Brevard County

This is my first post, but I have been lurking for awhile. I just wanted to share this link http://www.brevardsheriff.com/home/...ve-services/homicide-unit/unsolved-homicides/ with you. These are the unsolved murders in Brevard, seems several along 95 might fit. Anyways, just some info that you could use.

Wow, again on the unsolved crimes. 41 since early 70's, I wouldn't see at night if I was assigned to cold cases. And yes, some of these women were left like trash on the side of the road or in a ditch. Maybe one day DNA will show up for some of the old cases and they will get a hit. When they are this old that is about the only chance they have of solving it, unless some one confesses and then they have to prove it even then.

The City of Cocoa maintains a Cold Case page, too. I don't see any from the Brevard County page. So add another couple dozen. One or two of the women look like they might fit the timeline and characteristics of the other victims.

http://www.cocoafl.org/index.aspx?NID=342

Thanks for the welcome. The word around here is that we have a huge problem with human trafficking.

c24825, yes I agree we do have a problem with human trafficking. FL is one of the biggest offenders and also drugs. We have water on 3 sides so that makes getting in and out so much easier. Lots of our run-aways end up trafficked and on drugs. A sad a horrible movie on Netflix is "Wanted Hot Girls". It is not for everyone if you have a problem with nudity or sex, but it is a documentary about girls who answer Craig list adds and you see how they end up doing *advertiser censored*. It is based on Tampa and Miami FL. I live just north of Tampa. I had no idea.

I have been on Websleuths for some time now, but I am relatively new to posting. My apologies if I am posting in the wrong spot. I remember The Flat Tire murders from the mid 1970's that took place in Florida and left investigators stumped. I also remember that not long after the murders there were similar murders in both California and Utah that L.E. thought were linked to the Florida murders. I am not saying that the Flat Tire murders and The Daytona Beach murders are connected, but I do think that the commonality in the cases is the probability of a long haul trucker being to blame. The Flat Tire case remains unsolved and police thought he could possibly be to blame for 20 plus murders. He also used both knives and guns as the m.o... I know the unsolved cases that could be linked together or numerous, but this one popped in my head.

I have been on Websleuths for some time now, but I am relatively new to posting. My apologies if I am posting in the wrong spot. I remember The Flat Tire murders from the mid 1970's that took place in Florida and left investigators stumped. I also remember that not long after the murders there were similar murders in both California and Utah that L.E. thought were linked to the Florida murders. I am not saying that the Flat Tire murders and The Daytona Beach murders are connected, but I do think that the commonality in the cases is the probability of a long haul trucker being to blame. The Flat Tire case remains unsolved and police thought he could possibly be to blame for 20 plus murders. He also used both knives and guns as the m.o... I know the unsolved cases that could be linked together or numerous, but this one popped in my head.

Welcome aboard! Great second post. I never heard of these b4. Any idea of links or books or anything about these cases? I agree about the trucker theory, if you haven't noticed, LOL. It just makes sense to me, that these guys have the perfect job to be a SK. You have time and travel and anonymity on your side and you get to see the U.S. and all it has to offer. I read a blog about the truck stops and how much prostitution and drugs are available to these guys. It makes your head spin and not in a good way. We have a thread call More than one Serial killer in FL and yes, I would bet we have a few. The FBI links in the forum are great. Talks about how many SKers they think are in the U.S. and that there are about 500 victims, all women and in the profession. So I hope something breaks for LE so we can get some of them arrested.

Thank you for your kind words. Yes you can find info on the Flat Tire Killer on several sites across the web. It's creepy but true. I also think that folks were much more trusting in the 70's,which could have led to them falling as easy prey. I agree with what you said about long haul truckers. I know that most are extremely hard working individuals, and I am grateful, but I do think that LE should take this angle very seriously.

Hi Skully,

Just some info in regards to a new book that apparently has uncovered a SK, who operated in NY, PA, OH. and possibly MI. The scary thing is that although, he's deceased, his brother Gustav Mengel, is a registered sex offender in Fl. and has lived there since the early 90's. Here's the website, if you're interested:http://www.unearthingaserialkiller.com/

Best,
N4M

I'll check this book out, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members