Brangelina DOES NOT adopt pit bull puppy!

Umm, I care about my son above all else and I have a Pit and a Rott. They've both undergone extensive socialization and have had their personalities tested. My parents also did this with a Golden Retrieiver I had as a child. Some people simply don't agree with your assessment of the breed. I find that statement offensive personally. There's been plenty of reports stating a "Pit Bull" attacked when in reality it wasn't a Pit Bull at all.

Agreed, I care about my children above all also and feel very offended by being called irresponsible for owning a pit bull.

I don't mean to offend you, I just can't understand the choice/taking the chance. All dogs need to be socialized but if my assessment of the breed is so off, why would you have to put your Pit and Rott through "extensive" socialization and personality testing? Why do dog-fighters choose these breeds?

If my poodle's personality was tested I know he would come out prone to separation anxiety, among other things. He's an open book, I don't need to have him tested. He also couldn't destroy someone's face, or worse, even if he did snap. Also whenever he acts irritable or growly I tell him to stop and banish him to underneath the table. He is so eager to please, he minds me. A Poodle trait: wants to please the master.

I am sure you are a responsible dog owner, so I am curious, why did you choose these breeds?

Eve

Just wanted to answer this, they choose them because their jaws are so strong and contrary to belief they do not lock. Rots actually have a stronger bite more pressure than a pit but the pit can hold on because they are lighter than a Rot. My vet said their muscles start at the top of their head while other dogs start in the jaw itself. The thing is, if a poodle bites you there may be minimal damage even though poodles might bite more than pits but if a pit or a Rot bites you, you could potentially be killed.

I don't like pitbulls -- I would never own one. However, if that's the kind of dog Brangelina wants--hey, who am I to tell them they can't have one?
As long as they are responsible owners like imthemom (I would NEVER imply you were irresponsible) I have no problem with it. Just keep the dog away from me! ;)

I don't mean to offend you, I just can't understand the choice/taking the chance. All dogs need to be socialized but if my assessment of the breed is so off, why would you have to put your Pit and Rott through "extensive" socialization and personality testing? Why do dog-fighters choose these breeds?

If my poodle's personality was tested I know he would come out prone to separation anxiety, among other things. He's an open book, I don't need to have him tested. He also couldn't destroy someone's face, or worse, even if he did snap. Also whenever he acts irritable or growly I tell him to stop and banish him to underneath the table. He is so eager to please, he minds me. A Poodle trait: wants to please the master.

I am sure you are a responsible dog owner, so I am curious, why did you choose these breeds?

Eve

Eve, that's also the #1 trait in a Bully. As for choosing the breed, I didn't. My husband had one when we started dating and she changed my mind about the breed. I didn't know even know what kind of dog she was until he told me. She was a HUGE sweetheart and would do anything to please. We had her for 16 years and I had some reservations about getting a second one but we did and haven't had a regret. I see so many ads for them in the paper from "Breeders" and it just makes me cringe. A correctly bred and raised Pit can be the smartest, most loving dog you'd ever hope to see. It's just too bad that so many people see them as a dog to have chained to a tree in the front yard for deterent purposes. Mine would die of a broken heart if we did something like that to him.
As for the part about putting them both through the personality and training, it came with the puppy school they went to held through the humane society. They both passed with flying colors. The personality test was required for the puppy-3 year old training classes for all breeds of dogs since it was such an open forum and some of the classes required the dogs to be off leash to handle commands around distractions (People with other dogs that were loose)
I kept both in training classes for years since they're both considered "working" breed dogs and basically they need a job or can be very destructive around the house if they get bored. One of my couch legs can attest to that. LOL

Agreed, I care about my children above all also and feel very offended by being called irresponsible for owning a pit bull.

If you're offended by others' opinions, you can always make the choice to stop reading this thread.

Ther would be NOTHING to fuel if these dogs didnt kill people.
Dogs bite, some snap, these will and can kill.
Brad and Ang are nuts to have this around their kids, good luck on the publicity if anything happens. geesh such idiots. They hve the one kid in a French only speaking toney Private school, bought a place in N.O. (hardly conducive place for raising kids) I have no espect for these 2. Oh ya nd with all these kids, when are they going to ever get married. lol:crazy:

? Turns out our reporting was a little, er, ruff around the edges. *arf*

Brad's rep tells TMZ that little Lennie actually belongs to the actor's longtime make-up artist, who has been taking the pup to Brad's hotel suite to make him purdier -- which explains why dog and man (and brood) have been constantly spotted together.

