CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who was impoverished? In the bankruptcy filing he was making $11,000+/month. While they obviously made poor (juvenile?) decisions about money, they were not impoverished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed -- the house we saw just lately was nice enuff. In a nice-looking neighborhood. I just checked good ol' Zillow & found these houses:

[h=1]156 Muir Woods Rd, Perris, CA 92570 5 beds 4 baths 3,203 sqft Sold: $410,000 Sold on 04/27/17 Zestimate[SUP]®[/SUP]: $384,540
[/h]
[h=1]179 Muir Woods Rd, Perris, CA 92570 4 beds 3 baths 2,604 sqft For Sale $429,900
[/h]120 Muir Woods Rd, Perris, CA 92570 5 beds 4 baths 2,663 sqft Sold: $326,000 Sold on 11/17/15 Zestimate[SUP]®[/SUP]: $369,460

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/156-Muir-Woods-Rd-Perris-CA-92570/95900482_zpid/

Not mansions, but not shacks. Nice houses, nice neighborhood. I don't know any details about the town, etc., but I guess at some time, they qualified to purchase a house in this neighborhood. Just some info for us....

Great find. At the bottom of the page you linked, there is a link to the data for private schools in Ca: https://www.cde.ca.gov/ds/si/ps/ You can find Sandcastle Day School in the data for 2014, 2015, and 2016. Even though they were a school as of 2011, they must not have had 6 students "enrolled" because you have to have 6 students to be in the database.
Point to note: They listed themselves as NOT a religious school.

ETA:
In 2014-15, they had students enrolled in grades 3,4, 6, 7. 8. 10, 11, 12 (8 kids)
In 2015-16 all bumped up a grade, with kids in grades 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12 (7 kids)
In 2016-17, all bumped up a grade, with kids in grades 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12 (6 kids)
I do not understand why their data for prior years isn't in the databases. They would have had even more kids in school then.
However, this data DOES support the notion that there were only 6 kids and 7 adult children in the house. After last school year, there would have been only 5 kids still in school.
Note: What on EARTH were those 7 adult children doing all day every day?

Memorizing the Bible?

According to a grandparent interview, the strict homeschooling they received included memorizing Bible verses. They said that some of the children "wanted" to memorize the whole Bible.

I would imagine that the older children had substantial responsibilities for the ongoing care and teaching of the younger children. Not uncommon.

In the Daily Mail article with the interview with Louise's sister, it notes her statements about childhood sexual abuse:

She's about six years younger than Louise, who married David when Louise was sixteen. The sister would have been about nine to ten years old when Louise married. Coincidence?
The sister commented on a weird picture of them kissing on their Facebook page and wrote something like "love, love my sister and brother in law" so I'm assuming she had an ok relationship with David up until atleast 2 years ago when she wrote that comment.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

there is another fundamentalist christian family out there that has a blog..
David and Jill Rodrigues and the photos of their kids are strikingly similar to these kids..
All the kids are horriblly thin, the parents are well fed, especially the dad.

The mom is stuck in the 80s, with horrible hair and horrible 80s makeup and all the poor girls are made to wear this awful makeup...

check them out, they are awfuly similar to these people.. they live in a trailer with 13 kids, shes pregnant with the newest, they kept the baby in a small cage/crib in the closet of the RV.

OMG..they all look so sickly except for the parents.
http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?page_id=1783

No doubt in my mind BOTH parents are complicit in this rat's nest of a family. Each supported the other in how they treated the children. As I mentioned previously, IMO, they are both selfish narcissists. Notice in the videos how
enamored the parents are of each other, but no affection shown towards any of the neglected children.

In families where children are neglected and abused physically and emotionally, besides the starvation (as stated by the 17 yr. old daughter), eating even when there is food offered can become a control thing for some kids. The kid
may refuse to eat because they are ordered to eat- because an abusive parent 'says to eat". I've seen this also in real life. That poor boy in the Elvis video trying to dance and his leg under the pants looked like a broom stick, it was so
skinny.

For everyone trying to connect this to their religious beliefs- LE stated in the presser they did not find any religious
connection to the parents' behavior and treatment of their children. If that comes up in their future defense, I still
think it's just a cop out.

If the younger sister was being sexually abused after Louise's marriage, maybe Louise was the victim before she got married and left. Good reason to marry at 16 and get outta dodge. MOO.

So he is related to the King which a James Randolph Turpin, Jr. wrote.

Do you have any statistics to back up the claim that there is a rise in abuse in homeachooled families?

Thank of the cases we follow here. The dozens and dozens of caes, whred children ARE in school and being abused/mistreated /murdered at home.

There's a rise in homeschooling in general. Not in abuse within homeschooling families. Unfortunately, dysfunctional families are using homeschooling as a means to hide abuse. So it is attracting some crazy people.

https://digitalcommons.law.byu.edu/...le.com/&httpsredir=1&article=1335&context=elj

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-sinister-side-of-homeschooling

Also, homeschooling is quite popular among more secretive people and religious people who likely believe more strongly in corporal punishment, which enables a slide into abuse more likely than among people who don't believe in it.

But clearly the vast majority of homeschoolers are normal families. In fact, I think it's safe to say the majority are families who are the opposite of neglectful or abusive as they tend to be super concerned with their kid's educations and very involved in their lives and growth and development.

I think stats bear that out- homeschool kids apparently do well academically in college and are successful in the world.

So I think it's not that people who homeschool are weird or dangerous. But I think weird or dangerous people might be attracted to it.

