BREAKING Capitol police: US Capitol in lockdown, reports of gunshots, injured officer

I've read reporters saying there were two adults in the vehicle, man & woman with a one year old child.

The news is all over the place right now.

Terrance Gainer, the Senate sergeant at arms, told Fox News that this appears to be an "isolated incident." Gainer also said the officer injured crashed a police cruiser while trying to join the chase. The cruiser "seriously clipped" a barricade, he said, but the injuries are "not life threatening."

From the Fox News link

Terrance Gainer, the Senate sergeant at arms, told Fox News that this appears to be an "isolated incident." Gainer also said the officer injured crashed a police cruiser while trying to join the chase. The cruiser "seriously clipped" a barricade, he said, but the injuries are "not life threatening."

From the Fox News link

:lol: Well if that is what a car looks like after "clipping a barricade" then, I'd hate to see a car that was in serious accident!

I read that the barricade was one of those bollard things - they rise up from street level when triggered by LE to block access.

Task force being convened. No shots from black vehicle. All shots from law enforcement.

:lol: Well if that is what a car looks like after "clipping a barricade" then, I'd hate to see a car that was in serious accident!

I wondered if the jaws of life were used to get the officer out.

CNN reporting she did hit the cop car:

When the vehicle approached the area of the Capitol building more than a mile away, officers opened fire at some point, the source said.

The black vehicle crashed into a police car and then into security barriers near the Capitol building, said police and witnesses.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/03/politics/u-s-capitol-shooting-main/index.html

I have to believe she hit that car on the Fox site. That car is totaled. I'm less inclined to think that car just clipped a barricade. :twocents:

Fox news said "Suspect is dead" as the result of LE shooting. All the windows were blown out of suspects car.

I read that the barricade was one of those bollard things - they rise up from street level when triggered by LE to block access.
To continue with this, what I read (all via tweets so who knows) was that the cops were engaged in the high speed chase (one report said up to 80 mph - sounds a bit high I think) and the series of bollards suddenly rose up and the car clipped one. Wow. Can you imagine? A sixteen-block chase (another thing that sounded a bit high), you're clipping along on a city street, and holy crow, a bollard's coming out of the pavement at you? Man, I wouldn't be a cop for all the tea in China (as we used to say). Those are some gutsy whammajammas. My hat's off to them. Thanks, you people.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back