BREAKING NEWS: New DNA Analysis Suggests Family Should NOT Have Been Cleared

Discussion in 'JonBenet Ramsey' started by Disgusted, Oct 29, 2016.

1. kanzz

kanzz kanzz=kansas

You rock, BoldBear! Thanks so much for this report. I'm sure it was disappointing that Charlie Brennan couldn't be there; and I'll bet he was disappointed, too. I hope you enjoyed your visit back to the Denver Press Club.

2. questfortrue

questfortrue Active Member

RBBM

BB: I've seen it argued here on WS many times that laundering clothing removes DNA. It might wash away many cells, but it doesn't remove them all

Thanks, BoldBear, this is an interesting side-note. Thank you for going to that presentation.

Since I don’t know the context of Vaughan’s comment, I believe it’s important to look at this DNA and the laundry subject a little more closely.

After the interviewers reviewed Patsy’s explanation about the blanket and the manner in which JonBenĂ©t’s bed was made, it was decided that most likely the blanket came from the dryer. For IDI then, the aspect of the ‘undoing’ is diminished as the nightgown must have been washed and dried with the blanket and arrived by statically clinging to the blanket. No Intruder will know that it was JB’s favorite nightgown. And the very forensically savvy Intruder wore gloves when he removed these items from the dryer.

Kolar states, the presence of tDNA on the nightgown is not relevant to the crime since the family all lived together.

So the argument reverts to whether an Intruder inadvertently removed the nightgown, and it so happened that BR’s and Patsy’s tDNA survived the washing and drying.

With semen, it is absolutely true that multiple washing may not destroy DNA. A study once demonstrated that complete DNA profiles can be obtained from laundered clothing, and DNA from semen stains have been found even with a lag time of months between semen deposition and laundering.

My understanding is that it’s similarly true with blood DNA, unless the laundress uses bleach which would tend to destroy the DNA.

So returning to the discussion on the tDNA. From a study published in 2015 research shows that DNA from blood and semen, on both donor and acceptor material, can be detected regardless of washing method – hand or machine washing. The DNA tests are becoming more and more sensitive. It’s different for skin cell DNA or touch DNA. After washing by hand, only little residual tDNA was found. After machine washing, no reliable tDNA could be verified.

“No reliable tDNA” are the key words here.

So much of the case for an Intruder is on a continuum of probabilities. Is it possible for tDNA to be retained in the wash? Guess so. Is it probable or likely a full allele profile of tDNA can be obtained? That is clearly negated in the studies of this. For me, the unambiguous identification of Patsy’s and BR’s tDNA on the nightie seems to argue against reliable tDNA being retained from the laundry, and this nightgown arriving in the wc by coincidence. Does it mean PR and BR were at the crime scene? Not necessarily.

I found JR’s response to the nightgown very interesting. From his ’98 interview:
    JOHN RAMSEY: I had never seen
    11 that. I didn't see it when he was down this.

12 Sounds very bizarre. I don't know why that
    13 would be there. I mean that room was usually
    14 full of Christmas stuff. It's a nasty room.
    15 Just you didn't go in there.
    16 MIKE KANE: Could have been brought
    17 down in a blanket?
    18 JOHN RAMSEY: I suppose, I don't
    19 know. I didn't see it at all. As part of the
    20 blanket or anything.
    21 MIKE KANE: You don't remember it
    22 being there or anywhere?
    23 JOHN RAMSEY: Not at all.

“JOHN RAMSEY: I had never seen
    11 that. I didn't see it when he was down this.”
    – Must be a transcription error, unless the 'he' JR is referencing is the Intruder or BR.

3. PositiveLight

PositiveLight Active Member

Hugeee hugs to you! I'm so sorry for your loss! Isn't it odd how weird things trigger such amazing memories? Don't be sad. What you described sounds like a beautiful memory! When we remember our loved ones they are with us. 💜

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

4. DrollForeignFaction

DrollForeignFaction Active Member

Here's a video featuring the CEO of Bode labs talking about the test results in 2008 and coming to the same conclusions Mary Lacy did. I found it very interesting. It was almost like an infomercial for touch DNA.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XheR6IOg8VU

So did this CEO not understand his own lab's results or what? His conclusions are very different from what experts came up with 8 years later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. BBB167893

BBB167893 Former Member

He's the front-office man. Probably never read a lab report in his life.

6. CoreyRocks

CoreyRocks Well-Known Member

7. BBB167893

BBB167893 Former Member

8. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

Glad to hear they're doing more DNA testing. Also have to admit this is the first I've heard about the "butt print" in the carpet. I wonder if there's a photograph of that.

9. Ambitioned

Ambitioned Active Member

Tortoise posted screenies in the other thread. no butt print :)

[​IMG]

10. andreww

andreww Former Member

The most disturbing part of that story is this paragraph...

And the Camera and 9NEWs found that Lacy was told of the results' ambiguities before she issued her controversial letter on July 9, 2008, clearing JonBenet's parents, John and Patsy, and her brother Burke of any suspicion in her murder.

Why do we keep seeing deliberate efforts from the DAs office to mislead the public and to avoid seeking justice for JBR???

11. Userid

Userid Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was trying to see where she could have possibly seen that, and I still can't find it -- there is no way she could have seen it on the area rug on the wooden floor.

12. 8paws

8paws Member

What's a hair wrap?

13. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

She definitely looked like a normal six year old girl, that is except for the times her mother chose to make her into miniature beauty queen Patsy. JMO

14. 8paws

8paws Member

15. DrollForeignFaction

DrollForeignFaction Active Member

Wow, thanks. I guess this juror speaking out with either make or break the "grand jury thought BDI" theory.

16. 8paws

8paws Member

That's what I think too. I am so excited to finally hear from a juror!

17. Ambitioned

Ambitioned Active Member

Me too!!! :happydance:

18. cubbeegirl

cubbeegirl Active Member

Wow ! It's getting interesting .....please let there be some form of justice for JonBenet ....at the very least , let the truth come out.!

19. Periwinkl3

Periwinkl3 Well-Known Member

20. Disgusted

Disgusted Member

I'm not allowing myself to get excited about the 20/20 show. If they had something big, wouldn't they be hyping it for more than 1 day?