Broken/open window discovery-a lie?

Discussion in 'JonBenet Ramsey' started by madeleine, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Agatha_C

Agatha_C New Member

If you go to the following link, there are some crime scene photos (not new) the site has a magnifying option that lets you enlarge the photos. It’s the closest, clearest and largest Ive ever seen. Its well worth the visit. Some of you most likely have already been there. I should say there are only three photos 1. The wine cellar door before Jonbenet was found… 2. PRs paint caddy, with broken brush…. 3. The garrote…. However, the article sucked…

http://www.acandyrose.com/03202000newsweek.jpg

2. BBB167893

BBB167893 Former Member

I tell you, Agatha: I'm not one to exult in the death of another (the recently-deceased Osama bin Laden being the exception! WAHOO!). But I can't help but wonder what this case would be like if Lou Smit had never worked on it at all.

3. Agatha_C

Agatha_C New Member

Dave, did it seem as if I was exulting LS death? I truly did not mean it to sound that way and after rereading my post, I dont feel that I sounded that way. My initial response was to apologise and then I realized that perhaps I was being read wrong or reading your post wrong, I dont know which. I would never feel joy at LS death, no matter how I feel about his handling of the JBR case.

If I read your post wrong I apologise. However, if I was read wrong let me set the record straight, what LS did during this case while alive does deserve criticism, but in no way do I feel he deserved to die for having his own opinion and/or agenda.....

Now for Bin Laden there is a soul that deserved his judgement day!!!! Long live the Navy Seals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. wonderllama

wonderllama Registered Snoozer

Thanks for the post Agatha, very informative.

The one thing that stands out on my first reading is the explanation for why an intruder wouldn't take a ransom note into the house.

What a pile of garbage.

If an intruder is found in the house, is he somehow more legitimate if he ISN'T carrying a ransom note?

"It's okay, I broke into your house, but I don't have a note so I'll just see myself out."
    WTF?
    I've heard many instances of people getting shot for far less in the USA.
    Knock at the door on Halloween springs to mind. 12 year old trick or treater shot dead.
    But you know, he didn't have a ransom note.

Or say it WAS someone known to the family who could have had some legitimate reason for being in the house. Are they then going to frisk them for a ransom note?

The DA may have been "floored" by Lou Smit's arrest record, but it's clear they were "flawed" after he got involved in the JBR case.

5. Agatha_C

Agatha_C New Member

LS contradicted himself and got away with it. It makes no sense. The intruder didnt want to bring a note in because he feared what LE would think if he was caught. Yet this intruder felt comfortable leaving the 2 1/2 page RN at the murder scene, with the 6 pages of practice note in his pocket.

Didnt anyone back then find this odd or question it? I mean Poop on a stick, what the heck was going on?

I think some people should be in real trouble here and yet no one is. Someone here not long ago said they think that LS had something on the DA and I agree. I would even bet, he had something on them all.

Dave's right, one cant help but wonder at how things might have turned out had LS never been involved.

6. wonderllama

wonderllama Registered Snoozer

Had something on the DA.....I think I said that about John Ramsey in a different thread ;)

7. Agatha_C

Agatha_C New Member

It was you, wonder of wonders...

8. BBB167893

BBB167893 Former Member

No, but I was afraid that it might seem that I was.

I don't think so either. I was speaking for me.

9. BBB167893

BBB167893 Former Member

Like I said before, llama: at what point does conspiracy theory become conspiracy fact?

10. Agatha_C

Agatha_C New Member

Funny that mention that Dave, I just mentioned that to Roy, in another thread! It is a fact or this would have been solved an eon ago... Ask AH about Karma caused by this conspiracy theory (Not making light of his tragedy. I just happen to feel that Karma gives back what was given and in the same doses....

11. joeskidbeck

joeskidbeck Rest in Peace

So true, Agatha. If you really think about it, there has already been a lot of Karma meted out to the players in this farce. Lots of folks dying way too soon. Wanna hear something funny? I was reading some old posts on another board and a poster actually started a thread about the pity she had for the Ram's because they lost everything they had and all their money defending themselves in this case! She claimed they were literally destitute! Brought tears to my eyes, I'll tell ya that much. I'm trying to leave out the fact that they are tears of laughter! :floorlaugh:

12. Agatha_C

Agatha_C New Member

tHEN, LIKE I said, I owe you an apology... :whiteflag: Im sorry for misunderstanding. Dave, you didnt sound like you were lauding any ones death (except Osama and well didnt we all in some way?

13. joeskidbeck

joeskidbeck Rest in Peace

Surely no one feels sorry for OBL. After all if we are to believe the garbage he taught his followers, we sent him to paradise with many virgins! It would be interesting to know what he thinks about that right now.

14. Agatha_C

Agatha_C New Member

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! :lol:

15. Toltec

Toltec New Member

What I understood about that interview with John was this:

John told Lou Smit that he moved a chair blocking the train room, entered, left and put the chair back.

The pre-discovery picture of the train room door shows a drum table with easter basket on top blocking it.

What came first, the drum table or the chair?

16. Whaleshark

Whaleshark New Member

i'll tell you what came first.....a need to find (fabricate) evidence of an intruder entrance and/or exit.

;)

17. Agatha_C

Agatha_C New Member

Since this thread deals with the broken window, Im going to ask my question here. The door near to the grate and basement window, is that the door to the butlers pantry? For some reason Im confused on which door that is..

TIA

18. cynic

cynic Well-Known Member

It’s actually on the other side of the house. Have a look at the first two pages of the following thread:
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94059"]Right, shut your face and do as I tell you - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

19. Agatha_C

Agatha_C New Member

Again, I owe you a huge thank you. Reading that thread not only gave me the answer, it gave me more questions (LOL).. Since it late and I have pancakes to make early in the morning I'll only ask one. Okay, maybe two (LOL)

Why was JF, lying.. I know that no one but he can answer that. Its a question I have nonetheless...

Am I the only one that thinks its odd, that he chose to go to the door by the window well the supposed intruder broke into?

Oh and Cynic, I laughed so hard I cried when you called JF John "Eagle Eye" Fernie.. OMG, that was to freaking funny..

Again I thank you friend for all your help and information.. Maybe, LE should call you, DeeDee, Dave, and UK in to help solve this thing.... Two days tops and its a wrap...:bedtime::eek:fftobed::shush:

20. Toltec

Toltec New Member

Weren't there two doors? One was the Butlers pantry door, the other the dining room door?

Why would John Fernie try to enter through the Butlers Pantry door when it was well known to family and friends that they enter through the hallway door.