BSL - Evidentiary Hearing, Friday, Aug 17, 2012, 10:00 A.M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That wording: "she jumped up" doesn't ring true to me. From accounts I've read where a victim has been stabbed and is feigning death in order to escape, those victims don't jump up and attack, they lay motionless, until the perp. leaves the area.

The wording almost makes it sound like the perp. is saying she attacked him, in order to say somehow she is involved--"life-threatening injuries".

Grrrr.

The injuries he got apparently weren't life threatening enough to keep
him hospitalized for several days.

I want to know HOW he got her in the truck. Even with a gun pointed at her, I think she would have run in the other direction or something. He probably got her in the truck the same way he got the missing girl in Texas in it. I mean how do you get someone against their will into your truck and then have time to throw her bike in the back? Then walk around to the driver's side and get in. She would have had time to get out. I'm thinking stun gun? Ideas?

the parents said there was no way that she would ever have been persuaded into the truck that she must have been unconscious and put in it. they said Mickey wouldn't even have gotten into the sleight with Santa. So she must have been forced. There was nothing said about her being knocked out though. But a semi-automatic in your face will do wonders I'm sure though.

He needs something more than Angola.
His time in the "spotlight" isn't over I'm sure.

Probably says "I am sorry I had to kill your daughter but she sprayed me with mace and stabbed me so I had to protect myself or she wa going To kill
me."I am noticing a habit of RSO's never accepting responsibility.

BBM Speaking of not accepting responsibility...I found the wording in the plea concerning Lisa Pate to be further insulting to the Pate family. On page 4 of the plea document it states...

"The Defendant and his counsel, affirm and agree that the Defendant shall voluntarily, knowingly, and understandingly plead and consent to the imposition of a sentence of life imprisonment without benefit of parole, probation, or suspension of sentence, though he may be unwilling or unable to admit his participation in the acts constituting the First Degree Murder of Lisa Pate. The Defendant has intelligently concluded, and his counsel agree and recommend, that his interests require entry of a guilty plea and the factual basis contains strong evidence of actual guilt." BBM

Where as the plea concerning Mickey on page 10 states that...
"The Defendant affirms and agrees that he is, in fact, guilty of the First Degree Murder of Michaela Shunick."

IMO he must have felt smug to not "admit" to Lisa's family what he did to her.

My heart is again full of prayers of peace for all of these families including his who have had to endure so much pain. May healing now begin for them all.

http://www.katc.com/files/lavergne%20statement.pdf

Heaven joins me and others this afternoon as the sky opens over the city of Lafayette and many tears are shed over the ending of the physical lives of Lisa and Mickey, two young women who could have had full, wonderful lives ahead of them.

Peace and comfort to all the families involved at this time as they have all
lost a family member that they loved and all are hurting. May our God bestow upon them and us the strength and power to love the unlovable and find it in our hearts to pray for mercy and forgiveness for Brandons soul, that he may repent and ask for forgiveness. The same God many have been praying to tells us it is easy to love the lovable like Mickey but oh so much harder to pray for the unlovable like BSL. as I read recently on a billboard -a church is a hospital for those who need healing, not a courtroom.

We can't undo what BSL has done but we can educate people on how to be safer, alert, and aware. We can teach people that even though others may bully them and reject them that there are people in this world who have love and compassion in their hearts. We can work together to help other families in need, not just the ones who remind us of our own. There are many people
out there who have lost people they loved to violent crimes.be a support person for them, lend a helping hand.

May Mickeys memory bring warmth to the Shunicks for many years as I am sure Lisa's did for her family.

'Excellent from the heart comment, Boudin'. We can't fill the hole in the Shunick & Pate family's hearts. Only Mickey & Lisa can do that...
But we can join the many genuine folks that join the families of the missing/ murdered and offer our expertise and services. Whatever that may be..

There is a silent epidemic of missing & murdered persons across the US.
There has been many able bodies and minds on this thread since 05/19/2012..
If Mighty Mickey could sacrifice her precious life. The least we could do is contribute..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W44Ndo0mm4"]I'm Your Angel - Celine Dion - YouTube[/ame]

Have you ever been waiting for an elevator trying to go down, and you just take the one going up to ensure a spot going down?

After leaving the hearing I waited for the elevator. The first one loaded up and I had to wait for the return. When it came back, it was headed up, so I jumped on. Then in comes the prosecution team. Doors close and I'm listening and feeling the vibe.

I said "awesome job guys!" They all smiled, joked and were very jovial. Discussed the caseload in front of them, basicially indicating no rest for the weary. They get off on the 5th or 6th floor, doors close, elevator heads back down with just me.

