Brittany Murphy Dies

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sweetheart looks ill in that pic. I am so sad at the system that produces such death and destruction. RIP Brittany Murphy...a nice girl done in by the system.

This is reminiscent of learning of Heath Ledger's death. I am saddened when these young, talented performers exit this world way too early. I wonder if there's any truth to Brittany being a diabetic.??? I have a good friend who battles diabetis and struggles constantly to maintain a healthy weight.

I struggle with diabetes and my weight. lost a total of 70lbs almost 10 years ago. I am 110lbs. BUT...I can gain ten pounds in a week easily if I am not careful...and like many who have lost a good bit of weight..I have difficulties with any extra weight on my frame. If I gain five lbs..I strictly reduce my intake until gone...works to keep it off...does not keep my family happy. I would bet that Brittany is about 15 lbs lighter in that last pic than I, putting her at 95lbs or less. She is petite like me..I believe her height is 5'3", I am 5'4". Weight and food is a tough issue...worse if you are in Hollywood and they say you are fat and here...take this..it keeps the weight off..boom you are hooked.

She was at an age where it becomes harder to find work in hollywood and women her age have to compete for parts with girls half their age and usually half their weight so in order to keep working they stop eating or binge and purge. Very sad indeed she was a beautiful women.

I loved her in girl, interrupted

haven't seen recent pics of her until now & it saddens me deeply

RIP young lady

Wow, so young. If she had diabetes, that COULD have caused the weight loss, I guess. I know someone who was a "normal" weight to begin with and then started losing a bunch of weight involuntarily and was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. But it sounds like there were rumors of drugs and/or anorexia. Anyway, so sad. I don't believe I've ever seen any movies of hers but I saw the news and her age and was just shocked. At first I thought it must be some sort of rumor or sick joke.

This is reminiscent of learning of Heath Ledger's death. I am saddened when these young, talented performers exit this world way too early. I wonder if there's any truth to Brittany being a diabetic.??? I have a good friend who battles diabetis and struggles constantly to maintain a healthy weight.

I was diagnosed with diabetes on Friday. I hope this wasn't diabetes related. :eek:

I was diagnosed with diabetes on Friday. I hope this wasn't diabetes related. :eek:

You are an adult, so presumably you have type 2 diabetes?
Individuals with type 2 diabetes usually have a hard time losing weight.

I must be one of those...lost about 60lbs before diagnosis...then lost ten after the meds...now it's a battle..eat well, all is good...eat what I want..gain 5lbs...starve...eat again.

Oh NO! Sorry to hear this Steely Dan. Just take care of yourself and hopefully it is managable without too many life changes. Saying a special holiday prayer for you.

If a diabetic person takes drugs (weight loss/stimulants) would that exhacerbate the condition? sorry i don't know that much about it, but I do know things about autoimmune disease. :innocent:

Mycroft, thanks for that awesome link!

And he may be concerned about the possiblity of toxicology testing...and the drug use coming out. Many family members would prefer that not in the media.

Of course he doesn't want one. He's afraid of being charged in her death. I think they know about the drugs. He was in the hospital in cardiac arrest last month due to it. She's dead prematurely and it could have been a murder so it important to do an autopsy.

Hollywood sensibilities about weight are sooo effed up. At least Mattel came out with a realistic looking Barbie years ago. It's very sad what Hollywood puts actress' through. :furious:

Thanks, great video.

It's not it's disgusting. A woman with a little meat on her bones is ok. Lindsay Lohan was soooooo hot before she lost all her weight. JMO
LL is another one she does have talent...and she was very HOT, I don't know what they think they are doing?
I think Hollywood is hurting them all.
If only they would hire girls with a pound of flesh the others would eat too. :crazy:

I lost 25 pounds in about a month without trying. I went from 199 to 175. I'm 5'5" so that's a very good thing.

LL is another one she does have talent...and she was very HOT, I don't know what they think they are doing?
I think Hollywood is hurting them all.
If only they would hire girls with a pound of flesh the others would eat too. :crazy:

It's also a disease. Lots of women are either overweight like me or anorexic like Brittany. Two extremes of the same thing. Eating disorders are not necessarily caused by hollywood but rather something a girl had to begin with. I remember being 10 and bulimic not because I wanted to lose weight but because I had a big problem with food and would overeat to the point of throwing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23