Burlap and Forensics

Discussion in 'Long Island Serial Killer' started by stillwatersc, Apr 29, 2011.

1. maddalena1

maddalena1 New Member

Good find salsa. Maybe lisk is into theatrics? I mean it was weird and the water setting. There are some nut jobs our there.

2. NY Ranger Fan

NY Ranger Fan Member

Trace DNA would not hold up as well as things like hair and other fibers. Then comes the painstaking task of separating evidence out of a gravesite that was exposed to the elements for months or years. This would be a FBI level task and they have the people that could sit down and dissect a project even if it took months, fiber by fiber, hair by hair and so on.

3. guardian1234

guardian1234 Member

City have asked this question before but has the policemen ever released information about any writing on burlap bags?

4. Salsa

Salsa Former Member

Yes there are. I was looking up burlap on You tube and there was only garden info and then that video. It's premise and year produced was morbid in a sense.

5. Aquariesque

Aquariesque New Member

Is there a photo anywhere of an actual burlap bag found with a victim?

6. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

7. mst

mst New Member

is that burlap black or is that just from decomp? I may have mentioned it before but animal feed came in burlap. Not sure if it still does. Also, lime is used in the animals stalls/barns under their bedding to eliminate the urine smell. the feed store delivers it to us all the time.

8. deedee21

deedee21 Well-Known Member

9. silversurvivor

silversurvivor Active Member

To me it looks like the black plastic "burlap" that animal feed comes in... Gunna look for a link

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

10. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

11. IndieCindy

IndieCindy Member

I just came across a news story while researching in school law library on the burlap sacks...
    Im posting the link where I found it but not sure if anyone besides myself can access it? So I posted just the important info from the story in case the link is not working.
    http://libraryproxy.tulsacc.edu:212...ormal&activityType=&failOverType=&commentary=
    New York Post (New York, NY), April 27, 2011
    Suffolk County Executive Steve Levy is furious with Police Commissioner Richard Dormer for publicly releasing crucial details of the investigation that only the murderer would know, a police source said.
    "Levy's upset, [Dormer] gave out too much information about the burlap bags, that the victims were all on Craigslist, that they were prostitutes," ... "[Dormer] embarrassed the department."
    reference material:
    "AX FOR LI COMMISH - 'BUNGLED' SUFFOLK SERIAL-SLAY PROBE." New York Post [New York, NY], 27 Apr. 2011, p. 17. Biography in Context, link.galegroup.com/apps/doc/A254848761/BIC1?u=odl_tcc&xid=1b66d86b. Accessed 14 Dec. 2016.
    And the photo above looks exactly like black plastic, with sand, you can see the shiny reflection of light on it.

12. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

13. NY Ranger Fan

NY Ranger Fan Member

Hard to determine what is shown in that picture, it could almost be anything.

14. Super Sleuth

Super Sleuth Armchair Detective

15. NY Ranger Fan

NY Ranger Fan Member

16. Super Sleuth

Super Sleuth Armchair Detective

I myself would like to know where Mr Bill Warner gets his claims from. I'm hoping some other sleuthers can help with more detail.

17. NY Ranger Fan

NY Ranger Fan Member

Look at the bag pictures shown a few posts up. Is that a shoe outline in the bottom of the bag?

18. No it's not

No it's not that simple

BBM

No.

-Nin

19. No it's not

No it's not that simple

It does not mean, that the PD office found something related to the case. The photograph would give away quite some info. Slim chance.

http://www.maxim.com/maxim-man/long-island-murder-mystery

-Nin

20. Angela_Beckett

Angela_Beckett Lurker Extraordinaire

To be placed in bags that small, the bodies had to be dismembered, i'm afraid. And for transportation and disposal, it would be more convenient.
    Didn't one of GB4's mom said the cadaver was "gutted"?

So sad and disturbing how someone could treat those poor childs as if getting rid of garbage, and clearly, the person who did it's not a rookie at hiding his sins, and placing them where it would be found and connected to anybody but him.

Sorry, can't stop thinking it is all Bilttrolff. I think he is LISK and Manorville Butcher.

Shannan I can't explain, but I hurt for what happened to her, to her mom and her family :tears: