Burlap and Forensics

Those are polymer bags not burlap. Burlap is a natural fiber that will break down over time.

I was wandering how accurate burlap was or was it just a word tossed out there by Suffolk PD at the time. I don't know whose word to trust. But in that picture it doesn't look like burlap.

I was wandering how accurate burlap was or was it just a word tossed out there by Suffolk PD at the time. I don't know whose word to trust. But in that picture it doesn't look like burlap.

I grew up fir a while on a barrier island that was undergoing much erosion. There were big black mounds filled with sand to keep barriers up so sand would not keep eroding from the beach and cause the water to rush inland.

I do agree that the bag in the picture (according to color and texture) looks like the material used for the sand barriers.

Maybe he was checking a barrier for evidence and that was what we see in the pic? Who knows.

I grew up fir a while on a barrier island that was undergoing much erosion. There were big black mounds filled with sand to keep barriers up so sand would not keep eroding from the beach and cause the water to rush inland.

I do agree that the bag in the picture (according to color and texture) looks like the material used for the sand barriers.

Maybe he was checking a barrier for evidence and that was what we see in the pic? Who knows.
IMO they would not show an officer with the bag of a decedent. The picture caption says checking an object, so it could just be roadside trash.

Thomas J. Spota... how much of a smoking gun can that be? Everyone should see this. How accurate do you think that content is?

TJS was practicing private law at some point. I am sure he offered registered agent services among else. JMO

-Nin

Those are polymer bags not burlap. Burlap is a natural fiber that will break down over time.

Only the G4 were said to have burlap, we're speculating that this is one of the body parts wrapped in this pic from one of the other victims.

Only the G4 were said to have burlap, we're speculating that this is one of the body parts wrapped in this pic from one of the other victims.

I don't think the press would publicize that pic had it contained human body parts

I agree arm chair nor would they let a reporter get close enough with a camera to take that photo if it was body parts. I think it was just a collection of things found in that area to be tested to see if it had anything to do with the crimes. No way were they body parts.

For all we know it could have been a bag of garbage they found and were picking up to go through in a lab to rule it out for crime clues.

A photo may be released years later of someones remains only with the families permission, taken by forensics not a reporter.

I think some good points have been made about how unlikely it is that image would be of human remains. Regarding the accuracy of the site listing TS as owning the business, I found another source listing it https://appext20.dos.ny.gov/corp_public/corpsearch.entity_search_entry
attachment.php

Attachments

• Thermo_Barrier.jpg
    Thermo_Barrier.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 219
  • 1152_Merrick.jpg
    1152_Merrick.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 36
I'm going to post under the 'Evidence' section, because to be honest, figuring out "where" to post under the LISK Forum(s) has become a somewhat monumental task in and of itself..(IMHO)

Having said that, this is NOT my 1st post. Have I read every single post? H-to the -Eck NO!, I had at one point, but yeah, that was ages ago. I admit that for those who may feel the need to take me to task for (where), I have (finally/again), chosen to post this time, and/or for the (what/aka my own opinions), I am electing to post this time around..mostly repeat of what I have stated previously which is buried somewhere (& potentially multiple somewhere(S) at this point) within all this information.

Having pointed all of this out as a caveate, here goes...

I am a firm believer that the 'evidence', will bear out several truths, and I'll try to list as concisely as possible:
1) That the LISK is a lone male
2) That the LISK is someone who has easy and daily access to shoring/construction/landscaping materials in his employment so hence site preparation, new construction, pre-construction, single family, multi-family(apartments), commercial bldgs, any range estates from low end to multi-million dollar homes, to road center barrieres (even parking on medians, sides of highways, lone beaches, parking lots, lone lots of land and even wooded areas, easily and without question...or at least could easily explain away his reason for being there any day at any time; however odd.

3)That due to said employment the likihood that he is/has been questioned for being in X place at X time, is HIGH; however, at the same time, due to his type of work/profession, even if questioned (as in stopped by LE about why he was where at any given time), LE's initial concerns were 'justified', away by the suspect, and NO Alarms were raised. As in, this person could/can/and likely DID at some point, VERY logically justify why he was in X area at X time (which was questionable); however, after his explanation, LE dismissed any suspicion they had at the time and likely did not file a report (& if did then I think any report would show up as filed under the main company's name and multiple vehicles, and not under a single individual'.
4) This individual has access to multiple types of vehicles (car/work van AND work truck), making his movements in the area easily dismissed, along with the type of vehicles used for transport difficult to narrow down as eyewitnesses do not realize that they have seen what they have seen as they simply dismissed the vehicles as logically belonging 'there'...(with there being multiple locations and few which could not easily be explained away as having had to do with 'work')
5) I personally believe that the LISK was forced to (relocate) the remains due to construction which was scheduled to occur on his (fairly large) property..(google map images showed massive construction occurring just after the remains were "discovered"), and considering the scope of that construction,(it is just seems extremely coinsidential), but ya never know!...

It was things such as the discussion of the heavy grade black bag material (I'm working from memory so pardon if a bit off or not verbatim..), the burlap material, etc.. that initially lead me to look at locale business types which potentially had access to those various items, easy access to transportation, easy and explainable access to various/multiple "sites", from dump site to abduction site to lone/quiet work area to storage (temp to long-term keeping), to dismemberment and disposal (to logically needing to relocate successfully disposed bodies & why after so long would one do so if the killer was NOT interested in just the notoriety..aka there HAD to be "an IMMEDIATE & PRESSING NEED"), even if I am wrong in my own suspicions of "who", I still believe that this logic will bare out the real LISP if ppl are ruled (IN/OUT) of this criteria.
6)I do not think that the out of state incidents must fit neatly into this as applicable; however, (for the person I looked at, it was all easily accomplisable using his, a private plane) ...(along w/there being related businesses/business reason for being, within blocks of where those incidents occured, WHEN they occurred..coincidence, maybe, as I said, I'm not sold on the out of state logic for some of the preported incidents (but that's just me, and I can not recall why I wasn't that sold on it all, but it's been yrs so I forget)..

So, why post all this (again), because I hope someone follows the trail versus dismisses it all as an armchair sleuth...be that as it may, it is and always will be the actual on the ground detectives who will flush out the actual evidence, clues, and legitamite suspects..(my only hope is that someone picks up the breadcrumbs and follows the logic trail to the same manorville area conclusion..)..just MHO and you know what they say about those...(where I left it: I called in the points that I had but it was years later and I no longer had access to my in-depth original indepth & research,due to several dead/crashed laptops & years passing, so less "key points" vs supposition)

Simply posting thoughts/opinions/breadcrumbs, that someone legitimate may stop to look at further, and include or dismiss ...(if it waddles like a duck, quacks like a duck, etc.. One can presume it is likely NOT a horse!..GOOD LUCK!)

Have you looked at business that fit your criteria? Don't forget the train tracks, they are by many of the bodies too.

I am thinking CSX or CEMEX. I have passed this on, but not sure how much it is being looked into.

Just a thought. Perhaps the guy is an oyster fisherman and puts them in burlap bags and lined them up on the beach so that when he goes out fishing, he can view the victims from his boat as he passes by...

Just a thought. Perhaps the guy is an oyster fisherman and puts them in burlap bags and lined them up on the beach so that when he goes out fishing, he can view the victims from his boat as he passes by...
Go to youtube Long Island Serial Killer. UPLOAD by Gray Hughs for a birdseye view of where the remains were found.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p
Back