Brett Somers Match game

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by JDB, Sep 17, 2007.

1. JDB

JDB Tybee you will never be forgotten

2. Loading...

3. reportertype

reportertype Dogs are awesome!

I loved watching her on that show. Her and Charles Nelson Reilly. What a saucy woman.

RIP Brett.

4. Cypros

Cypros New Member

Last January I get some new cable channels added, including the Game Show network. I have so much enjoyed rediscovering some of the game shows that I watched every day as a kid. The Match Game was always one of my favorites because the entire cast of celebrities always looked like they were having so much fun. As a kid I really wanted to be part of that group. Brett Somers was one of the mainstays on that show and she definitely added character. I loved the way that she and Charles Nelson Riley (a HUGE figure in my childhood tv-watching days) teased and provoked each other. However, Brett also seemed to be the jealous type and she admits (in an interview some years ago) to disliking Richard Dawson. He was popular with the lady guests and was always picked to do the final matches (because he matched the contestants 9 times of of 10) and this caused jealousy amongst the troops.

I think Brett was mainly a stage actress and so, other than Match Game and some guest appearances on shows like Love Boat, etc. she was not seen much on the screen. I know that she was married to Jack Klugman but they were divorced by the time she was on Match Game and she was always making fun of him (LOL!)

RIP Brett!

5. JDB

Guess what her and Jack never did get a divorce. The longest seperation I ever heard of

6. philamena

philamena Former Member

Ohhh I'm saddened to hear about her passing. I use to run home after school and watch the Match Game. Brett was a very funny lady! May she rest in peace.

7. englishleigh

englishleigh Authentic Southern Belle

I didn't know she was married to Jack Klugman.

RIP, Brett!

8. JDB

See you learn something new every day :blowkiss:

9. j2mirish

j2mirish Former Member

ditto- I loveddddd her on the Match Game- what a hoot she was-

10. luvbeaches

luvbeaches New Member

I don't remember the exact details, but when Match Game invited Jack to do the show, he was insistant that Brett also be included as one of the "stars" on the show. She was an instant hit, and became a regular.

She was a great lady. I really loved the banter between her and Charles Nelson Reilly. :)

11. Nore

Nore New Member

I am sad to hear of her passing.The game shows of that era were good! Brett was so funny, always liked Jack K. also. I haven't been able to bring myself to watch GSN. yet, my husbands favorite network~I cant even sit in the front room yet unless I have company.

12. BarnGoddess

BarnGoddess Former Member

Oh, we love that show. So sorry to hear of her passing. It was such a fun show. The BarnGod loves to watch Family Feud. Tries never to miss it. We watch the third host, Richard Karn, who was Al on Home Improvement. I do enjoy watching all the shows we watched growing up and as a young adult. They always seemed to place the game shows between the news and the nightly network shows.