Identified! British man, 40, found dead in Florence hotel with injured woman, Jul'22 - Ricky Bibey

I read about several cases of violent, aggressive former rugby players/Am footballers with brain damage due to these sports.

They were not aggressive earlier.

And brain damage counts as mental health problems.

MOO

I read about several cases of violent, aggressive former rugby/Am footballers with brain damage due to these sport.

They were not aggressive earlier.
And brain damage coutns as mental health problems.

I can guarantee that both rugby and football players in the professional game are not shrinking violets.....they play a hard game.

Yes brain injuries can certainly change an individuals character and that could include making them more aggressive.

However unless proven to be the case in this particular incident then it is important not to automatically link mental health difficulties with violence towards others......because it only continues to provide oxygen to incorrect assumptions surrounding mental health.

I can guarantee that both rugby and football players in the professional game are not shrinking violets.....they play a hard game.

Yes brain injuries can certainly change an individuals character and that could include making them more aggressive.

However unless proven to be the case in this particular incident then it is important not to automatically link mental health difficulties with violence towards others......because it only continues to provide oxygen to incorrect assumptions surrounding mental health.
That was never my intention.

Those men started attacking their families b/c of micro injuries in their brains.
Their personalities changed.

As for this case:
The woman has been dating him for 3 years.
Everything was OK.

Then suddenly, he started having mental health episodes.

And, out of the blue, attacked her, nearly killing her.
Does it mean he took drugs for the first time in Florence?

IDK

MOO

Last edited:
That was never my intention.

Those men started attacking their family b/c of micro injuries in their brains.
Their personalities changed.

MOO

Medical evidence on the effects of repeated concussions in rugby union and the effect of heading the ball in football has given rise to changes by World Rugby in head injury assessment during matches and post match interventions, and the Football Association here in the UK, has issued new heading guidance for all levels of the game.

There have been cases of former professional rugby union and football players here in the UK being diagnosed with early onset dementia and other long term effects of brain injuries.

What I have not heard reported are any cases of former players whose sport related brain damage (concussions) have caused them to become violently aggressive. Have you any examples?

Last edited:
Medical evidence of the effects of repeated concussions in rugby union and the effect of heading the ball in football has given rise to changes by World Rugby in head injury assessment during matches and post match interventions, and the Football Association here in the UK, has issued new heading guidance for all levels of the game.

There have been cases of former professional rugby union and football players here in the UK being diagnosed with early onset dementia and other long term effects of brain injuries.

What I have not heard reported are any cases of former players whose sport related brain damage (concussions) have caused them to become violently aggressive. Have you any examples?

I still remember Am film "Concussion" about this problem.

Info from the US, not Europe, but...

Here's one study I found that has some information:

More info in general:

"...The symptoms of CTE can be debilitating and may have life-changing effects for both the individual and for his or her family. Some of the most common include loss of memory, difficulty controlling impulsive or erratic behavior, impaired judgment, behavioral disturbances including aggression and depression, difficult with balance, and a gradual onset of dementia...."

Info from the US, not Europe, but...

Here's one study I found that has some information:

More info in general:

"...The symptoms of CTE can be debilitating and may have life-changing effects for both the individual and for his or her family. Some of the most common include loss of memory, difficulty controlling impulsive or erratic behavior, impaired judgment, behavioral disturbances including aggression and depression, difficult with balance, and a gradual onset of dementia...."

Thanks for the links.....very informative.

I read the abstract for the first article. It really confirms what I would say is obvious.....that people who play contact sports generally have more aggressive temperaments.

AND

where the sport involves blows to the head they are more likely to get Mild Traumatic Brain Injury.

In much the same way that those with ADHD who have poor impulsive control as a consequence, are more at risk of PTSD.....they throw themselves into more situations which could give rise to trauma from serious/life threatening incidents.

This would often apply to servicemen and emergency response workers.

Even a slap on the face is detrimental to the brain - not to mention hard blows!!!!!!!!!

MOO

Even a slap on the face is detrimental to the brain - not to mention hard blows!!!!!!!!!

MOO

It takes a fair old whack to get even a mild concussion.

I've taken some good knocks on the head over the years playing contact sports, skiing and generally throwing myself into things head first but I've only been knocked out once.....hit by a car and thrown up and over the bonnet....and wouldn't say I've ever had the symptoms of concussion.

Heads are pretty tough and the brain floats in a lovely layer of cerebrospinal fluid to absorb a lot of the impact.

Then again look after your head and brain....you only get one. Wear a helmet on your bike and also if you ski/snowboard, and and if you play rugby, learn to tackle right.

Not rugby, but here are just a few American football and wrestling examples

Last edited:
quite a few spats on SM under a local newspapers post regarding her postings on social media (not business) and photo's she's uploaded and when. I think unfortuntately she was probably a already victim on domestic violence and still hasn't come to terms with it. I hope she isn't feeling she must be somehow to blame :( poor lady.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back