Burke Perhaps Jealous?

Jay78

Reaction score
I have been thinking for the past few days, has anyone ever entertained the fact that mabye Burke was insanely jealous of his sister who was always in the spotlight and perhaps became extremely angered over this?

Jay78 said:
I have been thinking for the past few days, has anyone ever entertained the fact that mabye Burke was insanely jealous of his sister who was always in the spotlight and perhaps became extremely angered over this?
it's certainly possible. Many think the R's engineered a coverup to protect Burke. I would find it easier to believe he harmed JB in a typical, sibling rivalry battle, rather than a sexual exploration of his sister gone wrong.

I wouldn't think BR's jealousy boiled over into a criminal intent to kill his sister. But maybe there was a festering resentment, which somehow came to a head that night....maybe he did lash out at her in frustration....

ETA....I wonder if this is something LHP or the other housekeeper (whose name escapes me) ever commented on. LHP was able to comment on PR's angry treatment of JB over toileting issues, but didn't she say BR was a quiet boy? One would think that the housekeepers would have noticed any simmering anger in Burke....

Linda did comment on the mess Burke left behind with all the whittling he carried out.
Thats my useless information for the day:)

IMO Burke would have been quite happy on Christmas night. He got a pretty good present (Video game) and JonBenet got the My Twinn doll that she wasn't exactly thrilled about. They were getting ready to go on a trip to see other family and then going on a Disney Cruise. This kid would have been eagerly looking forward to what was coming up. A 9 year old boy I would imagine would be thanking God that his mother wasn't wanting him to get involved in pagents like his little sister was.
If John and Patsy thought Burke had anything to do with the murder, would they have let him get away from them early on to go to friends where he could blurt out something? Would they have had him return to school later? IMO they would have kept him much more secluded and away from people rather than risk him talking.

OB

Hiya Old Broad,

You wrote:
"If John and Patsy thought Burke had anything to do with the murder, would they have let him get away from them early on to go to friends where he could blurt out something? Would they have had him return to school later? IMO they would have kept him much more secluded and away from people rather than risk him talking."

Yup...yup... Your thoughts have been those that I have had when considering any possibility of Burke doing this. He, a 9 year old with a mouth (don't all 9 year olds have mouths?), was permitted to go, sent off, to somewhere other than the family home on the very morning of the incident AND without a parent standing guard over his mouth. To me, this is the greatest sign that Burke, to his parent's knowledge, had NOTHING to do with that which happened to his baby sister.

As I think of this again, I feel quite clear that Burke is absolutely RULED OUT, unless he spoke something incriminating to people and we just don't know OR Burke was known to do things while in trances of some sort that he could never ever remember (and what is or might have been the guarantee of that?)

So...IF Burke did something:

a. IF his parents did know he did something, WHY would they send him to others, where he could talk immediately after the issue.

b. IF his parents "suspected" him as the root of this death, WHY would they let him go elsewhere without one of them?

To me...Old Broad, you have brought up the absolute reasonable concept of why Burke must be released from any guilt in this crime - UNLESS he was known to go into trances where he did not remember anything OR he spoke something incriminating.

W

Good morning Wrinkles :)

Yes I believe Burke is one who is 100% innocent and in many ways has been another victim. Can you imagine the issues this young man must have with growing up under this kind of cloud?

If there was any kind of problems with Burke going into some type of trance, I would think it would have shown up both before and after the murder.

I was just thinking that in many ways, if either John or Patsy were guilty of killing JonBenet, how easy it would have been, and also how convenient! To make things point to Burke being the guilty one. Any parent who could do what was done to JonBenet IMO could also easily point to their other child to weasel out of it. Everyone would have just heard about a tragic death on Christmas night and all that would have happened would be Burke be put into some type of councelling end of story and John & Patsy would have had the sympathy of the whole country.

OB

Excellant points Old Broad, and add to those, if Burke had been sexually abusing JBR in the past, I think JBR would have mentioned something "wasn't right" to her mother, or someone else. While I totally believe Burke was jealous of all the attention JonBenet was receiving, I don't believe he was involved with her that night in that fashion. JBR was by all reports a strong willed little girl, and I'm certain not only would she have told on Burke, but in the very least, threatened to "tell mom" at the very first instance of his abusing her.

Edited to add: while writing this post, I thought of something. It's reported that Burke was pretending to sleep that morning when his parents checked on him. Maybe, just maybe, he heard a commotion the night before between either parents and JBR (screaming, yelling if they did this) and was scared. You know, how when kids are scared of the Boogey man, they lay there and pull the covers over their heads? It's also strange he didn't ask for further exmplations the next morning when they sent him to neighbours and JBR wansn't around, and a trip was planned. It sounds to me like he definately heard something that scared him from persuing any matters from the night before. Heck, any kid would ask, where's JonBenet, what's happened, why aren't we going, what's going on? The Rams apparently didn't tell him anything. Burke KNEW something very, very bad happened during the night between JBR and his parents and knew better to ask any questions out of fear he may experience harm, jmo

good posts by everyone here--I absolutely concur with everyone's simple logic of reasoning--Burke is indeed 100% innocent

"I have been thinking for the past few days, has anyone ever entertained the fact that mabye Burke was insanely jealous of his sister who was always in the spotlight and perhaps became extremely angered over this?"

It's the oldest motive in the book.

Isn't it possible that at some point before sending Burke with the White's, John had a chance to quickly tell Fleet that there had been an accident between Burke and JonBenet resulting in her death and to get Burke out of there before the police had a chance to question him?
Perhaps one of the reasons later on that John and Fleet fell out was due to Fleet feeling strongly that the Ramsey's just be honest about what had happened and they refused.

Hiya Lovebites,

Hmmm... Wouldn't Fleet have spoken to the police if John had told him of an accident? I am inclined to think he would have.

W

Wrinkles said:
Hiya Lovebites,

Hmmm... Wouldn't Fleet have spoken to the police if John had told him of an accident? I am inclined to think he would have.

W

Yes, I believe this as well.

SuperDave said:
"I have been thinking for the past few days, has anyone ever entertained the fact that mabye Burke was insanely jealous of his sister who was always in the spotlight and perhaps became extremely angered over this?"

It's the oldest motive in the book.

Yes it certainly is.

If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.
And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.
And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?

Wrinkles said:
Hiya Lovebites,

W

Hey Wrinkles!

Yes, you're probably right.

Jay78 said:
Yes.
I forget the exact quote, but according to LHP I think it was, Burke Ramsey apparently said:
'everyone oohing and ahhing over her because she's so perfect'

Nine year old children aren't that good at hiding emotion. If Burke had been so jealous of his sister that he meant to seriously hurt her, there would have been signs that he was extremely jealous and his jealousy was bordering on violence. There's nothing like that in his history. If he had been harboring serious feelings of resentment towards JonBenet to the point where he was thinking of attacking her with the intention of hurting her, someone at some point would have seen that and we would have heard about it by now.

That said, I do think it's a bit odd that in the photo section of DOI where there are several pictures of JB and Burke they are repeatedly described as being "best buddies" and stuff like that. My impression of Burke's attitude toward his little sister is pretty much "meh, she's okay, she's a girl doing girl stuff. I wanna fly airplanes."

IMO, Burke had nothing to do with JonBenet's death, but it's time to start asking him some questions and find out what exactly he does know.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back