Building explodes in Harlem NY 3/12/14

CNN reporting that President Obama has been briefed.

Is that normal?

(sorry, no link 'cause it's a live report)

JMO

I wish those people had called 911 instead of the gas co because they would have told those people to get out of the bldg. imo

I wish those people had called 911 instead of the gas co because they would have told those people to get out of the bldg. imo

I agree. Happened in my old house in Ky. The recording on the phone said that if I smell gas to leave my property and call from a safe place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard they had been working on the gas lines there earlier this week/last week... on CNN earlier. Anyone else hear that?

New Yorkians... New Yorktians... New Yorkers....?
Are still suffering from PTSD from 911. I'm sure a lot of things reminded them of it. Explosion, fire, smoke, building collapse...

18 injured, 2 dead

Still people missing, will search when it is safe

Over 250 firefighters

Indication of danger came about 15 minutes prior to blast (call about gas leak)

A special hotline will be set up for families. For now, call 311 for info

Eyewitness News ‏@ABC7NY · 6m
Official: 9 people are not accounted for as of right now #EastHarlemExplosion

I live on the Upper East Side ( neighborhood bellow East Harlem), and heard the fire trucks heading up Park this morning.

The buildings in that area are mainly old walkups that are only 4 or 5 floors. Hopefully, not many people were home.

I may get hate for saying this, but...
The reason I suspect the president was informed has to do with the neighborhood that this occurred in. East Harlem, for the most part, is poor, unsafe, etc. Mayor De Blasio is very liberal & adamant in pushing a certain agenda.

New Yorkians... New Yorktians... New Yorkers....?
Are still suffering from PTSD from 911. I'm sure a lot of things reminded them of it. Explosion, fire, smoke, building collapse...

I think many of us still are. I'm having symptoms as we speak (seriously).

I am always suspicious when the news reports that 2 FBI AGENTS were injured in the harlem blast who just happened to be there on something unrelated. Say what?

I live on the Upper East Side ( neighborhood bellow East Harlem), and heard the fire trucks heading up Park this morning.

The buildings in that area are mainly old walkups that are only 4 or 5 floors. Hopefully, not many people were home.

I may get hate for saying this, but...
The reason I suspect the president was informed has to do with the neighborhood that this occurred in. East Harlem, for the most part, is poor, unsafe, etc. Mayor De Blasio is very liberal & adamant in pushing a certain agenda.

President Obama has responded to and cared for the people of many areas hit with disaster.

He has responded and given help and comfort to victims of all degrees of wealth, many different states, all over this country. No matter who they were.

Searchers Scour Rubble After Gas Explosion Kills 7

Rescuers working amid gusty winds, cold temperatures and billowing smoke pulled four additional bodies overnight from the rubble of two Manhattan apartment buildings, as the death toll rose Thursday to at least seven from a gas leak-triggered explosion that reduced the area to a pile of smashed bricks, splinters and mangled metal.

The explosion Wednesday morning in East Harlem injured more than 60 people, with searchers still trying to locate others a day later. Crews used generator-powered floodlights and thermal imaging cameras to identify heat spots — bodies or pockets of fire — at the site on Park Avenue and 116th Street. Police guarding the scene wore surgical masks and neighborhood residents covered faces with scarfs amid the thick, acrid air.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/nyc-fire-dept-responds-report-explosion-22874959

Does anyone remember the young woman on CNN yesterday, she had just left for classes iirc, and she remembers smelling the gas in the hallway. They showed her being put on a stretcher to go to the hospital because she was so distraught and I have worried all night about her and if her husband survived. I hope he is one of the 60.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back