Burlap and Forensics

At the 56 second mark of the AE documentary it shows what appears to be officers pulling out a green to blueish burlap sack from the sand. If this is the case I am confused because I was under the impression that the GB4 were in the brush and not buried in sand. Anyone else catch this?

Could you please post a link to the AE documentary in question ?

At the 56 second mark of the AE documentary it shows what appears to be officers pulling out a green to blueish burlap sack from the sand. If this is the case I am confused because I was under the impression that the GB4 were in the brush and not buried in sand. Anyone else catch this?

Good looks! Is that real from the searches? It also looks like there is a big brown thing in front of what looks like the female officer...is that a brown burlap sack? gilgo.jpg

Good looks! Is that real from the searches? It also looks like there is a big brown thing in front of what looks like the female officer...is that a brown burlap sack? View attachment 56112

Thanks for the screen cap that's exactly what I was referring to. I'm not certain what the brown object in front of what appears to be a female officer. But it's possible it's a burlap sack or something else entirely.

Thanks for the screen cap that's exactly what I was referring to. I'm not certain what the brown object in front of what appears to be a female officer. But it's possible it's a burlap sack or something else entirely.

It looks like paper to me. MOO

The only case I know where someone was buried in the sand was lattingtown but I never heard they were in a burlap sack? Marie what makes you say paper?

Maybe they are placing bones in the object. It seemed to go against all the things I knew about this case, it may not even be relevant.

The only case I know where someone was buried in the sand was lattingtown but I never heard they were in a burlap sack? Marie what makes you say paper?

It simply looks like brown paper to me. It looks to me like it's a bit more solid in structure than burlap (it doesn't look woven to me). It looks like the type of brown paper that is used to wrap packages or like the type that is placed on the ground in vineyards for grapes to be placed upon after they're picked. MOO.

See this link:
http://westernfarmpress.com/grapes/dov-vineyards-test-california-raisin-growers-photo-gallery#slide-2-field_images-113371

And no, I'm not claiming that a grape grower or anybody who had anything to do with a vineyard is the killer.

when the clip starts they are pulling it out of the sand it was buried

when the clip starts they are pulling it out of the sand it was buried

That's something else (and it looks gray in color to me). At :54, the brown material in question is totally out and sitting by the woman's feet. It's not clear whether or not it had been buried. The gray thing, however, was buried; and we can see that because they're pulling it out of the sand. The brown thing is just sitting there, IMO.

Could it be a body bag brought to the scene by investigators?

That's something else (and it looks gray in color to me). At :54, the brown material in question is totally out and sitting by the woman's feet. It's not clear whether or not it had been buried. The gray thing, however, was buried; and we can see that because they're pulling it out of the sand. The brown thing is just sitting there, IMO.

Yes sorry i was saying to Paula Zahn that the grey burlap was buried as far the brown thing I just cant see it well enough to tell

Just watched that short clip and it looks like a heavy thin blanket (like a wool blanket or army blanket?) is being pulled out from under the sand. Looks like most of it was buried pretty deeply, they're really struggling to get it out. I agree that the brown object looks stiffer than fabric and may be something like heavyweight oaktag or similar. Hard to tell though. I took some screenshots into photoshop and color-corrected them to what should be natural skin and sand tones since everything had an overly saturated salmon cast, but the buried material and the large brown object didn't end up being too far off the color they are in the clip once I did so. I was curious if either object's tone would shift closer to a burlap color but neither did.

The gilgo victims were found in the brush, on top of brush. Not buried...not in, or on, sand. Whatever this particular clip is showing, it sure isn't the gilgo beach dumpsite.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back