 filings. It tends to read rather comical.
This truly caught my eye...as if in confirmation of others...

A lotta time on this boy's hands...working a shovel in the fields, under the Angola sun...might callus his hands enough to not trouble the people with this crapola.

When LE gets a search warrant for your house they don't pick and choose what they take if its suspicious. Lol again, what an idiot. And what a serious, absolute creeper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I reading this wrong or is it a typo/bad reporting? This paragraph sounds like they are saying his confessed to Ali's disappearance, as far as I knew that's not true?

5) Filed on 6/24/2013: Lavergne is seeking punitive damages against a private investigator for alleged libel and slander. He says the investigator told others that he believed Lavergne was responsible for Ali Lowitzer's disappearance from Spring, Texas. Lavergne says he never owned a white 2010 full size truck that was the alleged evidence that connected him to the crime; he said he had a green truck in 2010. Because of these reports, Lavergne said he was convinced he couldn't get a fair trial and he had no choice but to plead guilty. (6:13-cv-02123)

Am I reading this wrong or is it a typo/bad reporting? This paragraph sounds like they are saying his confessed to Ali's disappearance, as far as I knew that's not true?

5) Filed on 6/24/2013: Lavergne is seeking punitive damages against a private investigator for alleged libel and slander. He says the investigator told others that he believed Lavergne was responsible for Ali Lowitzer's disappearance from Spring, Texas. Lavergne says he never owned a white 2010 full size truck that was the alleged evidence that connected him to the crime; he said he had a green truck in 2010. Because of these reports, Lavergne said he was convinced he couldn't get a fair trial and he had no choice but to plead guilty. (6:13-cv-02123)

I think he's arguing it's another reason why he was convinced he "had" to plead guilty to killing Mickey.

It's all BS but it's costing people time and money having to even respond.:banghead:

On second thought, maybe this can all be turned right around on BSL. 22 separate lawsuits. 22 separate opportunities to question him. Obviously he's going to lie his arse off in the depositions, but maybe somewhere in there additional information can be gleaned about other cases. They are HIS lawsuits, so I don't see how he can avoid answering questions by pleading the 5th. If they had the means to do it, I would actually like to see BSL questioned for hours on 22 separate occasions to see what can be learned. Maybe some good lawyers could donate a few hours of their time for the named "defendants" and see what can come of it. I'm shocked if the media outlets that were named wouldn't try to take advantage of the situation if for no other reason than it gives them a 1 on 1 with BSL, using their attorney as a proxy. They can always ask for dismissals down the road.

Now, word needs to get out that someone in the neighborhood saw a GREEN truck ..... and it was found that the driver of the white truck was questioned and found to not be a POI. We could watch him squirm his way out of this one, LOL.

Honest and truly, I hope to God his story is true and he had nothing to do with Ali; the thought of him being anywhere near her ... :scared:

On second thought, maybe this can all be turned right around on BSL. 22 separate lawsuits. 22 separate opportunities to question him. Obviously he's going to lie his arse off in the depositions, but maybe somewhere in there additional information can be gleaned about other cases. They are HIS lawsuits, so I don't see how he can avoid answering questions by pleading the 5th. If they had the means to do it, I would actually like to see BSL questioned for hours on 22 separate occasions to see what can be learned. Maybe some good lawyers could donate a few hours of their time for the named "defendants" and see what can come of it. I'm shocked if the media outlets that were named wouldn't try to take advantage of the situation if for no other reason than it gives them a 1 on 1 with BSL, using their attorney as a proxy. They can always ask for dismissals down the road.

I am hoping that you're right and some of the lawsuits can cause him to have to answer some questions. I'd especially like to see him deposed by lawyers for the PI investigating Ali's disappearance that he is suing and have him be compelled to talk about the day Ali went missing, his connection to the area, etc. Yeah, I know he'd lie but sometimes within lies there are pieces of truth that might be able to be put together to find Ali (if he indeed had anything to do with her going missing).

Man, this guy. Just when I think he's rotting in his cell, something else about him and how he is suffering surfaces.

Obviously he doesn't realize that no one cares if HE is suffering.
It's moronic how he keeps mentioning Mickey as an "accident that no one believes" all while it seems his brain completely forgets Lisa Pate, and how she had been gone for over a decade and his guilt surely didn't make him lose any sleep.

SLEEZE BALL.

" Lavergne says he never owned a white 2010 full size truck that was the alleged evidence that connected him to the crime; he said he had a green truck in 2010."

Don't know who the girl is that was defending him via another site, but apparently she knew this fact, as well as his story of "what happened to Mickey" before his confession was ever aired on tv. Obviously, he was telling the girl all of this information before it was made public.It seems a bit odd that he was so close to another woman that wasn't his fiance, and he'd be telling her all these things.

He seemed to think he was some kind of God for women, and from his stories, like to juggle multiple women under his hands.

Number 17- seeking damages against the hairdresser because she said he asked her on a date and that's why his girlfriend left him. Erm no that was because you are a murdering . And number 18- obviously his fiancé's father is going to let him carry on planning the wedding...he's not going to say- hey don't bother making plans...you're going to be arrested! :doh:

If this wasn't costing people time and money it would be funny

laura83, I couldnt help but laugh at your post hahahha.
It really puts it into perspective... How stupid he is I mean.

I mean, does he really think that his girl friend left him due to that rather than the fact that he's a rapist and a murderer?

I just have to sit and wonder what goes on in that head of his or any other weirdos like him.

Guess, the joke is the judicial system that allows this confessed serial killer to play them like a fiddle.. Shouldn't BS Lavergne be hoeing and weeding the Angola Prison garden all day rather than filing frivolous lawsuits against everyone and their brother?

What a farce our Justice System has become, imo...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHdXQAQHjd8"]Alabama - Song Of The South - YouTube[/ame]

Just FYI...

http://theadvocate.com/news/6842244-123/judge-dismisses-lavergnes-suit-against
Judge dismisses Lavergne’s suit against newspaper
A judge has dismissed a federal lawsuit filed against The Advocate by convicted killer Brandon Scott Lavergne.
U.S. District Judge James Brady dismissed Lavergne’s lawsuit against the Advocate on Aug. 15 on the grounds Lavergne, who is representing himself, did not submit his legal claim on the proper form.

The judge dismissed the lawsuit without prejudice, meaning Lavergne can refile it in the future.

Poor BS Lavergne seems to he having a rough go at it with the court system: http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20130904/NEWS01/309040026/Brandon-Lavergne-denied-new-trial
A lil glory moment in a day...to read that our justice system can be just. For Mickey. For Lisa.

OT...I'd like to get close enough to this boy...to slap his *advertiser censored** sensless into the realizations of his crimes. It wouldn't be pretty. Then...when I'm done...slap him down the road of salvation.
Catch 22, :), I know.

I'd just like for him to be in general population, particularly around a lot of inmates from Acadiana...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back