Bruce Jenner Becoming a Woman and more...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It says they have no eyewitnesses to the contrary and it seems like they would have the photos by now.

It just seems so odd that both the Lexus and the Escalade rear ended right there---If it was just a regular line of cars at a red light----why would they have to stop so suddenly? Something was off about where she was stopped, imo. All of the early reports said she was stopped far back from the light.

And how did that Hummer gather enough speed to be going 50 if the light was just red when the impact of the accidents happened? It is hard for me to understand that.

It just seems so odd that both the Lexus and the Escalade rear ended right there---If it was just a regular line of cars at a red light----why would they have to stop so suddenly? Something was off about where she was stopped, imo. All of the early reports said she was stopped far back from the light.

And how did that Hummer gather enough speed to be going 50 if the light was just red when the impact of the accidents happened? It is hard for me to understand that.

Maybe the other side did not have as much traffic and I am not so sure that BJ didn't make the first hit.

COPS JUST SCORED CRITICAL CRASH VIDEO

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2015/02/1...police-fatal-car-accident-witnesses-paparazzi

We're told Sheriff's detectives are on the hunt for the people in the video because, among other things, they might have seen the Prius that was hit by the Lexus. Cops want to know if the Prius was stopped behind a long line of cars waiting for the light to turn green, or whether it illegally stopped for some other purpose.

We're told the actions of the Prius and Lexus drivers could have a significant impact on Bruce's culpability for the fatal crash.

It says she told them she was stopped due to a back up at a red light.

And it seems they have doubted that since the beginning of the investigation from what I've read.

JMO

http://m.ibtimes.com/bruce-jenner-c...as-killed-crash-had-suspended-license-1812540

"If the light ahead was red and traffic backed up, then it's hard to believe the Hummer would have come at a substantial speed, as it did," Sgt. Philip Brooks of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's office told Fox News.

http://www.smmirror.com/articles/Ne...-Malibu-Crash-Witnesses-To-Come-Forward/42635

Authorities said Howe's Lexus crashed into a black Toyota Prius whose driver had slowed or stopped several hundred feet before the PCH traffic signal at Corral Canyon Road for unknown reasons.
"She's not paparazzi, she was kind of unclear" about why she was blocking traffic, Brooks told CNS.

And it seems they have doubted that since the beginning of the investigation from what I've read.

JMO

http://m.ibtimes.com/bruce-jenner-c...as-killed-crash-had-suspended-license-1812540

"If the light ahead was red and traffic backed up, then it's hard to believe the Hummer would have come at a substantial speed, as it did," Sgt. Philip Brooks of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's office told Fox News.

http://www.smmirror.com/articles/Ne...-Malibu-Crash-Witnesses-To-Come-Forward/42635

Authorities said Howe's Lexus crashed into a black Toyota Prius whose driver had slowed or stopped several hundred feet before the PCH traffic signal at Corral Canyon Road for unknown reasons.
"She's not paparazzi, she was kind of unclear" about why she was blocking traffic, Brooks told CNS.

But now they say the light does tend to back up there. Hummer was traveling around 50 mph. I don't think it takes long to get to that speed.

As a layperson that has NOT taken classes from what I understand when done correctly CPR often cracks bones, so the thought of doing that to a stranger that may already have crushed ribs, internal bleeding etc...it is not something I would even consider.

If the trauma was so bad it killed them (and didn't just cause a heart attack) then the likelihood of reviving/keeping them alive long enough with CPR to get serious medical attention seems pretty darn slim, and may just cause more suffering while delaying the inevitable.

As far as lawsuits I thought there were "good samaratan" laws that protected lay persons as well as medical personnel that help out strangers.

I don't know about good Samaritans laws, but people still get sued. There was a lady recently sued for dragging another woman out of the car that crashed. You are not supposed to move someone with potential spine damage. So you never know.

As a layperson that has NOT taken classes from what I understand when done correctly CPR often cracks bones, so the thought of doing that to a stranger that may already have crushed ribs, internal bleeding etc...it is not something I would even consider.

If the trauma was so bad it killed them (and didn't just cause a heart attack) then the likelihood of reviving/keeping them alive long enough with CPR to get serious medical attention seems pretty darn slim, and may just cause more suffering while delaying the inevitable.

As far as lawsuits I thought there were "good samaratan" laws that protected lay persons as well as medical personnel that help out strangers.

Of course there are. But because they differ from state to state, not everyone is sure of how protected they would be. Some medical personnel will not help in this situation because they believe that they would not be protected if the outcome was bad. It is not the law I am referencing, but the perception of the law I was referring to.

On the one hand, better to have a cracked sternum than to be dead. On the other hand, as you have surmised and as I have linked earlier, cardiac arrest which occurs as a result of trauma is almost ALWAYS fatal and CPR is useless.

Yep.