We take it all bark.

www.tmz.com

Ther would be NOTHING to fuel if these dogs didnt kill people.
Dogs bite, some snap, these will and can kill.
Brad and Ang are nuts to have this around their kids, good luck on the publicity if anything happens. geesh such idiots. They hve the one kid in a French only speaking toney Private school, bought a place in N.O. (hardly conducive place for raising kids) I have no espect for these 2. Oh ya nd with all these kids, when are they going to ever get married. lol:crazy:

There's several types of dogs that can and have snapped and killed people. It seems to go in course, dobermans, rotts, german shepherds, presa canarios (sp), mastiffs etc.
And personally I think some celebs have a lot more things going on that are more toxic to their children than what type of dog they have. LOL
Was it Brad and Angelina that said they'd get married when everyone could get married? Ie: same sex marriages?

It was indeed Brad and Angelina who said they would get married when everyone could do the same. Whatever ,makes no difference to me, BUT what does that say about Brad's marriage to Jennifer???
Hollyweird, go figure.
I personally don't have a problem with them adopting children, however what about all the kids here, in the United States, that would love to have a home and caring parents??

It was indeed Brad and Angelina who said they would get married when everyone could do the same. Whatever ,makes no difference to me, BUT what does that say about Brad's marriage to Jennifer???
Hollyweird, go figure.
I personally don't have a problem with them adopting children, however what about all the kids here, in the United States, that would love to have a home and caring parents??

Exactly! We have a program on our local news on Weds and Sat called Wednesday's Child. It'll just about break your heart.
I don't think celebs should bother with marraige, it would save them a lot on divorce and settlements a year or so later. LOL

I think you're stretching my meaning a teensy bit. I said "Who would get a pit if they cared about their kids above all else?" THEN I said, "Why take a chance?" which is the crux of my question! I just can't figure out why the risk would be worth it. I am well aware it's not just pits, my brother had a chow and the dog was an absoloute sweetheart until they had a child. Then it started acting aggressive with everyone. He got rid of it before it bit anyone. He had argued w/ my dad (a vet who said chows can become aggressive) for years that HIS chow could never be aggressive.

I'm glad all you pit owners are responsible. I KNOW you love your kids and I'm sorry I've offended anyone with my dogmatic (ouch:blushing: ) views on dog breeds. I still won't be walking by your yard or sending my kids to visit anytime soon. I trust you, but I don't trust pits.

I'm glad to hear Brangelina really didn't adopt a pit bull puppy, too.

Eve

Exactly! We have a program on our local news on Weds and Sat called Wednesday's Child. It'll just about break your heart.
I don't think celebs should bother with marraige, it would save them a lot on divorce and settlements a year or so later. LOL

We have same program here on Weds, its heartbreaking. Why do they choose to ignore the ones HERE? They are older kids but they still would love to have a home and family:(

More likely we will find another topic to freak about!! :angel:

No kidding! Talk about mood shifts for me, Normally I love what they do for others and wish others could follow suit here in the U.S., then I went to ticked off for adopting the pitt then Im left flustered and thankful when I finally caught up to the end of the thread. Geez you would think I was pmsing :p

I've never had the desire to have any animal that could possibly kill or severely injure me or my children. I know all dogs can bite...so if I had one, I'd get one that if it did bite...my arm would still be attached.

I've just read too many stories about people being killed by this breed to want one (or rotweillers or pit bulls). But that's just me. I like my fluffy cats. My biggest problem with them is them hacking up furballs. You never know when you're going to step on one and have it smoosh between your toes.

......I hope she doesn't end up having to tangle with it, it will probably outweigh her in no time.

Eve
I don't know if you meant for your post to be funny but you made me laugh and wake up my dog. :D
Soon the dog will weigh more than Angie. bawaaaa gotta love that comment.

Whew thank goodness this was a fabricated story to begin with! I know Brangelina has a huge interest in the under-dog (in all walks of life) but having that many little kids (& wanting to have more) I find getting a pit to be extremely irresponsibile!! I have no problems with whatever anyone wants to do in their life but don't put your children at risk. IMO

If you're offended by others' opinions, you can always make the choice to stop reading this thread.

why it it ok for pit bull haters to tell others they are irresponsible and get no timeout warning, but the rest of us who support dogs in general are told to read elsewhere if we don't like it! :slap:
Sounds like a double standard to me. :rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back