The thing is that in the US we have a strong affinity for independence and privacy in our culture. And that is backed by our constitution which prohibits interference without probable cause that a crime is being committed.

People here are very leery of government. No one would abide routine welfare checks by social services. Most here are suspicious of social services to begin with and view the agency as one that hassles innocent people and fails to protect obviously abused kids.

There really are no easy answers in cases like this. Maybe we all need to be more involved with each other as humans. Ask more questions and show more concern.

I’m feeling very blessed to live in a neighborhood where people are aware of each other. I am only friends with one set of neighbors, but I know all of them to speak to and I know what children belong to what house and how many there are.

For everyone trying to connect this to their religious beliefs- LE stated in the presser they did not find any religious
connection to the parents' behavior and treatment of their children. If that comes up in their future defense, I still

If the younger sister was being sexually abused after Louise's marriage, maybe Louise was the victim before she got married and left. Good reason to marry at 16 and get outta dodge. MOO.

IIRC, they said they are just beginning the investigation and couldn't say yet whether or not that was the case. My impression from the presser was that LE hasn't done many interviews yet with the kids, parents or other family members. They were focused on getting the kids food and medical treatment. We'll probably learn more as detectives have time to investigate.

True. Could also tie into a feeling of general paranoia or that "the outside world is evil" and some seriously hefty trust issues.

If all I had seen were the wedding videos I would have assumed that the dresses and suits were rented via the wedding chapel and that was why they used the same ones a couple of times. I do think that Mom's dresses were part of the inventory. But the Disney clothing and other group shots put an end to that theory.

JMO
What a sad case.

It sounds like the children were not very free to go out and associate with other children or the neighbors would have seen more of them. This person didnt even know they had kids. Not sure how close his home was though.

"Andrew Santillan, who lives nearby to the home (pictured) said: 'I didn't know there were kids in the house. I had no idea this was going on"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5272703/Police-13-siblings-chained-California-home.html

I think they might have been inspired by one of those sects, but there are enough differences that I think they're definitely their own tribe. The girls wear pants, the mom's wedding gown has bare arms and shoulders and make-up, etc. No minister at the weddings, just Elvis in a secular chapel....and nothing overtly religious on their page at all from what I can see, except for the common nativity Christmas decoration. No prayers, religous memes, pics of church community friends/events, etc. Very, very odd.

My theory too.

Homeschooling is actually more expensive. You still pay taxes for the public school district but you have to buy your own curriculum, equipment, supplies, etc. (I've never done it but know many normal people with amazing kids who have.). Even if you could write some of that off, and maybe in some states you can, it's not a way to make or save money. I think that is just more evidence of how crazy controlled these kids lives were.
[/QUOTE]

I think that one commonality with quivering families is that none actually align with a denomination. Quivering is sort of its own thing. It is my understanding that many quiverers form their own church, headed by the patriarch. This conveniently sidesteps any accountability to a larger church structure that MIGHT develop an awareness of theological idiocy or spot abuse. It is my impression that many are the end product of splintering--first a church that declares independence from their denomination (frequently following a charismatic leader). Then any who might challenge that leadership break away into ever smaller sects until arriving at the family as being "the church." Hence, if Dad is a-ok with mom's cleavage, but insists on 1970s hairstyles, well then, so be it. The word of Dad is the Word of God.

I've been looking at genealogy records on Louise - it seems some of her siblings may possibly be adopted? Is she? I can't find a birth record for her. Her mother, Phyllis Robinette's, obituary lists her children as Louise, Elizabeth (who is active on Facebook and has reversed the order of her first and middle name from how they appear at birth, Jane Elizabeth), Teresa Robinette, Alene Lee, McCary Lee, and Billy Lambert. Those last three aren't listed with spouses the way Elizabeth and Louise are, which makes me think their birth names are different. I can't find birth records for anyone but Elizabeth. I'm very curious regarding their childhood situation.

I found her fathers obituary, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it.

I found her fathers obituary, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it.

I was looking at that as well - and his doesn't list the additional children with the other last names, only the three daughters with Robinette. But Louise's sister calls herself one of 6 siblings.

You know what? I appreciate what the neighbor is saying but we ALL need to get in other peoples business a little more when things don’t seem right.

However, you call CPS, and the police doesn't mean they'll investigate without evidence first. I reported a pre-teen who told us her mom's new bf was always touching her. CPS said there's nothing we can do until he rapes her. They told the mom not to have her bf overnight anymore. That's it. Nothing happened.

Yeah and if LE could ask standard questions during welfare checks- "How much do you eat every day? What were your last three meals? Where do you go to school? Show me what you're studying right now. Where do you sleep? Show me. How often do you bathe?"

But the family have the right to not let them in not allow the kids to be interviewed.

Not the way CPS or child/APS statutes work. Really. They can interview kids (or incapable adults) that anyone calls about for a welfare check without any parental consent or warrant. They legally don’t even have to notify the parents that they are doing so if the parents or caregivers are not home when they come. CPS/APS does not have to adhere to any legal burden of proof or warrant like LE does to come into a home or conduct interviews, demand to see the children, etc.. No one EVER called. A possible CPS case or follow up may be why they moved from TX to begin with. A previous poster said that child welfare workers can potentially follow or find cases state to state but I know of at least a few people who I have distant ties to who were repeatedly reported by family to social services as having literally moved to the next county, next county, etc. to avoid CPS. And those kids were in public schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member