GUILTY Brock Turner, college swimmer, CONVICTED of rape - sentenced to only 6 months in jail

The negative response to Brock Turner and his choices in life is far and deep...

Here is how one artist has reacted...

The photo series, which was made for sexual assault awareness media platform Current Solutions, features scenes of assault captured in time.

Each of the images features an attacker and a victim, with the victim powerfully staring straight into the camera's lens.

Yana told the publication that she intended for them to look lifeless, but real.

<snitp>

Yana explained that she hopes the series tells viewers: 'Look. Look at this and don&#8217;t even try to ignore it because it&#8217;s right there in front of you to stare at.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ord-rapist-Brock-Turner-s-release-prison.html

She also has another photo series on her webpage called "Dear Brock Turner"...

http://www.yanamazurkevich.com/brockturner/

His registration, and a new photo. Ugh, that smirk.

916ee89041962d83e3be6df4c97778fd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That's exactly what it is -- a smirk. He's doing all he can to keep from smiling. I just hope the women (and the men) he encounters from here on out, know who he is and what he did.

September 10, 2016

Sex offender registries face scrutiny after Turner's release

When ex-Stanford University swimmer Brock Turner became a registered sex offender for life last Tuesday, he joined a nationwide list of registered sex criminals that has grown dramatically in recent years to more than 800,000.

Even some who have denounced Turner's six-month jail sentence as too lenient for sexually assaulting an unconscious woman question whether he should spend his life with the stigma and onerous restrictions of a registered sex offender.

They join a growing number of defense attorneys, advocates and judges who are questioning the fairness of applying lifetime, blanket restrictions to expanding definitions of sex crimes that frequently treat first-time offenders the same as serial rapists.

In California, Florida, South Carolina and Alabama it's impossible for people convicted of any sex crime to be removed from the online registries showing their pictures, addresses, convictions and probation details. Offenders have been turned into victims themselves when they are targeted in vigilante attacks or can't find jobs or places to live, critics say.

Stanford University law professor Michele Dauber, who lambasted Turner's sentence as too lenient and is leading a campaign to oust the judge who imposed, said requiring the 21-year-old man to be registered as a sex offender until he dies may be too harsh.

"No one should be defined by their worst decision for the rest of their life," Dauber said in an interview. "Deciding who should be removed, which cases or crimes should qualify would require thoughtful legislation, a fair process and, of course, an unbiased judge."

Dauber stressed there are many criminals who deserve lifetime registration, but said at some point after at least 10 years on the registry Turner should be given a chance to get off it by proving he has successfully rehabilitated himself.

Turner was released from jail Sept. 2 and moved to his parent's home in Bellbrook, Ohio, registering as a sex offender at the Greene County sheriff's office four days after his release from a California jail for good behavior after serving half his sentence. Protesters demonstrated in front of the home before and after his arrival and Turner's parents told police eggs were thrown at the house.

<SNIP>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/10/sex-offender-registries-face-scrutiny-after-turner-release.html

I hope the internet keeps him in a personal hell. I have no sympathy for rapists, whatsoever!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Until Brock Turner Apologizes, He Should Not Be Allowed To Speak On Campuses

Fresh out of his all-too-brief incarceration, former Stanford University swimmer Brock Turner has offered to lecture college students against &#8220;drinking and promiscuity.&#8221; Now the most hated swimmer in American history&#8212;more reviled than even the mendacious, embarrassing Ryan Lochte&#8212;Turner hopes to redeem himself with speaking tours.

Are any schools actually considering having him speak??

Michelle Obama added a little to her girl empowerment speech today.
My first thought was I hope Judge Persky is seeing and hearing this!

re: Locker room banter

- “The measure of any society is how it treats its women.”
- “Men in our lives (her family and friends) don't speak that way.“
- “Dismissing this as locker room banter is an insult to us all.“

Geez, even Brock Turner (and his Mom and Dad) might learn something from it.

Michelle Obama added a little to her girl empowerment speech today.
My first thought was I hope Judge Persky is seeing and hearing this!

re: Locker room banter

- &#8220;The measure of any society is how it treats its women.&#8221;
- &#8220;Men in our lives (her family and friends) don't speak that way.&#8220;
- &#8220;Dismissing this as locker room banter is an insult to us all.&#8220;

Geez, even Brock Turner (and his Mom and Dad) might learn something from it.

I just watched that and cried through the last four minutes.

The Stanford rape victim has spoken out about her devastation upon hearing of BT's sentence. I am having trouble with my IPad so am unable to post the link right now. If you google "Stanford rape victim speaks out Daily Mail" the article will pop up.

I think I will commit to calling this woman "The Stanford Rape Survivor" to knock out that she ends at being a victim.

Brock Turner Appeals his Conviction!!! :furious:

Key to Turner's request for a new trial is a statement the prosecutor repeatedly made during trial, saying the assault occurred "behind the dumpster."
The assault, Turner's lawyers argue, did not occur "behind the dumpster." Indeed, the victim was found in a "completely open setting," the appeal states, adding that the implication that the crime occurred "behind the dumpster" prejudiced the jury against Turner.
<snip>

"What we are saying is that what happened is not a crime," John Tompkins, Turner's legal adviser, told KNTV. "It happened, but it was not anywhere close to a crime."

www.cnn.com/2017/12/02/us/brock-turner-sexual-assault-appeal/index.html[/video]

Probably not the best time for him to try that move. The climate isn't so rapist-friendly right now.

He should take the sentence he was given and be grateful for it. If he gets a new trail, the next judge is not likely to be so lenient.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back