Identified! British man, 40, found dead in Florence hotel with injured woman, Jul'22 - Ricky Bibey

Probably a sadomasochistic one-upsmanship kind of game Along the lines of "I'll tie you up and hurt you then you get to tie me up and hurt me". He goes second because he actually wants her to push the edge when she does him out of retaliation. Between blood loss and, probably more significantly, neck constriction he has a heart attack and/or stroke. Just speculation obviously but it's something that people do.

Investigators believe she may have been forced into some form of erotic game and then tried to fight off Mr Bibey, as the postmortem revealed wounds on his wrists and necks.

Wow..keeps getting weirder.

I imagine the mystery couple isn't involved?

I’m struggling with the phrase ‘forced into some form of erotic game’. There is no such thing. On face value that describes violence with a sexual element. So if it was the male who ‘forced’, how on earth did he end up the one dead unless the woman vigorously fought him off?

People who practice BDSM type stuff are usually highly informed on boundaries and consent etc. Its very confusing.

If they brought the drugs from the UK into Italy, that's sad, and dangerous.
If they went out to buy drugs on their first night in Florence, that's also sad, and dangerous.
What a sordid tragedy in such a beautiful city.

Hopefully soon they'll reveal if the other couple they were seen with walking back to the hotel in the street were part of this tale also, or just happened to be walking the same way and staying at the same place.

They went back to the hotel approx 02.00hrs. His girlfriend didn't raise the alarm he was dead until she ran out of the hotel room at 08.00hrs. That's a long night of.....whatever it was.

MOO.

Last edited:
I hope you are fully recovered now.

Did you have a dedicated nurse just to monitor your condition constantly?
Pretty much recovered. Keeping fit to stay healthy. I doubt I had a dedicated nurse.

Pretty much recovered. Keeping fit to stay healthy. I doubt I had a dedicated nurse.
Excellent :) You can't knock the incredible ICU staff the world over. They are dedicated, very knowledgeable and professional, and all in very testing circumstances.

If they brought the drugs from the UK into Italy, that's sad, and dangerous.
If they went out to buy drugs on their first night in Florence, that's also sad, and dangerous.
What a sordid tragedy in such a beautiful city.

Hopefully soon they'll reveal if the other couple they were seen with walking back to the hotel in the street were part of this tale also, or just happened to be walking the same way and staying at the same place.

They went back to the hotel approx 02.00hrs. His girlfriend didn't raise the alarm he was dead until she ran out of the hotel room at 08.00hrs. That's a long night of.....whatever it was.

MOO.

I'm extremely curious about this other couple aswell.

I doubt they would take drugs with them, certainly easy to buy coke in all tourist spots.

Reading the linked info, it doesn't seem that mysterious to me? He was a big, fit guy and she got hurt fighting against whatever went on. If they were both taking drugs (cocaine, from the sounds of it?), things got out of hand. Perhaps she was doing things, or being pushed/forced into things with him, and/or someone else that she did not want to do. The articles say she had defensive wounds, so that fits. If the other people were involved too? Yikes.

Plenty of people have heart attacks from cocaine. That seems his likely cause of death. Not a "game gone wrong", but the events surrounding it.

They might have even treated this stay in Florence as "holiday of a lifetime".

It's just another case that makes me think if I ever end up covered in blood in a hotel room next to a dead body, I'll just say 'sex game gone wrong' and shrug.
Ahem. Of course I will strive to ensure that never happens!

I’m struggling with the phrase ‘forced into some form of erotic game’. There is no such thing. On face value that describes violence with a sexual element. So if it was the male who ‘forced’, how on earth did he end up the one dead unless the woman vigorously fought him off?

People who practice BDSM type stuff are usually highly informed on boundaries and consent etc. Its very confusing.

He ends up dead from an overdose of cocaine? i.e.whatever they were up to increased in intensity parallel to the amount of cocaine in their systems? That would also explain her saying she was not into "rough sex". This could have been some weird, one time thing, either between them, or involving other people and not something between people who normally consented to that kind of activity, AND involved drugs.