Consider that in car wrecks there is often a whole lot of blood involved. People know that when they get up to their elbows in a stranger's blood, they are potentially vulnerable to some pretty serious diseases. The risk may not be as great as they imagine, but they are there. For this reason, it's understandable that a bystander, particularly one untrained in CPR, would not take it upon himself to start CPR at an accident.

Most states do not require bystanders to do CPR in this kind of situation, and I certainly wouldn't think badly of someone who hesitates to help. Most of them are not being heartless, they just don't feel competent or are afraid of the risk involved.

Just because he is an athlete has nothing to do with him knowing CPR.

Injuries require other types of assistance. Everything doesn't require CPR. I never suggested he could whip out an Xray machine and a catscan. Do you know that BJ can't perform CPR? What's the first thing you do when you're in or around an accident? You're not going to do anything? You're just being argumentative for it's own sake.

Being an athlete does not mean you know about internal injuries or or qualified to treat them. It's like the saying, "I'm not a doctor, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn once". Besides, Bruce being an Olympian was almost 40 years ago. Even those who are certified in CPR have to get recertified every few years...

I said he knows a bit, I'm sure he does. So what is the first thing you do when in or around an accident? Check your make-up? What doe's 40 years ago have to do with it? Having to get recertified doesn't mean they forgot how to administer CPR.

I said he knows a bit, I'm sure he does. So what is the first thing you do when in or around an accident? Check your make-up? What doe's 40 years ago have to do with it? Having to get recertified doesn't mean they forgot how to administer CPR.

You don't even know that he is CPR certified. If the woman had obvious chest injuries, it would not have been smart for Bruce to move her. Once again I'm going to re-iterate what I and other posters have been saying- an athlete/former athlete does not make a person a doctor/first responder, or even someone with medical knowledge. (experiencing injuries doesn't give one the knowledge of how to treat them). The first thing Bruce should have done was to call 911. Let the professionals handle it. His "makeup"/hormones have nothing to do with this accident. I was just waiting to see how quickly someone would insert that Bruce's sex change had something to do with this accident. And let's not even go there with speculation that Estrogen makes worse drivers!!!:hand:

And we don't know what actions he took or didn't take.

My opinion remains that I don't care WHO tried to help her. If she needed help I hope SOMEBODY helped her. I just don't know if checking a pulse or administering CPR would have helped at all.

I truly believe BJ is sick over this. And I don't think he's the type to just watch somebody die and go on about his day.

JMO

And we don't know what actions he took or didn't take.

My opinion remains that I don't care WHO tried to help her. If she needed help I hope SOMEBODY helped her. I just don't know if checking a pulse or administering CPR would have helped at all.

I truly believe BJ is sick over this. And I don't think he's the type to just watch somebody die and go on about his day.

JMO

To me it's a bigger concern that the nearest trauma center was 25 mi. away, but maybe nothing would have helped her at that point...

You don't even know that he is CPR certified. If the woman had obvious chest injuries, it would not have been smart for Bruce to move her. Once again I'm going to re-iterate what I and other posters have been saying- an athlete/former athlete does not make a person a doctor/first responder, or even someone with medical knowledge. The first thing Bruce should have done was to call 911. Let the professionals handle it. His "makeup"/hormones have nothing to do with this accident. I was just waiting to see how quickly someone would insert that Bruce's sex change had something to do with this accident. And let's not even go there with speculation that Estrogen makes worse drivers!!!:hand:

Quoting myself because of an amusing (at least to me) sidenote, but I didn't want to take away from my serious point: earlier in this thread someone referred to Bruce's "tranny". It didn't even dawn on me that they were calling him a transsexual, I thought they were referring to his car's transmission!!:doh:

To me it's a bigger concern that the nearest trauma center was 25 mi. away, but maybe nothing would have helped her at that point...

She was DOA. Dead on arrival. Which means even if trauma center was very close, it was too late, because she was already dead.

She likely had broken ribs on that side which caused her death quite quickly.
If ribs get broken they can puncture all sorts of things.
Bystanders likely walked up to a woman with a large hole in her chest that was obviously dead. :twocents:

She was DOA. Dead on arrival. Which means even if trauma center was very close, it was too late, because she was already dead.

That's what I suspected, and in all probability why CPR wasn't done. Her chest trauma was probably very obvious.
People are looking to find fault with Bruce here, and although he may have some culpability for hitting the Lexus, I personally think the victim and the Prius driver were more at fault.

Are Olympians somehow more often called to administer CPR than regular people? I didn't know that nursing skills were a requirement. Did Bruce ever have to revive his fellow athletes?

I haven't heard anything about victim's airbag not deploying. In fact looking at the photo of the Lexus after the collision with the Hummer, I believe I can see that airbag deployed. Unlike during the time she supposedly rear ended the Pirus before being rear ended by Jenner's car. When her car is colliding with Jenner's, the front end of the car doesn't look damaged and airbag hasn't deployed. But if you look at the vehicle after it collided with Hummer, the front end is extensively damaged and I believe I can see the airbag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288