Britney Spears & Child Protective Svcs

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by kelly london, Apr 11, 2006.

1. kelly london

kelly london New Member

Reporting that CPS paid a visit to Britney's home, where baby sean fell from his high chair and fractured his skull.

2. Loading...

3. tezi

tezi Member of Websleuths since 2000.

OMG!!! Is he ok? Did you hear if he needed surgery or anything?

I thought she had a nanny?

Her and ugly boy Kev were probably "busy."

4. kelly london

kelly london New Member

that is all i know at the moment. i worry about that child - every since she was driving without a car seat and photographed doing it.

5. bakerprune64

bakerprune64 Former Member

I was also concerned about the driving incident. However,unless CPS can prove intentional negligence, then they will not take her son from her.

6. BrendaStar

BrendaStar New Member

On which website was this reported on? I'd like to read it. Can you provide the link?

7. Jean

Jean Former Member

8. englishleigh

englishleigh Authentic Southern Belle

Sounds like she couldn't summon enough brain cells to buckle the baby in his high chair seat.

9. Jeana (DP)

Jeana (DP) Former Member

Is that even possible? Is the fall high enough? :confused:

10. Masissy

Masissy Former Member

I thought the same, what was the floor made out of - marble???

11. Masissy

Masissy Former Member

She doesn't buckle him in the car seat either...:rolleyes:

12. Jean

Jean Former Member

I brought the links over from the other thread. :)

From Drudge:

Family Services Visits Britney Spears' Home

ET has confirmed that the Department Of Children and Family Services called and asked for a sheriff's deputy to accompany DCFS investigators on Saturday around 1 p.m. to the home of BRITNEY SPEARS. A sheriff's Deputy Patrol went to the house with a DCFS investigator.

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/newslink/14422/

EXCLUSIVE: BABY SEAN FALLS & FRACTURES HIS SKULL, BRITNEY IN TEARS![/url]

On April 7, when Britney Spears and Kevin Federline realized that their baby, Sean Preston, had been sleeping more than usual, panic bells went off. Just six days earlier, the 7-month-old had taken a major fall from his high chair, a tumble that had his parents worried that he might have been critically injured.

They had every right to fret. After rushing Sean to a nearby hospital, they discovered he had a minor skull fracture (sometimes called a "scalp fracture" in babies), and a blood clot. And the doctors weren't the only ones to take notice! The next day, the Department of Children and Family Services began looking into the incident. (More at Link)

http://www.starmagazine.com/news/61975

13. Details

Details Former Member

6 days????? Why would you wait even one! Maybe if you had no medical insurance and were afraid of being sued for the bills for an unnecessary emergency room visit - but they've got no such excuse!

14. AlwaysShocked

AlwaysShocked Active Member

Poor baby! And he's such a cute little thing. The blood clot really bothers me - means there was a brain bleed.

And it took these two cretins 6 days to notice anything was different about their child??!!??

I wish her mother would talk her into hiring a really, really competent full-time nanny for this child!

15. Floh

Floh Former Member

Why not?

marble would be the best and she'd want the best, wouldn't she?

actually, i have plain tiles on my kitchen floor and i'll bet i could get a baby's skull to crack if i let one fall off a high chair on to it.

i'd try very hard not to let a baby fall, of course, but if one DID -- you wouldn't see me for dust as i raced him to the hospital to get checked out! :furious:

six

days

earlier?

i want to hit them. slap them silly!!!! :furious:

16. englishleigh

'Zactly.

17. izzyB

izzyB Inactive

a blood clot on the brain can be fatal!!!

18. englishleigh

When my oldest was about 8 months old, she crawled into the footboard of our bed and bumped her little forehead...a big knot came up, and I freaked out. I took her straight to the pediatrician, convinced she was injured irreparably. Of course I knew somewhere in my subconscious that that tends to happen if you bump your head hard enough, but all that went out the window, when it came to my baby, as a first-time mom. :rolleyes: My point is...Britney is also a first-time mom...you'd think she'd be easier to scare where Sean is concerned, but then again...she doesn't use the car seat. :rolleyes:

19. WISCer

WISCer Former Member

Well, I'll share what my children's pediatrician told me one day while we were sharing child abuse stories. This injury immediately sent up a red flag because young children's bodies are "flexible". To have an injury that serious is the equivalent of falling 2 stories. If a serious injury is seen then the doctor assumes it was intentional and CPS is called. Of couse, sometimes the child has brittle bone but that is investigated/discovered AFTER CPS is called.

20. tezi

tezi Member of Websleuths since 2000.

Six flipping days? Good grief! CPS needs to place that child with competent relatives or in foster care. These two don't have one functioning brain cell between them.

I have a brain bleed from my stroke, but I'd bet money it's a lot smaller than the one Brit's baby had! I wonder if they had to do surgery to relieve it?

21. michelle

michelle Joy comes in the Morning

I tell ya, I feel sorry for that poor little baby.....