Burke Files 150 Million Dollar Lawsuit Against Werner Sptiz???

Discussion in 'JonBenet Ramsey' started by Tricia, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Miz Adventure

Miz Adventure New Member

If BR did have to appear in court, would he have to answer specific questions about the night his sister died, or would all that would be required of him would be to say "I did not kill my sister and you cannot prove that I did" (or words to that effect)?

2. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

Miz Adventure,
    Sure, Spitz's attorney could put his theory to BR in the form of a question and answer dialog, but BR can simply do what the R's always do, i.e. invoke memory loss, or blame someone else.

It would not look good, but I doubt any heavy blows would be landed on BR. BR's attorney would also be objecting and citing case law, etc.

Something to anticipate if it happens though?

3. HarmonyE.

HarmonyE. New Member

He absolutely will have to testify under oath if he wants his lawsuit to move forward. His attorney can object to questions, but there will be no judge present during the deposition, just the attorneys involved, Burke, and a court reporter. These days many depositions are also filmed. Objections are noted, but the questioning will continue. So, yes, he'll be asked all sorts of questions about that night and he will need to answer under pains and penalty of perjury. Whether or not that means something to a Ramsey is another question. But refusing to answer direct, relevant questions will badly damage his case and possibly lead to an outright dismissal by the court.

Can't stress enough - Burke has to do the proving here. He has to prove the plaintiffs intentionally lied with actual malice to even get to the damages phase of his case.

4. SuperDave

SuperDave Former Member

Wow, you know you're in trouble when Aphrodite Jones is the most reasonable person on your panel!

Why does anyone have John San Augustin speak on this case for any reason at this point? Some of us are quite aware of what kind of "investigation" he conducted in this case: the same kind he's under indictment for in Texas. He's a liar. He's a bad guy. I hope he goes to prison, God help me.

5. Rott Mom

Rott Mom Active Member

Wait...Did I hear correctly??? BR's fingerprints were found on the flashlight? Hogwash - NO prints were found on the flashlight. Good for you, Dr. Oz - another sell-out!!!

6. Rott Mom

Rott Mom Active Member

Forgot to add - get your facts straight, Dr. Oz. Unbelievable.

7. kanzz

kanzz kanzz=kansas

Bingo, SD!

San Agustin - certainly not an unbiased reporter, but rather a paid member of the RST.
    https://www.bustle.com/articles/183...vestigator-has-some-important-theories-on-the

Sleeze-ball. I hope he sees prison time.
    http://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/0...nty-commander-innocent-of-kidnapping-charges/

Pathetic show, Dr. Oz. Stick to health care.

8. SuperDave

SuperDave Former Member

9. kanzz

kanzz kanzz=kansas

[emoji2] Exactly.
    Oh, but if that's a riddle.. I give up.

10. SuperDave

SuperDave Former Member

No, you had it exactly right.

11. Tadpole12

Tadpole12 Well-Known Member

https://thedirty.com/celebrities/bu...accused-silence-murdered-sister/#post-2182371

Feb 22 2017

EXCLUSIVE: JonBenet Ramsey – Brother Burke Ramsey Accused of Attempting to Silence Those who Believe He Murdered His Sister

"Now, Spitz has filed new docs accusing Burke Ramsey of using the legal system to silence anyone and everyone who comes to the conclusion he murdered his sister. He says the JonBenet Ramsey case has remained one of the most famous unsolved murders in the past two decades and everyone from law enforcement to internet theorists have offered numerous hypotheses about who killed her … pointing out many believed it was a member of JonBenet’s family.
    Spitz argues any person who listened to his interview would understand his opinion is just that … another opinion to add to the hundreds of others … and there’s no way his statements could be interpreted as fact."

12. kanzz

kanzz kanzz=kansas

Good. Fight it, Spitz!

13. icedtea4me

icedtea4me New Member

Spitz said "It's the boy who did it...", not "I believe it's the boy who did it" or "I think it's the boy who did it" or "I feel it's the boy who did it". So, imo, his statement could very well be interpreted as fact.

14. Userid

Userid Well-Known Member

That's it, Spitz -- don't back down.

15. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

icedtea4me,
    To my knowledge much of what Spitz said on the CBS show has never been led in discovery in any public court case?

By default Spitz's comments have to be interpreted as personal opinion and not fact?

One of four theoretical scenarios apply the JonBenet case, BDI is one scenario, surely Spitz is offering opinion if the other three scenarios are still out there, with none of the four being hard fact?

16. Kakidoll

Kakidoll Karma never forgets

IF people have to state IN MY OPINION every time they say something, this world will have to come to an end. Of COURSE its his opinion, otherwise it would have been a statement from the courts 20 years ago

17. debbiegarcia36

debbiegarcia36 Active Member

Well said!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

18. icedtea4me

icedtea4me New Member

I think Spitz ought to have been more careful in how he stated what he did. On the other hand, did it occur to anyone that he may have said "It was the boy who did it" not because he believes it, but to use as bait?

19. SuperDave

SuperDave Former Member

BBM. Damn, it's about time someone said that! Maybe the Ramseys and Lin Wood haven't heard yet, but this isn't North Korea.

20. icedtea4me

icedtea4me New Member

Anyone and everyone? That must mean that Burke is using the legal system to silence all of the BDIs on this forum.