BSL - Evidentiary Hearing, Friday, Aug 17, 2012, 10:00 A.M.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't followed this case as closely as you all, but reading the developments from today, I am so proud of Mickey. What a fighter she was. She gave everything she had to that monster and he didn't win.

May God bless her family.

looking back at the disclosure documents, I see "on or about May 20 the defendant made statements to G.C." I'm guessing this person is his NOLA friend

They were only required, by law, to stabilize him. Believe me, I worked there for @ 10 yrs. anything life threatening & he would have stayed. I got sick one Mardi GRAS & woke up in a hospital bed w/ my friends giving me grief. Then I had to go to work downstairs.

Just to bring to remembrance the police report from the night BSL was being treated for those wounds...
http://files.wafb.com/lavergne.pdf (Scroll down,first page is blank.)

Last page...
Third paragraph from the bottom states...
"I then spoke to the medical staff assigned to (name blacked out)who advised that his injuries are "NON LIFE THREATENING" and that he will be released from the hospital shortly."

Different than what we were told to believe today. Interesting, I thought it had to be the truth to plea? Hmmm?

I have noticed...members with Louisiana ties...speak freely, openly, 'tell it like it is'! Then, we do not hesitate to apologize...should we have offended anyone!

I must tip my hat to all of the LA locals on this forum....you are a remarkable bunch. I loved hearing about the "cajun-net" and French words. Mostly, I find your sense of loyalty, commitment, and compassion refreshing. Seriously, you guys/gals rock!

And also, may the souls of the victims find peace.

i am very glad for the work of the prosecution and whoever else had a hand in getting BSL to confess, possibly even the defense - according to Clay's statements made today.

however, i don't find the "Statement in Support of Plea" very eloquent. I was not going to comment on that until I ran across the use of the word "enticed". Ahhhh! It is VERY hard for me to "forgive" their use of that word.

C'mon people, she did not get into that truck willingly!! Everything we know about her speaks exactly the opposite quite loudly!! Even before knowing all of the details, I didn't think that she would have gone into that vehicle willingly. No smart, strong willed Cajun woman would. Even at gunpoint and or knifepoint, I don't think she would have gone in. I think he physically forced her in kicking and screaming.

I know that I would not have gone in at gunpoint. No way! They teach you these things. NEVER GET IN! NO MATTER WHAT HE THREATENS!! She knew that.

I just wanted to clear that up because as a mother, it would piss me off to have people thinking that she was "enticed". Ughhhh! I am so glad Nancy was able to clear that up on the air. Still, I want to further emphasize it.

:rant:

And, I clearly heard Mickey's mom say that Mickey wouldn't even get into Santa's Sleigh!

426678_455421184491446_1635488657_n.jpg

I am home now, too, txlams.I don't know if you are referring bout me. Dont matter. Somber and speechless. My gut hurts and I did not expect this tortured feeling. I only want to comment at the moment on Mrs. Shunick. I eyed her more closely than anyone...drawing faith and inspiration. The hero, the butterfly, the mighty Ms. Mickey...so easily reflected in her mother today. Also...on the Brandon Lavergne right side of the courtroom, with 3 front 'family' rows reserved...no one. I am literally quite sick right now.

Crimson Clover, i can only imagine. My gut hurts and I wasn't even there. Mrs. Shunick is such an inspiration to all mothers. I am a mother and I am in awe of her poise, even at this most difficult time. So strong, no doubt Mickey inherited her strong will and courage to fight from her. My heart goes out to the Shunicks, and I pray they find peace some way after this horrible tragedy. Mickey will never be forgotten. RIP Mighty Mickey!

Wow! Mighty Mick got coverage all teh way in the UK!

Its amazing how a foreign country with no knowledge of the area or person's named, can get all the fact correct but our own local media couldn't even get the spelling of the names right.

Crimson Clover, i can only imagine. My gut hurts and I wasn't even there. Mrs. Shunick is such an inspiration to all mothers. I am a mother and I am in awe of her poise, even at this most difficult time. So strong, no doubt Mickey inherited her strong will and courage to fight from her. My heart goes out to the Shunicks, and I pray they find peace some way after this horrible tragedy. Mickey will never be forgotten. RIP Mighty Mickey!

Sista Sleuth...:welcome4:

Everything that went down today was a tragedy for all. Unfoutunately BSL will not go directly to general population. He will be in somewhat protective custody until they decide what unit he will be placed in. (hoping he goes to camp J). Back to my original question - where, when and by whom did he acquire the gun???? My father was a P&P officer so I know all about possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. That in and of itself is grounds for revocation! He had help and no one can convince me otherwise. Gun shops and pawn shops are way too careful who they sell to - cause they know it's there behinds and loss of their business if they screw up.

A couple observations on the Agreement. Seems clear that this only involves LP & MS and that any additional victims are a "new matter".
Best line: he shall remain imprisoned for the rest of his natural life.

Attnys, Judges and other professionals need to improve their penmanship to the point where their signature is legible.

Thanks for the link on this MamaRoux.

Everything that went down today was a tragedy for all. Unfoutunately BSL will not go directly to general population. He will be in somewhat protective custody until they decide what unit he will be placed in. (hoping he goes to camp J). Back to my original question - where, when and by whom did he acquire the gun???? My father was a P&P officer so I know all about possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. That in and of itself is grounds for revocation! He had help and no one can convince me otherwise. Gun shops and pawn shops are way too careful who they sell to - cause they know it's there behinds and loss of their business if they screw up.

I have been wondering all day who else knew he had a gun. I don't believe no one knew. If anyone did know, I hope they are arrested and charged.

Hummell - breaking news; BSL pled guilty to murder, both Pate and Shunick! Result of plea deal from prosecution. Prosecution gave evidence and statements signed by BSL. Details very graphic and very grim.

Shunick - followed down St. Landry street, struck her while on bike bw Dean and Coliseum; threw MS; entered Z71 truck; had knife on him and sen-automatic handgun. Had some sort of altercation. Tried to call 911 with cell. sprayed BSL with mace. Did try to fight him off. Stabbed her several times. Drove to cane field in North Acadia parish; planned to dump body in cane field. Mickey jumped up, regained control of knife and stabbed him several times. BSL shot her once in head, killing her.

My god. You monster.

Poor Mickey.....
This has me in tears and sick to my stomach. To think that she fought so hard. Her poor family... I don't know how they can deal with it.
What makes these monsters think that it is okay for them to do this to someones child?

Awe, jarabie...I felt the same way you did when you read HouDat's post. I knew this day would come...Church Point, BSL, Church Point, BSL...Forever linked. It kinda p's you off to think of it that way. Trust me, please, I know.
But, I defend HouDat, in that he clarified BSL's hometown...and rightfully so. As a CP native, I felt no offense to its people. I guess 'turd' was un-called for, but I've called him much worse. I judge BSL by his actions, and his actions alone.
As a newbie here at this site...I lurked and lurked silently. Amazed at the thoughtful responses of God, Christianity, love of fellow man. Ok, I can hang here! Although the venom is spewed (equally by yours truly), I feel, IMO, the sleuthin should continue. For continued justice...

Guess, as we can't pick our family, towns such as Church Point also can't pick their residents. Although I prefer to think of BS Lavergne as the everywhere man, & the nowhere man..
BSL's new permanent residence; 'Angola State Penitentiary', was arranged by Mickey Schunick...

Crimson clover, sexual predator/serial killer investigations are marathons, can last for years, and are seldom sprints. We aren't going anywhere..

On the Find Mickey Shunick Now page it states that after 3 months of what seemed like a never ending struggle, she's home. Does that mean the family finally has gotten possession of her body? Or just that they know her story? I know her mom said last week they were told it could be weeks to months before her body was receive. And her dad said today that they were expecting her next week. Wonder if today was the day?

So glad to hear he has plead guilty to both murders saving the families further agony.

I just read this article about how much Mickey fought for her life I knew she did already because of his injuries.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-stabbed-attacker-desperate-fight-life.html

R.I.P Mickey and Lisa and hope any other victims are found and justice is served.

Scene: The badly decomposed body was found earlier this week next to jewellery and clothing

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...acker-desperate-fight-life.html#ixzz23s0oyFvC

I sit here and have been thinking about Mighty Mickey all day. Literally, I have been thinking of her for over 12 hours today. I lit a candle for her and for Lisa. My thoughts an emotions are all over the place. I keep thinking of those empty rows on Brandon's side of the courtroom and it does make me sad for him. I cannot imagine my own son pleading guilty in court to 2 counts of first degree murder. I simply cannot imagine. I think that I would have been there, though. I am not judging his family for not being present. I do not know them or their reasons for not going today and they don't owe me an explanation. They absolutely had the right to not go. I feel sympathy for Brandon Lavergne. No where near the amount of sympathy that I feel for Lisa Pate's children that had to grow up without their mother, or Mickey's family who are just good people. You can just see that about them. They are honest and good. They raised 2 strong daughters and a son. Brandon's decisions have massive impacts on so many of his victims families and I am sad about that. Zack Shunick should have been celebrating the end of high school, his achievements and his graduation. Instead, that day will always be DAY ONE. Day one of Life without Mickey. She never made it to her "big" birthday- she would have been 22 on the 22nd. She never got to complete her anthropology degree. She'll never get married, have kids, or anything else she planned for her life because it was taken from her. Some of you are of the strong opinion that Brandon confessed to save himself from the Death Penalty. He probably did. But even with selfish intentions, he told where she was. She gets to come home and have a proper burial. I cannot handle the questions I yearn to know so I am letting it go. I do feel sad for the man who did these evil things. I wonder why? What made him do it? What made him so different than most people? As a mother, my heart breaks for Lisa's mom, Nancy Shunick, and for Cynthia Lavergne. I hope that the amazing people in this great state that I am so proud of, will hold Cynthia tight and comfort her as well. She is not
to blame for Brandon's choices. She and the rest of his family are victims as well. I do not wish Brandon harm at Angola. I do not wish for his death. I do hope that he is remorseful and that he thinks of his victims every time that door locks behind him. I hope that he does reflect on his life and those he took life from and that he truly feels remorse. That won't help his victims. It won't help their families. But he has to live the rest of his life at Angola and there IS justice in that. I'm rambling because my thoughts are everywhere. I have to stop the images in my head and it's hard to breathe when I think of how scared Mighty Mickey was in those last hours. I am glad that she didn't go quietly and I hope that now she is at peace forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay