CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #1

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Lucy's mom, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdrive

jdrive New Member

Almost all of the “likes” on their joint Facebook page are all things Disney.

They both appear to be from families who share insular, fringe views. Part of a cultlike sub-culture?

2. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

And a national conversation about the abuse that happens within schools too. While I do NOT condone how these parents raised their children, I also don't think they represent homeschooling in general.

jmo

3. KaaBoom

KaaBoom `·.¸¸ ><((((º> ...·´`·.¸¸ ><((((º>...·

She has a 10th grade education, and she was homeschooling her kids. :facepalm: I bet that was going real well.

4. Doghairrules

Doghairrules Well-Known Member

And $500 of clothing for 15 people.

5. DakotaMayi

DakotaMayi Former Member

Yes this. Just because you are home schooling your children does not mean you are chaining them up and beating them. Just the same as, just because a child attends school does not mean they are not experiencing abuse.

6. DakotaMayi

DakotaMayi Former Member

Oh my. That term almost sounds magical. They are far from it.

7. jash

jash Well-Known Member

Are you thinking of this guy? http://www.pixyland.org/peterpan/

8. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

:eek:hwow: The prices sure shot up since I went there last.... let's see :thinking: Maybe mid-80s! :D

Disneyland Tickets - Prices

List prices for Disneyland tickets listed below are accurate as of April 15, 2017, and valid through December 31, 2017, according to the Disneyland website. However, that doesn't mean the prices won't go up sooner than that.

You can order any of these tickets online through Disney's website.

One Day

1-Day Park Hopper: Children $159.00, Adults $165.00
    1-Day 1-Park: Children $104.00, Adults $110.00

Two Days

2-Day Park Hopper: Children $232.00, Adults $244.00

2-Day, 1-Park Per Day: Children $187.00, Adults $199.00

Three Days

All tickets for 3 days or longer include one Magic Morning early entry available several days a week
    3-Day Park Hopper: Children $303.00, Adults $315.00
    3-Day, 1-Park Per Day: Children $258.00, Adults $270.00

Four Days

4-Day Park Hopper: Children $320.00, Adults $335.00
    4-Day, 1-Park Per Day: Children $275.00, Adults $290.00

Five Days

5-Day Park Hopper: Children $335.00, Adults $350.00
    5-Day, 1-Park Per Day: Children $290.00, Adults $305.00

https://www.tripsavvy.com/disneyland-tickets-prices-and-options-1474384

9. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

The issue seems to be one of oversight. It's much more difficult for adults to get away with abusing children in public schools where so many other adults are present. With home schooling, there's no oversight at all.

10. KaaBoom

KaaBoom `·.¸¸ ><((((º> ...·´`·.¸¸ ><((((º>...·

Over $1,300 per day, just for admission. Plus maybe $200 to $500 for food.

11. trigger

trigger Well-Known Member

Yes -incest

12. jessie

jessie Well-Known Member

Just heard on BBC Radio 4 in the UK that LA are due to give a press conference in the morning. I think 'your' morning means soon UK time?

Be grateful if someone could post the main points of this presser for the benefit of us elsewhere in this world. TIA.

13. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

The mom was 16 when she married and I'm guessing from a broken family (her parents have different last names and I'm making an assumption). Along comes a college boy who wants to marry her - dream come true!

To me, it looks like she herself is stunted at age 16, all starry-eyed about the marriage and motherhood. I think things might have been okay at first - the father had a good job - but for whatever reason, they broke down as parents. I think she was not equipped to run the household....and the father wasn't either (and I don't want to judge appearances, but his haircut shows a lack of sense! It is truly ugly in any era.).

I'm not getting a sexual abuse vibe (could be wrong)....but something else. Clearly a mental illness issue that really, really spiraled down.

I really do worry about the children and what course of action can be taken to help them. They are very vulnerable right now and I really hope kind people will be in their path.

jmo

14. DakotaMayi

DakotaMayi Former Member

It's 5.35am here now so still early. I wonder what time this will be at.

Thanks jessie.

15. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

It's still only roughly 5:30 a.m. in California, so probably in a few hours.

16. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

This reminds me a lot of that story of the family of all boys who were "kept" like this their whole lives and memorized all those movies....I think it was in NYC?

17. Niner

Okay - maybe they kept their kids looking young so they would "child" ticket prices at Disneyland....

18. enelram

enelram Well-Known Member

my comments from previously posted links:
    Someone asked what time last Sunday the daughter escaped to call 911- 6 AM, maybe everyone was still in bed?
    Reporters said there was a large van and three newer VW's in driveway. One VW looked like a convertible.
    Father was a UVA graduate engineer.

I too worry about the older children. Maybe since they were so poorly socialized and with no skills, the parents knew
    they could never become independent.
    This horrible abuse and maltreatment took TWO parents to pull off. They were both guilty, IMO.
    So sad for the children. Many, many people looked the other way instead of reporting some hinky living styles.

19. Niner

More like $1620 plus. That's the cheap prices ($104 x 6, $110 x 9). But less on food - none for the kids, remember.... :(

20. little_miss_smart

little_miss_smart New Member

I saw this news here in the UK before going to be last night, and I couldn't sleep afterwards.
    What a horrific vile pair of human beings. What angers me most is that these people get away with it. How can that be possible in this day and age? Neighbours thought something was off... yes something was off! Why do people ignore alarm bells?
    And where were the authorities, health, social, whoever, you can't tell me that these kids were not on someone's radar... there must have been doctor visits, visits to the 'home school' etc... I'm assuming the older girls from the pics are adults, in their 20s, LOOK AT THEM...they look about 10 years old, if this isn't enough to alarm people then what will it take!
    And those videos...UGH those poor kids, it's beyond creepy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.