Identified! British man, 40, found dead in Florence hotel with injured woman, Jul'22 - Ricky Bibey

Or she could be lying? I'm just trying to give someone in the hospital with serious injuries a bit of the benefit of the doubt. Sounds horrifying to me. I don't think she did all that to herself, kwim?

I don't think she has spoken on the subject and hasn't been interviewed has she?

"On the morning of Tuesday, July 26, the police heard the testimony of the English woman who on July 16 was found in serious condition in a hotel in Florence next to the lifeless body of rugby player Ricky Bibey . The woman told the investigators that “it was not an erotic game. He was not in himself ”. Furthermore, she added that she was assaulted and later forced into sexual intercourse ."

Translation by Google

Run through a translator, as my Italian is high school level "The man had scuff marks on his neck and arms and may have died from abuse of cocaine and other substances. The woman, on the other hand, has a fracture on her face and various defensive wounds . Bibey regularly took cocaine and that evening he did so along with alcohol and other substances, as confirmed by the tests carried out on his blood. The investigations, however, will have to clarify all these aspects."

From the above linked article from @JosieJo post

The Mail have the story now. It is lucky for her that he had a heart attack otherwise I reckon she would be the one who died.

A British woman who ran covered in blood and screaming 'help me' after her ex-rugby star boyfriend died in their Italian hotel room was the victim of a 'shocking and violent assault', MailOnline can reveal.

Successful estate agent Jennie Platt was rushed to hospital where she needed three operations after she was viciously beaten up by her lover Ricky Bibey, 40, who passed away from a suspected heart attack in the terrifying incident at the £350-a-night four-star Hotel Continentale in Florence.

Friends of Jennie, 44, a mother-of-two, say 6ft 3in Mr Bibey, who weighed 17 stones, subjected her to the vicious assault after they returned to their luxury hotel in the early hours of July 16 following a night of heavy drinking in the Italian city.

Last edited:
The Mail have the story now. It is lucky for her that he had a heart attack otherwise I reckon she would be the one who died.

But in the meantime, this murderer benefited from an international mainstream media campaign and his family announcing their grief and how sorry they were he had died. And poor Jennie's name was slurred with this disgusting story that they were into something weird and a sex game had gone wrong. Her family, her children, her loved ones and all of us got fed that toxic story and for what reason? Who came up with that garbage. Thank god he died of a heart attack. Shame it wasn't sooner then.

But in the meantime, this murderer benefited from an international mainstream media campaign and his family announcing their grief and how sorry they were he had died. And poor Jennie's name was slurred with this disgusting story that they were into something weird and a sex game had gone wrong. Her family, her children, her loved ones and all of us got fed that toxic story and for what reason? Who came up with that garbage. Thank god he died of a heart attack. Shame it wasn't sooner then.
I'm not sure how you'd expect family and friends to react after Italian police said they thought it was an "erotic game" gone wrong.

It never made much sense to me, but I guess they can only go on what info they have.

I don't know why anyone came up with the 'sex game gone wrong' theory. Seems pretty shocking if the police looked at this situation and the state the woman was in and thought she was a willing participant in it.

I'm not sure how you'd expect family and friends to react after Italian police said they thought it was an "erotic game" gone wrong.

It never made much sense to me, but I guess they can only go on what info they have.

Well its only one notch up from the 'nobody cares about a dead prostitute' tired old sexist hateful stance IMO and completely unjustifiable.

Interesting that in the final cctv, she isn't walking with the group, but by herself - as if annoyed.

As for the mental health problems of the rugby player - he wouldn't be the first to suffer from the brain damage due to contact sport.

MOO

You wouldn’t be the first ~ it’s been successfully used as a defence, sorry I can’t quote the cases but maybe others can chip in

It's been used as a defence to murder along the lines of so called 'erotic asphyxiation' gone wrong.....even though the defendant failed to call for help/commence CPR.

It was used as a defence by the killer of Grace Millane in New Zealand. Quite rightly he was found guilty of murder.

There is a statutory defence to assault of consent by the injured party. This is not a defence to murder however, if the jury decide that intent to cause serious harm is proven.

Last edited:

IMO reckless comments from the Italian police before they had opportunity to interview their main witness.

We are fortunate that the UK police are so discreet and say only as much as they need to and only when it may further their investigation.

So many other countries could learn from the UK in this respect.

JMO

Interesting that in the final cctv, she isn't walking with the group, but by herself - as if annoyed.

As for the mental health problems of the rugby player - he wouldn't be the first to suffer from the brain damage due to contact sport.

MOO

It may be more to do with alcohol and/or illicit drugs.....that created a violent response. Toxicology tests at the PM may confirm this......if they were done.

JMO

Last edited:
It may be more to do with alcohol and/or illicit drugs.....that created a violent response.
I meant his earlier mental health problems(starting several months ago) which were mentioned in the link above.

I meant his earlier mental health problems(starting several months ago) which were mentioned in the link above.

Mental health difficulties rarely equate to violence towards others, which is a stigma that needs to be strongly challenged.

It's no different to the press reporting convicted killers as having an ADHD or Autism diagnosis.....it only serves to stigmatise a whole section of society, when the vast majority of neuro-divergent individuals are not aggressive.

I can say unequivocally that alcohol is by far the most significant catalyst for violence and it is likely to have been a key contributor in this tragic incident.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back