Bruce Jenner Becoming a Woman and more...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never seen THE KARDASHIANS and only know of the show because it is often mocked on THE SOUP. I have no allegiance to anyone in the family, though I certainly was a fan of Bruce Jenner in the 1970s.

I think we should give Kris Jenner (that's the mother, right?) a break. While everyone is congratulating Bruce on his courage (I cannot even imagine the guts it takes to transition when you have been an American icon for 40 years!), we should remember there is no playbook for the wives of gay or transgender men. We applaud their husbands for coming out while their wives are left with questions such as "Why didn't I know?" and "Was s/he was attracted to me because I'm not feminine enough?" and "What do I tell the children?" and "How do we refer to her now?" and "Will our children be bullied at school?", etc. and so forth.

Jenner was married three times. It doesn't sound to me that he told either wife before the marriage he believed himself to be a woman.

In the interview, Bruce acknowledges that he told none of his wives about his gender identity issues before the marriage. He admits this wasn't fair.

I wouldn't blame a woman for being very upset if her husband decided to transition to being a female. She might still love the soul inside the body, but if she is not sexually attracted to her spouse as a woman, it would be impossible to remain happily married imo. I don't think I could do it.

Bruce's ex-wife talks about how he "came out" to her when their kids were 3 and 18 months old.

Wow...I think I would want to kill a man that told me that right after I had two kids with him. But stranger yet, she said he started taking hormones and growing breasts when she was married to him. If that is true then Kardashian had to have known all along.

Thompson also reveals how Jenner did what he could to change his appearance at the time.

“Poor Bruce began the process of having electrolysis performed on his heavily bearded face. He then began having the hair on his chest removed. One excruciatingly painful hair at a time was targeted by an electrical current. Unimaginable. Bruce began to grow breasts as a result of the female hormones he was injecting,” she reveals.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-ne...marriage-transgender-ex-husband-bruce-jenner/

Bruce's ex-wife talks about how he "came out" to her when their kids were 3 and 18 months old.

Wow...I think I would want to kill a man that told me that right after I had two kids with him. But stranger yet, she said he started taking hormones and growing breasts when she was married to him. If that is true then Kardashian had to have known all along.

Thompson also reveals how Jenner did what he could to change his appearance at the time.

“Poor Bruce began the process of having electrolysis performed on his heavily bearded face. He then began having the hair on his chest removed. One excruciatingly painful hair at a time was targeted by an electrical current. Unimaginable. Bruce began to grow breasts as a result of the female hormones he was injecting,” she reveals.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-ne...marriage-transgender-ex-husband-bruce-jenner/
He stopped taking hormones.

Hmmmmm......just watched Dr. Drew

Body dysmorphic disorder

Body dysmorphic disorder, is a disorder that involves belief that one's own appearance is unusually defective and is worthy of being hidden or fixed. This belief manifests in thoughts that many times are pervasive and intrusive.

en.wikipedia.org

So much of his identity is as a macho man and fathering children. How with that affect him being a woman? I don't get it. I feel sorry for the kids. I have a feeling it will be too hard for him to change his genetalia. I think this too shall pass. I think it will be too upsetting for the kids and he can still be transgender without the surgery. His son, Burt had an interesting tweet that he later deleted. Something like "now you support him" Ha!!!

Body dysmorphic disorder

Body dysmorphic disorder, is a disorder that involves belief that one's own appearance is unusually defective and is worthy of being hidden or fixed. This belief manifests in thoughts that many times are pervasive and intrusive.

en.wikipedia.org

This might be part of the reason he has no ability to describe who he is other than "woman" and has no insight into his own sexual orientation (and I really do think it's NO insight because he doesn't even entertain the thought that if he is a woman and he is sexually attracted to women, he would be a lesbian. Instead, he shuts that down with calling himself asexual).

I also don't think he'll go for genitalia surgery and it may be just as well because I'm of the opinion that he has had very little or no counseling, no contact with other transgendered persons, and I actually was feeling during the interview that they weren't making a distinction between a man who likes to cross-dress and an actual transgendered person.

They're 2 completely different things and I was really feeling like he's very focused on the appearance or the clothing and being able to wear that in public. Cool, that's fine---but that doesn't make him transgendered.

It can't possibly be that he's unaware of that difference, but the interview was so confusing it sure seems that way. A transgendered person coming out as a woman would definitely want the correct pronouns used and he seems unbothered by this--even specifically stated that he wants "he" and "Bruce" used at this time. This doesn't sound at all like he's accepted himself as a woman.

Body dysmorphic disorder

en.wikipedia.org
I didn't watch Dr. Drew, but body dismorphic disorder and gender identity disorder are considered two different disorders. Peopel with body dismorphic disorder don't feel like they are a different gender, they feel there is some flaw in their appearance.
Bruce Jenner feels he is a female, which would classify under gender identity disorder.

"For example, a person who has a penis and all other physical traits of a male might feel instead that he is actually a female. That person would have an intense desire to have a female body and to be accepted by others as a female."
http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/gender-dysphoria

I don't think so because we have a WSer who sees him out and about and he wears nail polish while dressing as a male.

Sorry. I know what he said. I think he was talking about his life as a whole. He's sort of "in the middle" of transitioning right now and may leave the nail polish on, but I'm sure that's a very recent development.

