Bride & Groom get tasered

I wonder if they will put mug shots in the wedding album? :crazy:

JUST SAY NO TO THE DOLLAR DANCE!!! I got married last year and my mother in law INSISTED that I have a dollar dance. She drove me crazy about it. I finally put my foot down and said absolutely not. I was not having a wedding to see how much money I could make and how many gifts I could get (unlike hers a few years previously). I think people have forgotten what the true meaning of a wedding is supposed to be.

JUST SAY NO TO THE DOLLAR DANCE!!! I got married last year and my mother in law INSISTED that I have a dollar dance. She drove me crazy about it. I finally put my foot down and said absolutely not. I was not having a wedding to see how much money I could make and how many gifts I could get (unlike hers a few years previously). I think people have forgotten what the true meaning of a wedding is supposed to be.

I'm seeing it waaaay to much here. It makes me angry because I always give a nice gift. In cultures where NO gifts are given, or only given by close family members, money dances are part of the tradition as a way to set up a young couple in life.
Some how this tradition has morphed into a free-for-all for people who think celebrating a marriage means other people foot your bills.
That last wedding I went to featured a third time bride, formal dress, with the veil held up by the couple's two children, a money dance ,a money tree for the honeymoon (you could make money "leaves"), a wishing well for more money, a pay bar, a DJ with a jar for "tips". The end all; it was the bride's mother's home and since she didn't want anyone in the house, she set up a port-a-potty. I didn't stay long but I heard that after I left, everyone jumped into the pool.

I don't have a lot of hope for this marriage. They both seem to have alcohol and impulse control issues...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back