BSL - Evidentiary Hearing, Friday, Aug 17, 2012, 10:00 A.M.

Discussion in 'Mickey Shunick' started by bessie, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donamena

Donamena Former Member

He was nothing special. He came in, looked straight ahead at the young criminal court clerks in front of me, & then turned. He never turned towards Mickey or Lisa's families. I didn't realize I was on the side he & his attorneys would sit. I just wanted a better vantage point.
    I don't know how to measure evil. I once had the distinct displeasure of sitting across a desk from the leader of a Guatemalan death squad. Flat affect. Cold eyes. Nothing remarkable. But a seething undercurrent of evil. I didn't find out what this man was till the next day. Then I ran looking for the idiot who made me talk to him.

As I said before, I don't know what I expected seeing BSL in the flesh. I didn't realize how little & pathetic he was. But that's in a courtroom full of hostile people. He diminished. He's only strong when he's around a woman he thinks he can control.

Thank you, Mickey, mighty you certainly were, ever.

2. jarabie

jarabie New Member

I can't imagine the horror she must have felt. Her poor family having to read that must have been heartwrenching. How can we ever begin to move on? This has happened so close to home for many of us. The child of our neighbors, people we went to school with, worked with, saw driving around town did this. Can we ever heal and trust again? There are no words that can describe how I feel.

3. FOTOBUG

FOTOBUG New Member

True cc. Just wonder why the docs @ oschner did not insist he be admitted. With pain that great ....... And he was driving back to laf ?

4. Lera213

Lera213 New Member

ktgirl, I thought all the same as you have posted. I didn't think of it as an attack on anything about MS but rather historical facts and the point being that the confession while based on fact, we cannot fully trust a murder's words as Gospel. Most confessions by killers are self serving if not all in some aspects. And I too believe that she was passed out via her initial stab wounds, and this is when he put her in the truck. My instinct or gut tells me as he attempted to do something to her (I'll say it) rape, that is when she woke up, felt her hand for the knife and found it. The rest is history.

MS was a hero, she endured what no person should have and she fought hard, that is a fact. The rest we can only go off of prior historic RSO's that kill and their MO to compare and that is all my mind did and yours. It is logical a thinking process. Do not apologize for that. I thank you for your post!

5. Crimson clover

Crimson clover New Member

I have noticed...members with Louisiana ties...speak freely, openly, 'tell it like it is'! Then, we do not hesitate to apologize...should we have offended anyone!

6. Donamena

Donamena Former Member

Looks like cat piss. From a sick cat.

7. jarabie

jarabie New Member

I don't know what he/she meant. I know what you and others are telling me he/she meant. I admit to being sensitive concerning this event. I'm still shocked at finding out it was one of our own who committed these crimes.

Your empathy for Cynthia is consoling to some, I'm sure. I would hope that no other mothers have to feel like Micky, Lisa, and Brandon's mothers felt. Unfortunately, I don't think this is the end.

Cynthia does need support. His entire family does. And even though Micky's parents received support from the local and national community, I'm sure her pain is overwhelming. It's something she will have to live with the rest of her life.

8. Donamena

Donamena Former Member

They were only required, by law, to stabilize him. Believe me, I worked there for @ 10 yrs. anything life threatening & he would have stayed. I got sick one Mardi GRAS & woke up in a hospital bed w/ my friends giving me grief. Then I had to go to work downstairs.

9. RWRNHZ40

RWRNHZ40 New Member

A statement from Mickey's mother, posted on the Find Mickey Now, Search Resources Group

"In these past months all three of my beautiful children have never stopped impressing me with their strength.
    The child who is able to speak in public stands in front of me and speaks to the press and the public when I cannot speak.
    The child who is shy stands behind me and keeps me from falling when I can no longer stand up.
    And Mickey.
    We started calling her “The Mighty Mick” at a few months old; pretty soon it was always “The Mite” or “The Mick”.
    From this day forward, we go back to “The Mighty Mick.”

