BSL - Evidentiary Hearing, Friday, Aug 17, 2012, 10:00 A.M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd also like to note how eerie I find it that search HQs were SO CLOSE to where we eventually find out he abducted her...she could see the place where thousands would eventually gather to help find her when she was snatched by this cowardly .

I am sure this has been posted here already, I'm a few pages behind but I'm posting it again anyway: Per KATC:
Only hours after pleading guilty to the murders of Lisa Pate and Mickey Shunick, Brandon Scott Lavergne is in the Louisiana State Penitentiary. Officials in the Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office confirmed deputies transported Lavergne to Angola shortly after this morning's hearing. According to the Louisiana Automated Victims' Notification System, Lavergne was released into the state's custody at 1:27 P. M.

Thank you Bessie, to all the dedicated mappers, sleuthers and concerned human beings who rallied to bring justice for the Mighty Mickey. There are no words, only prayers for all concerned.

In peace and Light,
Trish

No worries, Isabelle, I am confident that there will be more prosecutions..

We know he can't keep his mouth shut to his prison pals. Only a matter of time until he tells a friend about the others...

I have to wonder if Mickey even noticed him tailing her...why else would she continue on to an area that she knew to be dark and deserted if she thought he was following her instead of turning off into one of the residential areas around there? Maybe she had her headphones in and did not notice him behind her. I also find it odd that the people at Circle K did not notice his sudden change in direction (plea documents say he was in the far lane and quickly crossed the lanes to make the turn onto St. Landry after he saw Mighty Mickey cross over University on St. Landry).

How tragic that she would still be alive and well if she had left Brettly's just minutes after she did...or if she had gotten one of those stab wounds in a slightly different spot to cause him to bleed out.

At least he will have to think about her every time he looks in the mirror and sees the scars that she gave him. Good for you, Mickey - I hope he is haunted by you for the rest of his life.

He will never forget what you did to him, and we will never forget that your last courageous fight on this Earth stopped him from hurting any other innocent victims. RIP Mighty Mickey.:heartbeat:

I think BSL confession is self serving to himself. There is no way he mentioned RAPE of any kind but rather stated that LP went with him willingly. His only thought to confess was his time he will serve in Prison! IF in there for Rape, he has a problem, if in there because a chick did him wrong, he won't be hated but revered. MOO

After watching the video of Hope in Angola...I think firefox posted the link...Angola prison isn't as bad as its reputation states. It use to be bad but after watching that video it is clear to me that he had on his mind to enter that bible study course while in Jail. They get air condition, sit in class all day, go to church a few times a week, and one guy who was in Angola for a 50 year sentence was released after only serving 12 years because he did so well in the "Bible Study Class" My thinking is BSL had all this in his mind when he confessed. He was looking out for number 1, himself! He has no remorse, if he had, he wouldn't have harmed any person let alone go out and stalk for a stranger.

The only hard time in Angola he will serve is no air condition when he sleeps. MOO

If I had known it would be so empty I would have gone! I figured it would be packed!
Actually was probably for the best as I developed a bad stomachache and became nausea just reading it. :(

I had no problem getting in at all. It didn't really fill up until about 9:40ish. There were no lines, no congregations, nothing.

They had extra security at the hearing today... really, I understand that an officer can't just reach out and shoot this SOB - but do we really have to go the extra mile for this ? He has murdered at the least two girls and for that we will now, as a society, pay for his room, board, cable tv, education, food, and apparently his security. THIS MAKES ME SICK! He should NEVER have had a second chance - NEVER!

I read that he was the one who wanted to make a deal after seeing Mickey's sister on tv. He wanted to give the family closure. Odd, he didn't want to give them closure when he went back to bury her, when he burned up his truck, when he destroyed evidence, when he saw the ongoing anguish and pain and searches - no, only when he saw Charlie from his jail cell - only when he knew he was probably facing the death penalty. Please don't anyone make the mistake of thinking he did this for Mickey's family. He destroyed her family - and he came clean to save his own scared a%$.

and to think I waited hours after I read about the hearing, so I could calm down, before I posted anything...

Question- we know from documents released last week (I think) that LE got a warrant to obtain the OnStar info for both DWT (the one he killed Mickey in & the replacement).

Why weren't they able to tell from OnStar info that BSL had taken her to the cemetery & then returned and buried her if he went in his truck (which it sounds like he go in the truck- he had Mickey's body in his truck while he went home & then went by the cemetery)?

Was he able to dismantle his OnStar before he went to the cemetery (or did it get busted somehow during the struggle w/ Mickey in the truck) hence the "my GPS is broken so I stopped to ask for directions" story to the cop in NOLA?

Just seems like they wouldn't have needed BSL to show them where the body was if they had his OnStar info for the night & days after he took Mickey.

(I am also thinking that the only thing that might help Texas LE find Ali - if he took her - is his OnStar records from around that time....unless he was to confess).

Question- we know from documents released last week (I think) that LE got a warrant to obtain the OnStar info for both DWT (the one he killed Mickey in & the replacement).

Why weren't they able to tell from OnStar info that BSL had taken her to the cemetery & then returned and buried her if he went in his truck (which it sounds like he did- he had Mickey's body in his truck while he went home & then went by the cemetery).

Was he able to dismantle his OnStar before he went to the cemetery (or did it get busted somehow during the struggle w/ Mickey in the truck) hence the "my GPS is broken so I stopped to ask for direction" story to the cop in NOLA?

Just seems like they wouldn't have needed BSL to show them where the body was if they had his OnStar info for the night & days after he took Mickey.

(I am also thinking that the only thing that might help Texas LE find Ali - if he took her - is his OnStar records from around that time....unless he was to confess).
Because LE wasn't on to him until after he burned the truck...like a week after!

it amazes me that many take his confession as absolute truth. Now MS stabbing him, him shooting her, stabbing her, hit bike with truck is probably true, but the other stuff he spun to his own desire, he was thinking about his stay in prison.

10, 15 years from now, he will be a model prisoner once again, he will have privileges, and I wouldn't put it pass him to even be released to go iron a warden's shirt or two. /sarcasm

I don't believe this plea was about anything other than avoiding the DP.

If he really had some sort of sincere moment of shame, regret, etc...he would be admitting to other crimes, if he has others, and giving other families peace. I am not 100% convinced as yet that he has gotten away with more murders, just because I think he is stupid. But if he did and was truly feeling anything akin to remorse, he would be confessing to more.

I think Ali's case is a possibility, although it should be simple enough to determine if he was in the area at the time and hopefully, LE knows at least this much by now. I have followed and posted on her case from the start, and never heard anything of significance about any witnesses. Too bad the info was not put out there sooner. If it was BL, even if they did not catch him, he might have been spooked enough not to attack and murder Mickey.

Because LE wasn't on to him until after he burned the truck...like a week after!

But I think the warrant would have allowed LE to see the info OnStar had previoulsy collected in their central database (or whatever it would be called) and be able to tell from that where all he went, etc. in the hours/days after Mickey went missing. Unless he had managed to disable it somehow or it somehow became disabled during the altercation with Mickey in the truck, I don't get why OnStar wouldn't have been able to tell them he went to the area by the cane field, then home, then to the cemetery, then WB, then NOLA, then home, back to cemetery, etc. based on what they would stored in their system.

I believe (from what I've read here) that his movements pre-burning the truck would be stored by OnStar and that's what the warrants were for....I could be completely misunderstanding that OnStar stores all this info/records somewhere other than just in his car (like a central database).
I hope that makes sense.

I'm so glad she fought like a tiger. Even though she didn't win the fight for her life......she has, without a doubt, saved the life of any future victims from the Lafayette lunatic!

(and.....finally....she wasn't under the truck in front of the Circle K!!!!!!! :banghead: )

Mike steele with wafb tv baton rouge news @ 6:00 pm, reported that bsl was taken directly to angola today, following his court appearance. I have not quite caught up reading, so this may have already been revealed. Haven't heard or read this anywhere else.

Mike steele with wafb tv baton rouge news @ 6:00 pm, reported that bsl was taken directly to angola today, following his court appearance. I have not quite caught up reading, so this may have already been revealed. Haven't heard or read this anywhere else.

Oh yes, he was checked in at Angola at 1:27 this afternoon.

I think Ali's case is a possibility, although it should be simple enough to determine if he was in the area at the time and hopefully, LE knows at least this much by now. I have followed and posted on her case from the start, and never heard anything of significance about any witnesses. Too bad the info was not put out there sooner. If it was BL, even if they did not catch him, he might have been spooked enough not to attack and murder Mickey.

Respectfully snipped by me.

IF he killed Ali, I hope there's more evidence than two witnesses seeing her talking to a guy in a truck with a partial license plate # matching BSL's vehicle at the time to link him to it. You can't charge him with kidnapping/murder just for being in the area or stopping his truck & talking to Ali (although when you combine it with his previous crimes, we all know that 1+1=2 if he was indeed stopped in his vehicle talking to her, but I just don't think it alone is enough to bring charges).

As long as Ali's case has gone on with little happening - unless maybe her body is found with his DNA somewhere on it (unlikely after all this time) or some of the women's items in his home were hers (I'm not sure even that alone is enough to convince a grand jury or jury- although it would convince the heck out of me), I am not sure he'll ever be held responsible for Ali's death (IF he did it) because I'm just not sure enough evidence there is. Unless he confesses. And I'm not sure anyone would confess to a murder one that occurred in Texas - I'm not sure they wouldn't take the death penalty off the table in exchange for it.

I hope IF he is responsible for Ali's death, there's a ton of evidence LE is just now on to aside from the truck with matching partial plates being in the area. Or he confesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member