Bruce Jenner Becoming a Woman and more...#2

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by Coldpizza, May 4, 2015.

1. Coldpizza

Coldpizza WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Please continue here

2. Loading...

3. Softail

Softail New Member

Bruce Jenner Is 'Transitioning into a Woman,' Source Confirms to PEOPLE

His changing look has been a much-buzzed-about topic for months, and now PEOPLE has confirmed that Bruce Jenner has been quietly making a very personal change. The former Olympian will soon be living life as female.

"Bruce is transitioning to a woman," says a source close to the family. "He is finally happy and his family is accepting of what he's doing. He's in such a great space. That's why it's the perfect time to do something like this."

http://www.people.com/article/bruce-jenner-transitioning-woman

4. Softail

Softail New Member

Bruce Jenner -- Decision To Become a Woman Made More than a Year Ago

Bruce Jenner's family is now regularly leaking out stories that have been obvious to all for quite some time ... that the Jenner patriarch is becoming a woman.

The latest leak is to "People," quoting a family source that Bruce is making the change. As we reported more than a year ago, Bruce underwent an operation called a laryngal shave, to smooth out his Adam's Apple, and at the time our sources were clear ... it was, as one put it, "one of the first steps."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/01/31/bruce-jenner-woman-transition-decision-transgender/#ixzz3QPGuHpWJ

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/01/31/bruce-jenner-woman-transition-decision-transgender/#ixzz3QPGllRss

5. Roselvr

Roselvr Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

Last nights episode had Bruce, Khloe & Scott riding dune buggy's; I wonder if he was coming home from it when the crash happened.

IIRC; this was talked about between Bruce & Brody last season & the end of the season before.

I watch KUWTK; I think the interview went really well. I can't even imagine how hard it was for Bruce to do it.

6. redheadedgal

redheadedgal Active Member

no. bruce had just picked up the db after allowing a veteran's group to borrow it. this info was included in the the early news reports.

7. redheadedgal

redheadedgal Active Member

re-posting from the previous recently locked thread:

was the prius driver "charged with anything"?

btw, in case it was missed (post 895)

she denied being in position to make a u-turn. she was headed towards zuma beach which is further west. there was a post on her fb page about this meeting according to published reports. so, making a u-turn on the pch before coral canyon road makes no sense...

coral canyon road sign @ http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/ass...blet-large.jpg
    map of malibu/zuma beach/pch @ https://www.google.ca/maps/@34.0180002,-118.8205529,13z

8. Roselvr

Roselvr Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

Thanks; I barely read anything about his accident

9. Cricket99

Cricket99 Active Member

Thank you for the new thread!

10. Nova

Nova New Member

On the previous thread, Starr asked what bothered me about Jenner in the interview. "Bother" is probably too strong a word (my fault--I used it first), because I just found him more defended than genuine. His dancing around labels seemed too coy (he has, after all, had plenty of time to decide how he will identify his sexual orientation post-transition). His ill-concealed glee that during all those years on the Kardashian show, he knew HE had the "real" story; he seemed to be taking undue satisfaction in having fooled us all. (Perhaps this was just a slap at the manufactured "reality" of such shows, but he didn't say that.)

The caginess about "Her" and her name, etc., all calculated, I'm sure, to entice viewers to his new reality series.

And his continuing identification as a Republican and apparent lack of concern for or interest in other transexuals, all while he has millions of dollars to protect him from the worst forms of discrimination. I'm not saying he doesn't have a right to the party of his choice; but I would have liked to hear him say something more thoughtful than "I've always been a conservative." (Yeah, Jenner, and you've always been a man, at least on the outside, too.)

I've probably answered my own question. He wanted publicity for his reality show, but he didn't want to give away so much info that viewers had no reason to watch it. That may well be why he seemed so insincere.

11. Cricket99

Cricket99 Active Member

Edited to remove post

12. Cricket99

Cricket99 Active Member

13. SophieRose

SophieRose New Member

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/tr...-grandpa-congressman-mike-honda-proud-n345731

When California Congressman Mike Honda tweeted a photo of himself on Twitter back in February, grinning next to his beautiful 8-year-old granddaughter Malisa, it went viral right away — and not just because it was cute.

"As a proud grandpa of a transgender grandchild," the eight-term Democrat wrote. "I hope she can feel safe at school without fear of being bullied."

With those words, Honda had chosen to make a private family matter very public.

14. Cricket99

Cricket99 Active Member

Thank you for the links - the stories are very interesting. Tonight the 1st part of the special with Bruce and the Kardashian side of the family (including Kendall & Kylie Jenner) is on. I will be watching.

15. Nova

Nova New Member

Sophie, I assume you are quoting, so my scorn is directed at NBC: Come on! Honda "chose to make a private family matter very public." How does NBC assume this "private family matter" could be kept private? Being transgendered isn't like being gay; one can't conceal it simply by being discrete in one's sex life.

But let's assume (wrongly) that a transgendered girl could pass as a boy throughout the years of transitioning without fear of discovery. There are consequences (sometimes fatal) for concealing one's physical gender: many transgendered persons have been killed when a boyfriend, girlfriend or other friends discovered they had been "deceived" (in their view).

This assumption that the "real" problem of sexual minorities is caused by their openness needs to stop. NOBODY ever blames heterosexuals for being openly heterosexual. At least not any more; there was a time when rape victims were very much blamed for "flaunting" their sexuality.

Honda "chose" nothing except to lovingly support his grandchild and try to protect her by refusing to treat the matter as a guilty secret.

(Again, SophieRose was just reporting the news, which I appreciate. My indignation isn't directed at her.)

16. SophieRose

SophieRose New Member

Yes I was just quoting the article. Mike Honda wrote an editorial piece on his granddaughter for the LGBT newspaper The Bay Reporter back in Feb. Such a wonderful loving family.

http://ebar.com/openforum/opforum.php?sec=guest_op&id=505

One day at preschool, a classmate asked Malisa why she liked to play dress up and wear "girl-things." Having overheard this conversation, her teacher was moved to tell my daughter about Malisa's perfect response. The teacher's voice, full of joy and admiration, relayed the conversation and said the confident response summed up what all people should want children to feel: "My mom says I can wear whatever makes me happy."

17. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Moderator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

18. BayouBelle_LA

BayouBelle_LA Well-Known Member

19. i.b.nora

i.b.nora I am polka dot

20. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

21. corundogs

corundogs New Member

I cannot believe what I am seeing.

He looks fabulous!!!!