Burke and the Nintendo

Well, I guess we are showing that this could be another lie from the Ramsey's.
Also, John Ramsey may have felt the need to change the story from Burke playing with the Nintendo to Burke playing with the model, if something had happened between JonBenet and Burke and the Nintendo.
IF Toltec's theory is right, that is a BIG reason to not mention the Nintendo being played after they got home that night.

In the least I would think there would have been an argument over Burke wanting to try out his new game console. Is it possible he got to play it earlier at the party? A boy that age would not be able to sleep without trying out that gift.
Seems more likely if John were to stay up with Burke doing anything it would have been to set the console up in Burkes room for him. Then of course Burke would have turned it on after lights out and played to his hearts content, likely with his sister watching or joining in.
Also those games can frustrate kids. JonBenet may have wanted to play and threatened to tell on him if he didn't let her. An altercation could have insued. A cord around her neck and a slam into something hard during the scuffle would be all it would take for the parents to assume she had died from the cord and want to hide it with a garrote. I don't get the paint brush handle assault unless they got up alot of nerve to really try to make it look like a predator.

capps said:
I'm not sure I know where this is going?

Why do you think John would feel the need to change the story from playing with the Nintendo to building a model?
Well I think herein lies one of the problems - i.e. that there remain many unanswered questions.

I didn't realise John had CHANGED his story. I thought he had always said that Burke was playing with a model. No-one is suggesting that he changed a story here. Do you know something?

We are musing about Burke playing with a model when he received the hottest toy of the decade just a few hours previously. Why? Was the Nintendo confiscated (perfectly straightforward reason). However, the Ramseys don't appear to have said anywhere that they stopped Burke from playing with his Nintendo that night. Several of us have sons who received Nintendos that year and we all agree that they practically had to be surgically removed days later!

I believe that John Ramsey has lied about several things that Christmas. I think he's an arrogant man who took on a "Let me do the talking" kind of attitude. I think he told the police what HE believed they needed to know and lied about the rest because he thought it was irrelevant to the case or nobody's business. Perhaps he wanted to keep Burke out of the investigation completely? I'm not suggesting he did that because Burke was involved in the murder (I don't believe he was) but he may have decided that Burke didn't need to involved.

Jonbenet was fast asleep - really "zonked"
Patsy went to bed early and was fast asleep when John went to bed
Burke played quietly with a model for a short time before going to bed
John slept soundly because he took a sleeping remedy

All very convenient such that no-one had much of a story to be interrogated about.

However, there are many holes in John's version of events.

Rupert said:
John told the police that they were working on a model. But you think he was lying because that will fit a theory that Burk got mad about his nintenda being taken away and thus he did the deed?The perp was very, very sinister or it was an accident with the weirdest coverup in history.
It may be unlikely - but are you saying it is impossible?

Jayelles said:
Well I think herein lies one of the problems - i.e. that there remain many unanswered questions.

I didn't realise John had CHANGED his story. I thought he had always said that Burke was playing with a model. No-one is suggesting that he changed a story here. Do you know something?

We are musing about Burke playing with a model when he received the hottest toy of the decade just a few hours previously. Why? Was the Nintendo confiscated (perfectly straightforward reason). However, the Ramseys don't appear to have said anywhere that they stopped Burke from playing with his Nintendo that night. Several of us have sons who received Nintendos that year and we all agree that they practically had to be surgically removed days later!

I believe that John Ramsey has lied about several things that Christmas. I think he's an arrogant man who took on a "Let me do the talking" kind of attitude. I think he told the police what HE believed they needed to know and lied about the rest because he thought it was irrelevant to the case or nobody's business. Perhaps he wanted to keep Burke out of the investigation completely? I'm not suggesting he did that because Burke was involved in the murder (I don't believe he was) but he may have decided that Burke didn't need to involved.

Jonbenet was fast asleep - really "zonked"
Patsy went to bed early and was fast asleep when John went to bed
Burke played quietly with a model for a short time before going to bed
John slept soundly because he took a sleeping remedy

All very convenient such that no-one had much of a story to be interrogated about.

However, there are many holes in John's version of events.

And here's another:

John took JB upstairs and put her in the bed.
Patsy then came in and did the clothing exchange. (not John)

It appears to me that they are covering all bases.

Quote from Jayelles:

Jayelles,

I was not stating a fact,I was questioning.

It seems to me,the gist of the posts in this thread, is that it seemed odd that BR was playing with a model and not the nintendo,and perhaps John may be lying.

This led me to a general,curious, question of, IF this may be true,what would be John's purpose for possibly lying,or possibly changing the story.

I've brought up the Nintendo64 theory a while back, and how it played into the murder of JonBenet.

Burke did play his Nintendo Christmas day with all his buddies from the neighborhood. JonBenet was sitting outside of Burke's room playing with her jewelry maker. Patsy said she sat down with JonBenet for awhile and played with her.