Unless I have missed something showing he did NOT have drugs in his body? That usually takes time to come out, right? Like I posted above, cocaine seems like a plausible reason for an athlete to have a heart attack.

It's just another case that makes me think if I ever end up covered in blood in a hotel room next to a dead body, I'll just say 'sex game gone wrong' and shrug.
Ahem. Of course I will strive to ensure that never happens!

You wouldn’t be the first ~ it’s been successfully used as a defence, sorry I can’t quote the cases but maybe others can chip in

"Just weeks before his death he shared a quote from Greek Stoic philosopher Epictetus about "evil" in a cryptic Instagram post on June 19.

It read: "If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it."

He ends up dead from an overdose of cocaine? i.e.whatever they were up to increased in intensity parallel to the amount of cocaine in their systems? That would also explain her saying she was not into "rough sex". This could have been some weird, one time thing, either between them, or involving other people and not something between people who normally consented to that kind of activity, AND involved drugs.

Unless I have missed something showing he did NOT have drugs in his body? That usually takes time to come out, right? Like I posted above, cocaine seems like a plausible reason for an athlete to have a heart attack.

Toxicology results can be slow but they could have been inhaling / smoking something? Meth? Crack? Nitrous Oxide? Poppers ? But there‘d be paraphernalia too. Sounds like a very violent incident and the concept it was just fun and games gone too far seems like a cynical defence ploy which is odd as the perpetrator is seemingly the deceased ~ is this person having their image protected by influencing forces?

Plenty of people have heart attacks from cocaine. That seems his likely cause of death. Not a "game gone wrong", but the events surrounding it.

That's doesn't explain how his girlfriend suffered so much blood loss she had to have 2 operations and is still in hospital, not how his body has bruises and marks on it.

It sounds violent and horrific, not a simple cocaine overdose.

I don't the Italian police wouldn't have mentioned BDSM games gone wrong if it wasn't a possibility.

That's doesn't explain how his girlfriend suffered so much blood loss she had to have 2 operations and is still in hospital, not how his body has bruises and marks on it.

It sounds violent and horrific, not a simple cocaine overdose.

I don't the Italian police wouldn't have mentioned BDSM games gone wrong if it wasn't a possibility.

I suppose anything can turn into something 'gone wrong' and become a murder? So really the BDSM aspect is maybe superfluous info and a bit misleading. If a domestic situation becomes heated and violent and someone ends up dead we don't usually call it 'watching television gone wrong' or 'cooking dinner gone wrong' so why should violent conflict resulting in murder be called sex games gone wrong? *unless* the death would be quite literally by misadventure or accident, for example accidentally oxygen deprived, which this really doesn't sound like if everyone was battered and bloodied and either dead or nearly dead.

Yes, my theory was drugs escalated whatever they were doing and made it more intense. I mean, the guy was a rugby player, so I'm assuming he was quite strong and had a high pain tolerance? She could have fought back with an object, we have no idea (and I think I'm probably thankful for that, to a degree) what actually went on. It could have started out as mildly kinky, or just sex and gotten way out of hand and violent due to drugs.

HE could have been doing something BDSM with the other couple or someone else (conjecture), or asked her to do it to him,which could have resulted in bruises? A rugby player would probably have bruises an ordinary citizen would not, right? (Although, I would think that would be easy to discern, but this was their first day of vacation, so maybe not?)

He could have fallen on or through something too? I really don't know what to think? He looks much bigger than everyone else in the video, but that is my impression only, and for all we know, other ppl may have been there.

Or she could be lying? I'm just trying to give someone in the hospital with serious injuries a bit of the benefit of the doubt. Sounds horrifying to me. I don't think she did all that to herself, kwim?

It was reported by Italian Police via the Daily Mail that his girlfriend has tested positive for cocaine in her system at the hospital where she is being treated.

Such a shame two relatively young apparently successful people each with young children. Whilst I understand "anything goes" between consenting adults look at the mess of adding cocaine, what awful consequences for a weekend away partying.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back