Brooke's Funeral

Is her family still sitting on the dais? I wonder why they didn't follow the casket as part of the processional?

I was wondering the same thing, that's why I asked who they were. Only the people in the front rows got up.

I missed the beginning, but there seemed to be an entire section of seats in the middle that was kept empty.

Was that all family in the middle section..tha'ts now empty?? That's a lot. I didn't see this from the beginning. How were her mom and aunt reacting?? You'd have to peel me off the casket if this had happened to my daughter. And I wonder about AR. Surely she is there?? I just wonder if this has all become very very real to her now...seeing it.

I was dry eyed til they showed the gentlemen singing and began carrying off the flowers and what not. I assume it was closed casket. Even harder when you know that.

Yes it was a closed casket. I missed the beginning as well. Was her aunt there???

Is anyone else crying?

yep. it was a really nice service i thought. i think it was a mistake to bring up the idea of praying for jacques but i understand his sentiment. other than that i thought that guy did a very nice job, i have never heard a minister get choked up before during a service.

then again i dont think i have ever heard a funeral service given by anyone that young before either so that may be it.

Thank Goodness for the favor of closure to be able to bury this child.

Thanks to the Vermont State Police, all LE and to the FBI for bringing this child home.

Even in such tragedy, the 'not knowing' where she 'is' would make it so much more tragic.

God Speed, Sweet Brooke.

The only people I recognized immediately were Brooke's mom and dad, but I took note of the minister urging the congregation to pray for the entire family ("dig deep").

I wonder how long it will take for the service to be put up on youtube.

The only people I recognized immediately were Brooke's mom and dad, but I took note of the minister urging the congregation to pray for the entire family ("dig deep").

I wonder how long it will take for the service to be put up on youtube.

I was wondering the same thing. I would like to see it from the beginning.

And I wonder about AR. Surely she is there?? I just wonder if this has all become very very real to her now...seeing it.

i dont know, with everything that is known now i really cant picture her being there. i know she is a victim too but im not sure it would have been a good idea for her to be there.

I know I asked this question already, but no one answered me, was Denise there?

I've never been to a closed casket...they are always open, at least the dozen or so I've been to.

At a funeral or a wake?? At a wake they are usually opened. They close the casket after the last viewing to prepare for the funeral.

Good post. I just had to post it again so that I can repeat it outloud to myself.

Thank Goodness for the favor of closure to be able to bury this child.

Thanks to the Vermont State Police, all LE and to the FBI for bringing this child home.

Even in such tragedy, the 'not knowing' where she would make it so much more tragic.

God Speed, Sweet Brooke.

I was wondering the same thing. I would like to see it from the beginning.

wcax.com says it will be up on their site shortly after it ends.

re: open/closed casket, hehe yeah thats what i figured ;) i just wasnt sure if there was some religion/custom i wasnt familiar with :)

i dont know, with everything that is known now i really cant picture her being there. i know she is a victim too but im not sure it would have been a good idea for her to be there.
Two innocent lives broken... how tragic.

is the casket ever open at a funeral service?

Depending on what the family chooses, the casket is sometimes, and (often in the South), open at the church or place where the service is held, until just prior to the beginning of the service. Also, it is sometimes again opened at the gaveside service, just prior to that service beginning.

Depending on what the family chooses, the casket is sometimes, and (often in the South), open at the church or place where the service is held, until just prior to the beginning of the service. Also, it is sometimes again opened at the gaveside service, just prior to that service beginning.

Really??? You learn something new everyday. I've NEVER heard of an open casket at a funeral.

wcax.com says it will be up on their site shortly after it ends.

re: open/closed casket, hehe yeah thats what i figured ;) i just wasnt sure if there was some religion/custom i wasnt familiar with :)

Thank you! Now if my kiddos will just let me watch it!

They are always open in our church, and my dad's was....and he was in a different state than Texas. Then they closed it after the funeral. Same for another funeral I went to last summer at the funeral home here in Dallas. Casket was open until they closed it up and took it to the grave.

Whatever --not arguing about that at all. Just interesting though how the services vary apparently.

I just wondered how bad Brooke's body was and it must have been bad. Poor baby.

At a funeral or a wake?? At a wake they are usually opened. They close the casket after the last viewing to prepare for the funeral.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back