Rest here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/360477814006959/

10. Allusonz

Allusonz New Member

There is another option here which would be that he did not disclose the way things actually went down. This is his version only, some of which cannot be confirmed.

Only Lisa Pate and Mickey Shunick could discount some portions of the version given.

11. jujube

jujube Member

The chances of BSL being in the general population are almost nil. He's confessed to 2 first degree murders so forget about him being made someone's plaything.
    Maybe BSL's attorneys told him to use life threatening because by a legal definition, it seems to fit:
    A life-threatening injury is defined as an "injury involving a substantial risk of death; loss or substantial impairment of the function of a bodily member, organ, or mental faculty that is likely to be permanent; or an obvious disfigurement that is likely to be permanent."

Her dad said today they expect to have her back next week.

I don't know any of the people involved but I can say that my prayers are with BSL's family as much as they are with the Shunicks and Pates. It's a terrible tragedy for all of the family members.

12. jarabie

jarabie New Member

That is pretty much how Cajun's are. LOL Very few people are ever left wondering what a Cajun feels when communicating with him. We are also a very warm and caring people. I would say forgiving but obviously it is too soon for many people to even begin that part of the journey, if they ever can.

Of course I'm not speaking for all Cajuns but what I have said appropriately describes the ones I know. And particularly those of my age.

This has been, in my memory, the most horrid of crimes here, committed so many years apart. BSL's family is part of our community which makes it that much more shocking. And the speculation that more victims are to be uncovered is more than we should have to take.

We feel deeply for the victims and their families. That is why it is so painful for so many.

13. FOTOBUG

FOTOBUG New Member

I am still reading to catch up but keep wondering who the witness was that was supposedly to testify today ?? Maybe that was just a rumor ? Can anyone clear that up for me please ? Thanks !

14. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Will LE details come out now, about what, if anything, was found at his home? I am wondering if they actually found anything tying him to Lisa and/or Mickey, or just decided to go ahead with the GJ for Lisa again, based on the similarities.

15. RWRNHZ40

RWRNHZ40 New Member

It was BSL himself; just changing his plea to guilty.

16. HouDat

HouDat Prominent Member

I've been pondering the larger question along these lines for the last couple of hours now.

Will LE disclose what evidence they had? The items they confiscated from his home (as suggested above)? The footage from TDA? The transcripts of witness interviews? Phone records? GPS records? The contents of his cellphone? The details of how he got from the site of the burning truck back to where he was staying in the Houston area? And so on.

17. SteveP

SteveP Well-Known Member

Bumping and editing my own post from August 8...

To all of you who joined WS because of Mickey, and especially the locals, who must have felt the pain even moreso than those of us many miles away. Thank you for all of your dedication and love you showed during the past few weeks, doing all that you could to find Mickey and see that her murderer was found and held accountable. Whether you posted many times a day, only a few times, or never at all, just being here shows your heart for this. As we all deal with our many feelings of anger, grief, and even some relief that Mickey has at least been found now, and her murderer has been sentenced, let us not forget that there are many others on these many threads, and sadly, will be many more. I have been following Kelli Bordeaux's case since the beginning some three and a half months ago (she has still not been found and no suspect has been charged). I hope that you will stay and let your devotion continue to be a voice for the missing. I feel honored to have "met" you all.

18. FOTOBUG

FOTOBUG New Member

I was under the impression it was going to be his sister yo testify but cannot say where i read that. Anybody else under that impression or was that just rumor ?

19. Allusonz

Allusonz New Member

Yes it can if factual information comes to light that can be proven that his version of events were not accurate.

20. redcrow

redcrow New Member

I agree with that wholeheartedly. My gut tells me there are victims out there that have yet to be found. I certainly hope LE pursues any and all leads...

Blessings to the Shunicks and soar, Angel Mightly Mick... :angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.