CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #1

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Lucy's mom, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. georgiajean

georgiajean Well-Known Member

Perhaps that is the reason for the financial woes??
    New baby at any cost?

2. Midge Montana

Midge Montana Well-Known Member

No, one has lace ruffles on the bottom and another is very wrinkly satinish material.

3. Tillicum

Tillicum Well-Known Member

Yes. They also are the same as Amish haircuts for men and boys.

4. CathyinTexas

CathyinTexas Well-Known Member

There was a picture with the face blocked out of the children at their parents wedding. I suspect some of the children are adopted.

5. Flmomof2

Flmomof2 Member

I examine kids like this for a living and yes they do look undernourished in all the photos I saw even the ones dating back to 2012. Sometimes what you see as a healthy plump looking 9 year old is really a 15 year old that is severely growth stunted. All those kids and adults were admitted to the hospital immediately for nutritional resuscitation I read.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. ElementalLaura

ElementalLaura Well-Known Member

Some may. I think there will be a religious component to this that may quiet family members and others who don't want prying eyes.

7. Maroon10

Maroon10 Former Member

easiest way to brainwash

8. Spellbound

Spellbound falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus

all the credit cards with huge balances floored me. See the bankruptcy papers for all their debts in 2011 :
    https://www.scribd.com/document/369227786/b94af853-4d99-421f-9e7e-a41e1156da93

9. georgiajean

georgiajean Well-Known Member

Comments from another family member on a photo about the youngest being "my baby" makes me look at the comments about invitro and the difficulty of conceiving past early 40s naturally again. What if someone gave her eggs and they went invitro? It would make sense, with the large gap in children,. Plus, the youngest does not look like the othes (light hair, very full, much longer looking face, IMO)

10. bears10

bears10 Well-Known Member

I saw that too but didn’t think much because I call my niece my babygirl. But it certainly could mean what you’ve suggested. At this point, not much would surprise me. These parents really give me the creeps. Id put nothing past them. Not that egg donation is bad. I just think they are bad people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. bears10

bears10 Well-Known Member

They had a double wide trailer too, even though they had a landlord, so I’m taking it as them having the trailer on top of their rented residence. I hope the trailer wasn’t used for nefarious purposes.

If she was getting in vitro, then that could be a chunk of their credit card debt. Just speculation.

12. osu

osu Well-Known Member

I saw that post earlier. I thought it was the paternal grandmothers comment, but maybe it was a different family member? I just went back and looked again and now that post is gone.

13. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

IMO, what doctor would help these people with xxxxxx kids do in vitro? I find that rather interesting....

All amateur speculation and opinion

14. jiminy

jiminy Well-Known Member

What's creeping me out is that in 2 of the ceremonies, the girls have on the same dresses. Those dresses still fit and the girls don't look any older despite the photos being several years apart.

Tell me I'm seeing it wrong. *shudder*

15. ElementalLaura

It sounds like the 17-year-old girl freed herself (or maybe the girls were sometimes unshackled for chores), grabbed a phone from inside the house and ran out of the house to call. I think the sheriff's news release or one of the media sources would have said if she had ran to a neighbor's house (of course, working class, maybe many weren't home).

For some reason, it breaks my heart that she didn't feel like she could run to a neighbor. Those kids have been so betrayed by their parents and any other adults in their lives.

16. Vabulous

Vabulous New Member

I had the same thought looking at the photos, the main one that makes me think this is the wedding photo in which the young girl is holding her sibling as a mother would their child. I also have a question as to how the grandparents did not know

17. arkansasmimi

arkansasmimi Well-Known Member

David Turpin is listed as the principal of the Sandcastle Day School, according to a California Department of Education website. It was operated out of his home, the same nondescript, suburban residence where the 13 victims were found. The day school opened March 21, 2011, and was described as a private school serving grades 1-12. According to the website, the status of the school is "active." http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/15/us/california-13-people-held-captive-in-home/index.html

18. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

Some aren't looking too healthy in the 2016 pic.

19. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

They owed a lot of money on three cars - and then it looks like they kept taking out new credit cards one after another and not paying the bills.

I couldn't even get to the bottom as I felt weird looking at it - like watching a family crumble. Sad. Clearly they were in over their heads.

jmo

20. ElementalLaura

They're going to have to survey / dig up the yard to look for human remains.

This time it won't be child labor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.