So much of his identity is as a macho man and fathering children. How with that affect him being a woman? I don't get it. I feel sorry for the kids. I have a feeling it will be too hard for him to change his genetalia. I think this too shall pass. I think it will be too upsetting for the kids and he can still be transgender without the surgery. His son, Burt had an interesting tweet that he later deleted. Something like "now you support him" Ha!!!

Bruce Jenner is now divorced from first two wives, and I believe in the process of divorce from the third. Each wife had 2 children.
He told neither one before marriage about his gender identity issues. Mybe it's understandable in first marriage, but what about the other two? He kept on doing the same thing, even after his gender identity issues contributed to his first and second divorce, by marrying yet another woman and not telling her before hand he believed himself to be a female.
Sounds like once he divorced two first wives, he had almost no contact with his and their children.
I just don't see much to admire, whether he is transitioning into a female or not.

I had long heard he had almost no contact with the older kids from his other marriages, but I always thought there was some post-divorce bitterness and maybe that's why. The 2 women he married before Kris sound like extremely understanding and warm-hearted people - they've also kept his secret all these years too, so it couldn't have been them that kept him away from his own children.

I don't know, the more I read, the more I get the feeling that no matter what gender he is, he's not really the "nice guy" he always portrayed himself as. I could see some of it in KUWTK, he would throw little hissy fits when things weren't to his liking, but this business with not seeing the older kids and continuing to have children with a 3rd wife....meh I'm not impressed.

And second wife said she did not ask for alimony or child support. So did he give her anything. He really just walked away. Seems more to the story as to why he had so little contact with his older children.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/linda...r-linda-thompson_b_7080918.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

I may be the only woman in the state of California to have waived child support and alimony. But when Bruce and I divorced, that's what I did.

Seems he's upset...going to sue over the long range rag mag photos of him in the stripped dress...
S/he is extremely passive aggressive.
Look at me, look at me...don't look at me ( unless I get paid & show you the dress!)
I found him a narcist in the Sawyer interview. I agree with previous posts, he never mentioned others. All about him...and to comment about another post, I think the overdone dermabrasion around his plumped lips makes that strange thing happen when he talks.
Lastly I disliked the way Sawyer worked in the vehicular manslaughter as a quick side note that this happened post interview. Whew. Got that out of the way.
I noticed the way Bruce pounced with a cackle that there are ways around having to wait the full year to have the reassignment surgery. It left me with the sinking feeling that he thinks he can get around anything. I don't like him/her/whatever.
JMO

I agree.

Let's just say my opinions after I saw the interview were vastly different from most on social media, I'm glad here at Websleuths people are allowed to have different opinions than the majority. While still respecting other opinions.

There were things that struck me. He seemed so confident and almost arrogant at times, but yet on the inside he has this inner struggle (which yes I do believe he has struggled internally).

However, I was expecting something, anything, just a tiny acknowledgement of the larger transgender community and how much they struggle. I realize this interview was about him, yes I do. But yet at the same time he made sure to many MANY times how he wants to "change the world," how he is doing all of this to "help people," and how he is hoping some good can come of this for others.

If it were a slightly less arrogant person, I think they would have said something like, I'm not here to speak for other transgender people, this is just my own journey and I can only speak to that. There are MANY PEOPLE WHO HAVE SUFFERED A LOT MORE THAN I HAVE. There are people who have been bullied, beaten up, shamed, and even killed for just being who they are. So I don't pretend to speak for others, I am only conveying what I have gone through. My heart feels for them, my heart breaks for them.

Yes he did say a whole lot of I, I, I, me, me, me. How about for one minute acknowledging the poor souls who have literally spent every night crying themselves to sleep, who went through years and years of being bullied at school and other places? Those are the people I feel sorry for, not so much Bruce Jenner.

The part where he called out his former Russian competitor for being fat, "overweight" he said with a laugh and out-of-shape. Hello, you are really saying that in the very same chair you are admitting you are in the process of becoming a woman? I thought that sort of unguarded moment showed some of his true character.

The interview was not about the plight of transgender people in America. It was about Bruce Jenner and Bruce's story. Hence, all the I I Is and me me me's are eminently reasonable. He also said:

“I am not a spokesman for the community,” Jenner says, but there’s a lot to talk about — murder, suicide, hate crimes, job discrimination, and many more horrifying statistics.

Finally, I know a few people in the trans community and what I have seen from their posts and responses from the trans community at large, they were thrilled about Bruce's interview and found it revolutionary.

Lastly I disliked the way Sawyer worked in the vehicular manslaughter as a quick side note that this happened post interview. Whew. Got that out of the way.

JMO

What else was she supposed to do? The accident happened after the interview took place. His lawyers are going to argue vociferously that he not discuss this prior to the settlement of any criminal/civil issues. Basically all she can do is mention that it happened and give any response he has to it, which she did. At any rate, this was an interview about his gender identity issues, not a show about his life in general or an investigative report looking to find fault.

Bruce thinks we women just sit around in our glam rooms and do our hair all day long. Oh, in heels and a dress, of course.

Bruce thinks we women just sit around in our glam rooms and do our hair all day long. Oh, in heels and a dress, of course.

Unless he's planning on becoming a hairdresser, if that's all he thinks of womanhood, he's in for an awful lot of boredom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk