Breaking News 8/28

Buzzm1 said:
Winter's coming; it will be a good time for John Mark Karr to be tried and sentenced in Petaluma, or wherever the county court is. If he is put in the general population he may have a rough time.
It depends upon what the sentence is that he's given. Each offense is only punishable by jail up to one year; he could get concurrent or consecutive depending on the judge. Worst nightmare is that we'd have to see the "twins" (Harmon/VanZant) again.
:banghead:

Buzzm1 said:
Winter's coming; it will be a good time for John Mark Karr to be tried and sentenced in Petaluma, or wherever the county court is. If he is put in the general population he may have a rough time.

Buzz, I would wait for Lacy to personally say no charges will be filed and Karr is but a stalker.

panthera said:
And what if ~ what if some day ~ they actually find the real killer and can't get a conviction because of their track record??
:eek:
The evidence will successfully convict the actual killer. I was hoping that the BPD would actually gain information on the real killer during this episode. The real killer was probably incensed that someone else was attempting to take credit for his crime, and may have been in a chat room, or on an internet forum.

netsleuth said:
I think there is now a felony charge in CA for fleeing.
Oh, I didn't know that. He could end up being their guest for a while then.

Wudge said:
Buzz, I would wait for Lacy to personally say no charges will be filed and Karr is but a stalker.
I am waiting Wudge, patiently waiting. Whatever was in that affidavit must not have been worth the paper it was printed on. Maybe now, we will have a chance to find out what was in it. I wonder if the DA/BPD have discovered anything about Michael Tracey/and the ex-BPD investigator, being involved in possibly providing JMK with enough information to have him considered as a suspect in this case?? It all seems rather suspect to me.

Peter Hamilton said:
desert,John Karr knows nothing--it was all media hype or Lacy hype

Yup, I agree :rolleyes: :crazy:

Can you imagine being one of the young Karr kids in Petaluma, and having your father coming back to town. Those poor kids, as if they haven't been suffering enough.

Buzzm1 said:
The evidence will successfully convict the actual killer. I was hoping that the BPD would actually gain information on the real killer during this episode. The real killer was probably incensed that someone else was attempting to take credit for his crime, and may have been in a chat room, or on an internet forum.

If charges are not filed, then the material contained in the affidavit would likley be false or fallacious or not very probabtive or just plain not worth anything. So if Mary Lacy ends up saying no charges will be filed, let's see what the affidavit was all about.

hey,Wudge--looks like you are wrong again,just like with the Peterson case----you wanna show your posts again that show that Karr wrote the ransom note:):):)

Buzzm1 said:
I am waiting Wudge, patiently waiting. Whatever was in that affidavit must not have been worth the paper it was printed on. Maybe now, we will have a chance to find out what was in it. I wonder if the DA/BPD have discovered anything about Michael Tracey/and the ex-BPD investigator, being involved in possibly providing JMK with enough information to have him considered as a suspect in this case?? It all seems rather suspect to me.

Karr certainly came packing the "right stuff", a definite prime candidate and may still be.

To me, Tracey issues were more likely to be red herring than anything else. However, if Karr is not charged and Tracey falsely led investigators astray, I would expect that story to come out.

Wudge said:
Karr certainly came packing the "right stuff", a definite prime candidate and may still be.

To me, Tracey issues were more likely to be red herring than anything else. However, if Karr is not charged and Tracey falsely led investigators astray, I would expect that story to come out.
Would you also expect some sort of charges against Tracey?

I'm ready to admit the handwriting similarities were just a coincidence. There has got to be hard evidence and I guess there isn't. We were going by promises that they had hard evidence that was not released. Well - at least now I don't feel so bad about thinking how much he looked like Nik Kershaw in a photo in the Enquirer, heavy makeup, leaning on his red Delorean, dressed all in white - a total time capsule of the early 80s...and what a normal father he looked like in that picture from 2000 with his boys ... maybe he is simply a sensitive psychic who gets vibes from dead girls and takes the blame for the killer... Wouldn't it be nice if he turned out to just be in need of help, never really did anything hurtful...and will get that help now. The murder was unsolved before, now it goes back to unsolved again but this unusual case of a false confession will continue to be analyzed for some time.

The other side of it is that people like Tracey, Lacy, and the police informant Hutchens all look like idiots now, who jumped the gun and were just as quick to prejudge as Linda Arndt was about John Ramsey...I am also guilty for judging on the hearsay and junk that the media fed us since Aug. 16.

Peter Hamilton said:
hey,Wudge--looks like you are wrong again,just like with the Peterson case----you wanna show your posts again that show that Karr wrote the ransom note:):):)

I always held Karr to be presumed innocent, but I think Karr's handwriting has unique characteristsics found in the ransom note. However, if they are not enough, they are not enough and Karr should be sent back to California.

Tracey is an idiot, he was always and idiot and will remain an idiot.
Gave some happiness to Hir while it lasted tho'.

I've watched, listened and tried to learn; it's over with JMK. Glad he's off the streets, but still no justice for JBR.

What happens next? Is this case doomed to the cold case files?

Wonder if he will fight extradition to CA? Think CA wants to pay to transport him back?

Pedro said:
Tracey is an idiot, he was always and idiot and will remain an idiot.
Gave some happiness to Hir while it lasted tho'.
The ironic thing is that jameson never was that interested in Karr as a suspect. She wasn't convinced. Guess she is a lot more savvy than I was...I jumped the gun thinking this must be the one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back