Breaking News Thread 8/19

Discussion in 'JonBenet Ramsey' started by tybee204, Aug 19, 2006.

1. tybee204

tybee204 Administrator

Please put all "Breaking News" for 8/19/06 on this thread rather then starting a new thread for each report.

Thank you

2. Loading...

3. Buzz Mills

Buzz Mills New Member

E-mails detail Ramsey suspect's interest

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - The suspect in the slaying of JonBenet Ramsey called the 6-year-old girl "my love, my life" and prayed that the little beauty queen could hear his voice "calling out" from the darkness separating them, according to e-mails he sent to a Colorado professor.

"Sometimes little girls are closer to me than with their parents or any other person in their lives," wrote John Mark Karr. "When I refer to myself as JonBenet's closest, maybe now you understand."

Excerpts of the e-mails were published Friday in the Rocky Mountain News. The exchange took place between Karr and Michael Tracey, a University of Colorado journalism professor. The e-mails were shared with the newspaper by private investigator Ollie Gray.

Gray said he coached Tracey during the e-mail exchange, providing a law enforcement analysis of the messages and asking questions about Karr's replies. He refused to release more details Friday but said the e-mails suggest to him that Karr is a pedophile — though perhaps not a killer.

"I don't think his elevator goes all the way to the top floor all the time," Gray said. "I'm not satisfied of this guy's involvement because there's too many loose ends that need to be investigated."

Gray said he has not seen the May e-mail that prompted Tracey to contact prosecutors. But, he said, Karr "definitely knew about the case" and "needed to be investigated."

Tracey said the e-mail correspondence began four years ago. He contacted prosecutors in May, but has not explained why or disclosed details of the messages.

The newspaper said it obtained the e-mails from a source close to the investigation that it did not identify. Tracey has said the correspondence was voluminous, and he was sought out by Karr because he has produced documentaries on the case.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060819/ap_on_re_us/jonbenet_ramsey_e_mails

4. JBean

JBean Retired WS Administrator

Now even with all those threads, I missed that his emails to Patsy did not go to Patsy, but rather were re-routed to LE. I just heard that tonight.

5. CW

CW Former Member

Super Moderator

Karr to be extradited to U.S. Sunday!
    By SUTIN WANNABOVORN, Associated Press Writer 39 minutes ago

BANGKOK, Thailand - The American suspect in the JonBenet Ramsey killing was to fly to the United States on Sunday to face charges of murder, kidnapping and sexual assault of a child, a police official said Saturday.
    ADVERTISEMENT

"The tickets for John Mark Karr's departure are ready," Thailand's immigration police chief, Lt. Gen. Suwat Tumrongsiskul, told reporters. "He is leaving for the United States on Sunday evening."

Suwat did not say where or when Karr's flight from Bangkok would land or the number of U.S. officials who would accompany him. U.S. authorities have said he will be taken to Boulder, Colo., where he will face charges in connection with JonBenet's death.

A U.S. Embassy official, speaking on condition of anonymity, could not confirm Karr's departure date, saying that authorities were working through legal paperwork to expedite his deportation.

Karr, 41, remained under detention in Bangkok on Saturday, three days after his stunning claim that he was with the 6-year-old beauty pageant princess when she was killed in her family's home.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060819...jonbenet_ramsey

6. MistyM

MistyM Active Member

i read he was being taken back for questioning. and i read he was charged. well i actually saw at the first news conference that he was being charged with first degree murder.

wouldn't they have to have pretty good evidence to charge him?

this is all so confusing, it goes up and down. first you hear something that makes him look so guilty, then you hear things that are so obvious that he's just delusional and making this up.

from everything i've heard, i could see this guy being investigated definately. but to out and out charge him like that? sounds like they really jumped the gun on that one. i sincerely hope they have more proof than his 'secret info' and his confession. the more he talks the more he sounds like he didn't really do it.

7. Trino

Trino Active Member

Either that or the DA wants to make a name for herself.

8. Nova

Nova Active Member

Or she was under pressure from other parties. Had Karr somehow eluded those who were tailing him, some would have always claimed the Boulder DA let "the real killer" get away.

9. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

url + related links
    http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060819/NATION/608190325/1020

10. Hyatt

Hyatt New Member

Trino and Nova. I think you are both right. I do think that she wouldn't mind being responsible for the solving of the case. I also think that there was pressure. Lisa Bloom said on CNN that though she doesn't believe that he is responsible, the DNA was right in bringing him in. She also mentioned something about a teddy bear that I had not heard before. But that may be rumours - that Karr's teddy bear was found in the Ramsey house after the death. IF THAT is true, then that's another story but I am willing to bet that it is not true.

Misty, I believe he has not been "charged" with anything. They are just bringing him in for questioning.

JMO

11. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

Timeline:

12. Pharlap

Pharlap Former Member

Thanks for the info!!!!:blowkiss:
    You would of thought, the police had gotten his foot size,palm print, DNA, hand writing and his where a bouts before giving him a FREE ticket back to the States..
    You answered my questions that I put up on tybee's thread...

Also tks tybee for making 2 threads for us...now I don't have to weed threw so many.....:blowkiss:

13. Wudge

Wudge New Member

If someone in the D.A.'s office was replying to him under the guise of Patsy, that would be interesting.

14. Wudge

Wudge New Member

His visa has been revoked. As best I know, he is being processed for a return to the America yet uncharged.

I wonder which defense attorney he will choose to represent him?

15. gaia

gaia Cat Servant

Well, I sure HOPE Patsy wasn't reading his horrible letters! How awful to even imagine being the mother of a slain child and having to read crap like that from some sicko - especially as you are dying at the same time! Also, the LE folks could entice him to say some very incriminating things - maybe.

I'll tell you, if the examples we've read from that Co. professor are his "best shots", I'm not so sure he does much self-incrimination in his e-mails. To me, it just shows he's nuts and deep in some psychosis with JonBenet being his muse!

I keep going back to how in this world he knew about her before she died? After all, she may have had a small following in the pageant circles, but not anywhere else...I don't believe. Now, his family had some celebrity because they were wealthy, her father owned a company, and Patsy was always out there looking for a way to get on the society pages! I keep going back to the possibility Karr surfed the internet about the pageants and may have seen pics of JonBenet there. I remember Patsy took JonBenet to Texas for awhile but can't recall if that was for a pageant or not. I do remember some of her "friends" said JonBenet was "different" when they returned from that trip and her hair was even lightened considerably. Hmmm...guess I need to re-read the books...sigh!

16. Wudge

Wudge New Member

He's been looking for a publisher for his book. If it is determined that he is but a fruitcake stalker of sorts, he is going to be a best selling author too. .... lol

17. gaia

gaia Cat Servant

Oh, Wudge, I have NO USE for that professor! I won't even say his name 'cause I don't want to give him ANY ADVERTISEMENT! The guys is a stinker. Hope he gains NOTHING from all this, but you know how snakes are...THEY'RE ON PLANES! hahahahahah! Sorry, just had to put that in 'cause that's all I've seen on TV lately!!!!:cool:

18. Wudge

Wudge New Member

Karr coudl well be a stalker, and if it turns out that he is but that and nothing more, he is going to be a published and wealthy stalker. (chuckle)

ETA: and Gloria Alred will be happy to represent his book.

19. Buzz Mills

Buzz Mills New Member

Gloria is in the process of freeing herself up, so that she can sign on to represent JMK in CA, after he is transferred there from CO, on the book and movie deals. Currently she is repressenting Scott Dyleski's girlfriend, but that trial is rapidly drawing to a close, so that particular book deal, and the movie rights, should be finalized well ahead of JMK's need of her. Ka-Ching, ka-ching, is music to her ears. Of course, by now, Gloria has a CO representative, as well as representatives in most other states, for Alred Enterprises.

20. Wudge

Wudge New Member

God Buzz, I was joshing about Gloria, but it would fit. (chuckle)

Anything for glory, Gloria.

21. Buzz Mills

Buzz Mills New Member

It's good for a laugh Wudge, but now that Gloria has set such a lucrative, and high visibility, precedent, I don't doubt there will be many other attorneys who will be jumping on the bandwagon. Like you, I am wondering who, in the event JMK is the real deal, will represent him. What high profile defense attorney, do you know of, in CO??