Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #6

Discussion in 'Brianna Denison' started by SeriouslySearching, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeriouslySearching

SeriouslySearching Active Member

OK, Chico! :blowkiss:

2. Loading...

3. SeriouslySearching

Thanks! It won't let me put up links for some reason. Good job, Chico!!

4. SeriouslySearching

Well, thank goodness!! Now, someone needs to go smack her!!!

5. ThoughtFox

ThoughtFox Expecting the Unexpected

I saw a report on one of the news channels about pepper spray and tasers - even Bear Spray!!! - being bought in Reno, and it actually made me more frightened because what if this guy decides to use one of those on the victims! If police found it in this guys car, he could just say his wife was using it because she was scared.

http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080220/NEWS01/802200444/1016/NEWS

Wed, Feb 20 - Nancy Grace Transcript - about the underwear found that was not Brianna's, as well as descriptive elements (I'll post some of it on the other thread):
    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0802/20/ng.01.html

6. close_enough

close_enough Inactive

i agree!!

7. ThoughtFox

ThoughtFox Expecting the Unexpected

Good grief! She needs to go home and lock the door! :eek:

8. txsvicki

txsvicki Active Member

I don't think pepper spray is all that much of a deterrent. The mace that police use would be better. I accidentally sprayed myself with pepper spray once and it didn't incapacitate me at all.

9. Reannan

Reannan Seek Brotherhood, Cherish Solitude

I think the woman who was found needs to be questioned. What if she is someone who thinks they know who the perp is? What if she went to where Bri was found to try and get up the nerve to go to LE?

10. Leila

Leila Active Member

I just got caught up reading all the posts on the last thread and want to comment.

No kidding. My wife got a call from a member of local LE, curious about the number of times my car had been seen in the area where she was found.

Wow..........this just shows us that people are really being observant and reporting anything suspicious. We all really appreciate all you've done, giving us information about the area and taking all those great pictures! :)

I also want to welcome GR987 to WS........you've got some good thoughts in your posts. :)

And I also want to welcome Skippermd to WS. You gave a great over all description of the neighborhood around the UNR and that gives us a real good feel for the area. :)

I'm so glad that 20-year-old woman was found and is ok............what was she thinking, walking alone out there with a monster on the loose!

11. Leila

Leila Active Member

Hmmmmmm...............I'm trying ti figure out how my post ended up being the second post in this thread. When I clicked on reply, there were 7 other posts already in the thread?

12. SeriouslySearching

I think the best thing they can do is stay together in groups. Lock their doors both day and night. Keep their cell phones charged and on their person. Don't party so they are alert during the night. They need to constantly be aware of their surroundings.

13. SeriouslySearching

OT: Is anyone else having problems posting?!

14. Leila

Leila Active Member

I posted earlier that when I replied to the thread there were already 7 other posts, but my post wound up as the second. Then my post reporting the problem would up as post # 3.

I'm posting this message to see if it ends up at the end of the replies as it should, or further up in the thread.

15. SeriouslySearching

LOL Yes, that is what mine are doing also! Either they end up gone or they end up a few above the others where they don't belong. (Then again...it really makes it fun when I make remarks to people's posts who are after mine. HAHAHAHA!)

16. Leila

Leila Active Member

The problem with pepper spray is that it's been reported that the suspect grabs women from behind and with their arms pinned and a hand over their mouth, how are they going to get to the pepper spray?

One of the people who commented on one of the articles in the RGJ has a lot of good self-defense suggestions. Check out the comments of the poster, Alpharaider here:

http://talk.rgj.com/viewtopic.php?t=60704

17. Leila

Leila Active Member

I think it's working ok now. :)

18. close_enough

close_enough Inactive

WHAT is going on????....LOL

i just posted on the "perp description" thread & also deleted two of my previous posts....now the whole thread is gone:confused:

sorry folks....i started a new "perp/suspect" thread.....i have no idea how i could have deleted a thread that i didn't even start!!!....was simply trying to delete 2 of my posts & add a different link/article, & POOF, the whole thread was gone.....

19. close_enough

close_enough Inactive

no, something is still not right, lol:confused:

20. TheBugHouse

TheBugHouse Correlation does not imply causation.

>
    Server is uber busy!

21. TheBugHouse

TheBugHouse Correlation does not imply causation.

>
    They alway say to carry pepper spray and wear bells while hiking in bear country. You can identify bear scat because it has bells in it and smells like pepper.:crazy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.