Next stop 4 floor again, in comes the defense team and the Judge. I felt like the proverbial fly on the wall! The judge looked around and said "That went well!" And the defense team knodded. That was the consensus on the elevator today at noon.

And as Paul Harvey used to say "And that my friends, is the rest of the story!"

I find it odd that he went to the cemetery initially with the intent to bury her, then realized his wounds were too severe or painful to get it done. SO he hides her under some branches along a tree line. Then returns with the intent to bury her. We can't know everything, but its odd that he was so determined to get her buried. I wonder what this says about him. He could have tucked her away in the tree line as he did and just left it at that. But no, he returned. Furthermore, I find it totally nuts that he dumped the bike at Whiskey Bay at 11am. Per ChickenFried, that HAD to be difficult with fisherman and the heavily trafficked interstate right above. No matter how many answers there are, we will always have more questions. Sigh.

"My courageous child faced down a monster, and now I think I can face down the monsters too, and so can you" Nancy S.

Perfect.

I don't read "enticed" the same way. Enticed means the same as "charmed," for all intents and purposes. Having a gun or knife pointed at me is not an enticing sight. Looks to me like they're not sure of the method, or that they are misusing the word, "enticed," and meant to say, "coerced."
-------

I'll bet they labored over that wording for awhile...

http://www.katc.com/news/lavergne-transported-to-angola/

Only hours after pleading guilty to the murders of Lisa Pate and Mickey Shunick, Brandon Scott Lavergne is in the Louisiana State Penitentiary. Officials in the Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office confirmed deputies transported Lavergne to Angola shortly after this morning's hearing. According to the Louisiana Automated Victims' Notification System, Lavergne was released into the state's custody at 1:27 P. M.
:jail:

Amanda McElfresh ‏@TDAMcElfresh
Post from Charlie Shunick on Facebook: "Mickey, you did not go quietly into the night."

He should be passing through here any minute now.

"My courageous child faced down a monster, and now I think I can face down the monsters too, and so can you" Nancy S.

Perfect.

Wow. Amazing woman and family.

For those who missed it, please click this link and listen to the statements from Josh Coen, Charlene Shunick, and Nancy Rowe Shunick. Listen to their grace, and wonder at the resilient, beautiful qualities of the human soul....

I don't read "enticed" the same way. Enticed means the same as "charmed," for all intents and purposes. Having a gun or knife pointed at me is not an enticing sight. Looks to me like they're not sure of the method, or that they are misusing the word, "enticed," and meant to say, "coerced."

Agreed!

Mrs. Shunick did say afterwards that there was no way she was enticed into the truck.

I find it odd that he went to the cemetery initially with the intent to bury her, then realized his wounds were too severe or painful to get it done. SO he hides her under some branches along a tree line. Then returns with the intent to bury her. We can't know everything, but its odd that he was so determined to get her buried. I wonder what this says about him. He could have tucked her away in the tree line as he did and just left it at that. But no, he returned. Furthermore, I find it totally nuts that he dumped the bike at Whiskey Bay at 11am. Per ChickenFried, that HAD to be difficult with fisherman and the heavily trafficked interstate right above. No matter how many answers there are, we will always have more questions. Sigh.

Yes, especially since he was so ready to just dump her in the field initially like he may have done with others. I speculate that he felt he needed to hide the body after shooting her with a gun that could be traced to him.

Actually, I always left a large percentage open that it was a daytime drop for the bike. The area is just isolated. Not very far from the side of the exit that the fishermen frequent, but isolated nonetheless. As I had said, I could have exited I-10 - thrown the bike in the water - and been back on I-10 in about 6 minutes flat.

'You're in good company, danzn16 '

http://instagram.com/p/NZnPRjR1ja/

they only thing about concealed carry is that you're not allowed to have a weapon on college campuses. was the area she was on or traveled through considered campus? if so then she wouldn't have even been able to have it, legally. just another example of how criminals don't care about laws (felon with a fun in a school zone) and it just puts law abiding citizens in danger. i know that's another issue in and of itself but just thought i'd address it since so many have stated they wish mickey would have had her concealed carry.

In a pool of tears right now - no words - just full of emotion - I've cried so hard since reading all the details that I nearly threw up. Just feel so proud of Mickey, and I never even met her - so I know Nancy and Tom must feel the same way multiplied by a million. My prayers for Brandon to shine the light of truth on these crimes and give a full confession have been answered. Thank you God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288