What is strange here is that JonBenet had no female friends to play with. The boys were in Burke's room playing Nintendo and poor little JonBenet sat outside his door....probably was not allowed into Burke's room???

Anyhoo....my theory is that Burke went into a rage when JonBenet yanked the Nintendo controller from it's console and ruined Burke's game.

Yanking the controller out doesn't ruin the game nor does turning off the tv. You just plug the controller back in or turn the tv back on. The game stays right where it was.

capps said:
Quote from Jayelles:

Jayelles,

I was not stating a fact,I was questioning.

It seems to me,the gist of the posts in this thread, is that it seemed odd that BR was playing with a model and not the nintendo,and perhaps John may be lying.

This led me to a general,curious, question of, IF this may be true,what would be John's purpose for possibly lying,or possibly changing the story.
And I offered a suggestion - supreme arrogance. A desperate and egotistical need to control the situation by a self-made millionaire who had friends in high places and didn't want to lose them. Find the killer and leave the Ramseys alone - "we were all asleep and know nothing". Putting the Ramseys some distance ABOVE a sordid murder investigation.

How many times have we seen on tv dramas where a group of people agree amongst themselves to "know nothing" if the police ask?

The simpler the scenario, the easier it is to stick to stories. What could be simpler than "we were asleep"?

tipper said:
Yanking the controller out doesn't ruin the game nor does turning off the tv. You just plug the controller back in or turn the tv back on. The game stays right where it was.

Perhaps today's games do that, however, I verified with my sons and they all agreed that with the N64, if one yanked the plug...the game was reset.

I remember more than once walking into a room where my sons were playing N64, stepping over the game to put away clothes, and accidentally knocking the box or pulling the cord out, and them loudly whining that I had messed up the game....just of course when they were about to conquer something monumental.

Nehemiah said:
Perhaps today's games do that, however, I verified with my sons and they all agreed that with the N64, if one yanked the plug...the game was reset.

I remember more than once walking into a room where my sons were playing N64, stepping over the game to put away clothes, and accidentally knocking the box or pulling the cord out, and them loudly whining that I had messed up the game....just of course when they were about to conquer something monumental.
Funnily enough, I checked this with my son too. He only got rid of his N64 last year! He said that it depended if you pulled the plug on the controller or the console. If the controller was pulled out, a message came up on the screen saying to put the controller back in and the game was unaffected. However, if the console was unplugged, the game was aborted.

However, Tipper seems to be suggesting that only the latter would spoil the game. I think it would be pretty annoying to have the controller snatched away - thus interrupting the game/concentration/excitement etc. It depends on your definition of "spoiled".

Jayelles said:
It may be unlikely - but are you saying it is impossible?
With so little blood in the cranial injury (barely a teaspoon), I think the garrote came first. I think it is very highly unlikely that BR did that because the garroting was tortuous and vicious. I just don't see how anyone could get so mad to kill after someone takes their Nintendo away.

And why would it be so strange to want to play with another Christmas gift?

Now, if the blow did come before the garrote, I think it would have taken a large powerful person to wield such a forceful and accurate blow to the head; not little BR. However, has this ever been really tested by a smaller person (I mean with a coconut)? It would of course also depend on the type of "blunt instrument" used as well. Impossible? No.

I find it strange that no artifact in the washroom has ever been pin pointed out by Thomas that could have caused the cranial damage. I tend to think it was the maglight flashlight.

I don't know what to make of the lying, obfuscating,... Maybe they are; maybe they aren't. Maybe it's just the way things unfolded given the fact that the R's were apprised by their lawyer friend early on that they would automatically come under suspicion.

Rupert said:
With so little blood in the cranial injury (barely a teaspoon), I think the garrote came first. I think it is very highly unlikely that BR did that because the garroting was tortuous and vicious. I just don't see how anyone could get so mad to kill after someone takes their Nintendo away.

And why would it be so strange to want to play with another Christmas gift?

Now, if the blow did come before the garrote, I think it would have taken a large powerful person to wield such a forceful and accurate blow to the head; not little BR. However, has this ever been really tested by a smaller person (I mean with a coconut)? It would of course also depend on the type of "blunt instrument" used as well. Impossible? No.

I find it strange that no artifact in the washroom has ever been pin pointed out by Thomas that could have caused the cranial damage. I tend to think it was the maglight flashlight.

I don't know what to make of the lying, obfuscating,... Maybe they are; maybe they aren't. Maybe it's just the way things unfolded given the fact that the R's were apprised by their lawyer friend early on that they would automatically come under suspicion.
You agree that it's unlikely, but you have not stated whether it was impossible. Do you think it was impossible?

"What's odd about wanting to play with another gift?"

Do you have a son who is into computers? There was hype for months about the N64. This wasn't just any old computer games machine. It was called the N64 because it had 64 bit graphics which meant it was faster and more realistic than previous game machines. Games were going to be even more exciting. AND they could save the games on a little card which inserted into the console. This meant they could rise to even higher levels than before. What were the games that year - Super Mario Brothers? Sin City? I don't know if that's correct.

The point is, kids all over the world were desperate for it. They all wanted it but there weren't wnough to go around. Patsy managed to get one for Burke and he would have had it for just over 12 hours when he came back from the White house that day. I just don't believe that any kid would have voluntarily laid the N64 aside and decided to play with a model instead when this wonderful machine was beckoning. I do think it's feasible that the Ramseys put a restriction on it, but they haven't said that anywhere.

The N64 had a big hold on a lot of kids. They would happily play it through the night. Computer games are a problem. I have pupils who admit to staying up very late playing games and then they are sleepy in class next day. There have been a couple of times when I've been concerned enough to contact parents

I really don't think the N64 plays into JonBenet's murder that much, as I highly doubt Burke killed her. I have an easier time believing John Ramsey may have lied about Burke and he assembling a model, and I further assume that if he did, it was merely to make the Ramseys appear to be more of a tight-knit Christian-values-based family. They look more like a family that would in no way be involved in their daughter's murder if they are spending their evening doing models together instead of playing video games.

I am just having a conversation with my son and his friends about this (they are sitting here right now wondering why I am asking these questions!). Their unanimous opinion is that the N64 was *the* "most hyped up console of all time" because it was the first one with 3D graphics. The Playstation 2 follows a close second.

They are all saying "No way" would anyone who actually got one, voluntarily choose not to play with it later in the day.

Jayelles said:
I am just having a conversation with my son and his friends about this (they are sitting here right now wondering why I am asking these questions!). Their unanimous opinion is that the N64 was *the* "most hyped up console of all time" because it was the first one with 3D graphics. The Playstation 2 follows a close second.

They are all saying "No way" would anyone who actually got one, voluntarily choose not to play with it later in the day.
I agree with you! Video games are addictive and that's the exact reason I refuse to buy one for my kid.;)

Jayelles said:
You agree that it's unlikely, but you have not stated whether it was impossible. Do you think it was impossible?
Okay, NO. Not impossible.

Jayelles said:
Do you have a son who is into computers? There was hype for months about the N64. This wasn't just any old computer games machine. It was called the N64 because it had 64 bit graphics which meant it was faster and more realistic than previous game machines. Games were going to be even more exciting.

..... The point is, kids all over the world were desperate for it. .....

I just don't believe that any kid would have voluntarily laid the N64 aside and decided to play with a model instead when this wonderful machine was beckoning.
I'm listening and you got me thinking again of one of my previous posts:

http://websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/f-34/t-24102
"I always wondered about the "B" in SBTC and thought it could be a "3" with a line drawn after for disguise. After some searching, I found out that in 1996 NINTENDO incorporated S3TC texture compression technology and dramatically improved their graphics performance. Someone who knew Burk and JAR might also have played Nintendo, like any other male adolescent. Who knows?"

The S3TC texture compression helped produce the N64.

But would BR really be aware of that or would that come from someone older and even more into Nintendo. Someone who also liked pineapple?

Maybe one can make connections between Super Mario and some of the kidnap faction crime movie themes.

tipper said:

Wrong tipper....it does ruin the game. I still have a Nintendo64 and yanking the controller does end the game.

And another thing about this N64....the first game produced was Mario64. Navigating the controller and game took lot's of practice in the beginning. Lot's of frustration too....

Toltec said:
Wrong tipper....it does ruin the game. I still have a Nintendo64 and yanking the controller does end the game.

And another thing about this N64....the first game produced was Mario64. Navigating the controller and game took lot's of practice in the beginning. Lot's of frustration too....
Perhaps it depends on the game.

http://cheatyourgame.com/cheats_nintendo_64/Quest-64.htm

Super Agility

Take Brian to a large area where you can not be attacked by any monsters. Start Brian running in small circles and while running unplug your controller. Brian should still be running in circles. Now if you didn't know, running raises your agility, so just before you go to bed start Brian running in circles, turn off the tv and let him go loose all night!. When you wake up your agility should be super high. If you want it higher, repeat!

Jet Force Gemini cheats, codes, hints, FAQs: Nintendo 64
Cheats, codes, hints, and FAQs for Jet Force Gemini (Nintendo 64). ... If you
want more players, unplug a controller, move it to another port, and repeat. ...
www.gamewinners.com/n64/JetForceGemini.htm -

When Burke was sent over to the Whites', he took the game along. I've always wondered how he could be interested in even the hottest game in the world at such a time if he knew his sister had just died. He was there when they brought the body upstairs, correct?

Could he understand?

We're ourselves FORGETTING a detail here and there, and we haven't just lost a child, so we may as well remember they may have just forgotten instead of deliberately lying. I like to see both sides of a thing.

Shouldn't Burke have been too upset to play with a game, or was it like when grieving people bury themselves in their work to keep their minds off a death?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back