Found Safe Bryson Thibodeaux, 9, autistic-like behaviour/runaway, Evangeline Parish 28 Dec 2018 *Arrests*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by yrmfp, Dec 29, 2018.

1. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

Awesome!!! He is receiving medical attention which is also amazing. So if he is malnourished or anything that can be addressed as well. Absolutely perfect so glad he was found before morning!

Steelslady, altissima, Lato and 4 others like this.

2. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Great news!

Steelslady likes this.
  3. yrmfp

yrmfp .

Update on where/ how he was found.
    For those that cant view it, he hid under a house and then snuck inside and hid under a bed. A man heard noise under his bed when going to sleep last night and ran out to flag someone down to check it out...it was Bryson

margarita25 likes this.
  4. perfectingpink

perfectingpink Well-Known Member

5. yrmfp

yrmfp .

6. perfectingpink

I am thankful this little guy was listened to and hopefully will now have a safe and happier life.

j_in_c, mpnola, margarita25 and 5 others like this.
  7. perfectingpink

8. bevyofbagels

bevyofbagels Active Member

I suppose now it's in keeping with forum rules to say this: I had a bad feeling about this from the start and was surprised this little guy turned up alive; not so much that the parents were arrested. There is small for ones age and then there is this. This seemed very unlikely to be due to a condition.

9. bevyofbagels

bevyofbagels Active Member

Also, the 'autism-like characteristics' make me wonder if he was emotionally and physically abused too, or isolated from other people, or denied human contact, which could have disrupted his social development in a way that was confused with (or presented as) autism spectrum. Makes me scared to think what all this poor kiddo has been through :( that, combined with his tiny size set off alarm bells straight away.

(And even if he is legitimately autistic, we all know disability is a risk factor for abuse)

JEMB135 and thesensitivechild like this.
  10. perfectingpink

From link:

[....]

Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services were immediately contacted after noticing how malnourished the juvenile appeared to be and his home living conditions, the EPSO spokesman said.

[....]

11. thesensitivechild

thesensitivechild Well-Known Member

So glad they looked into the parents. This boy was afraid and knew he had to get out. I’m glad he was able to stay warm under the bed and that authorities are properly reviewing his living conditions and the family. The weight is just too low. My guess is he was being abused in some capacity and got out while he could. Smart and brave. So grateful he is okay!!!

12. yrmfp

yrmfp .

Bizarre twist: Old human skull found in search for missing child

KATC has confirmed via two independent sources that an old human skull was found in a barn yesterday during a search for a missing child.

We’re told the skull is very old, and was found by people searching the area for the missing boy. We’re working to get more information from the Evangeline Parish Sheriff’s Office on the find. We don’t have any confirmation of who owns the barn or the property it’s on; it is located approximately a half of a mile from the child’s home.

13. GuyfromCanada

GuyfromCanada Well-Known Member

Evangeline Sheriff: Bryson Thibodeaux, sister found living in horrible conditions, malnourished

A Chatagnier couple has been charged with cruelty to juveniles after sheriff officials say their two children appeared malnourished and that the children's home living conditions were unkept.

"We have been told that police found that home deplorable and inhumane," said one neighbor , who did not wish to be named.

"Excuse my French, but some are saying those kids were sleeping in piss and feces on a mattress."

:mad:

14. GuyfromCanada

GuyfromCanada Well-Known Member

perfectingpink likes this.
  15. 2Hope4

2Hope4 Well-Known Member

What a brave little boy! He very possibly just saved his life, and his siblings. I wish them both all the happiness and success in their future!

16. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

Thread for the Unidentified Remains: LA - LA - Evangeline Parish, Skeletal Remains in a Shed, Prairie Rhonde, Dec 2018

JEMB135 and margarita25 like this.
  17. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

(Wow, I’ve actually talked about this with or Late Great @Foxfire, about how wild it is when other remains are found during a specialized search, I just even posted about this the other day! @Foxfire said this is not that uncommon.

—-

Here’s the UID thread for the skull found during the search for Bryson:

LA - LA - Evangeline Parish, Skeletal Remains in a Shed, Prairie Rhonde, Dec 2018

ETA:I see @Gardener1850 I already posted the UID link, sorry for the duplicate)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    Gardener1850 likes this.
  18. FrostOwl

FrostOwl Well-Known Member

19. perfectingpink

20. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

perfectingpink likes this.