CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This article states the family home address shows it's also registered as a day care center

https://www.pe.com/2018/01/15/13-ma...und-chained-to-beds-in-perris-parents-jailed/

The state records say Sandcastle, a private school, has an enrollment of six: one student in each of the fifth, sixth, eighth, nine, 10th and 12th grades. The school was founded in the 2014-15 school year, state records show.

I wonder if it was a scam or something. Perhaps they received food or similar assistance from the state for their "day care center".

I don't think so. The same mom could have 13 children in 27 years. It is a huge age gap between the youngest and the oldest and would span just about all the fertile years, but it's possible. My guess at this point is that the kids are all the mom and dad's offspring.

What's weird is while the photos are strange with all the matchy-matchy clothes...the kids look healthy. They do not look undernourished, yet they are now. Something major happened with the parents that caused this. But what?!?!?

jmo

But which one is 29??? They all look like children! There has to be SOME malnourishment going on for none of them to look over the age of 18.....

This is sickening and terrifying. It sounds like the script of a horror movie. How can a human being ever recover mentally from an experience like this?

Didn't they have any neighbours? I wonder how it is possible nobody noticed these children and adults were not being seen in and out of that house of horror.

Edited: I just looked at the parents' pictures. The little sanity the woman ever had... it is long gone, those eyes & smile say it all.

Oh wow. It just hit me that the photos from 2016 mean several of the kids are full-grown adults in their 20s....yet they really do look like children/teens.

jmo

I would guess some of the younger children were born by the older children, and all from the same father.....or God forbid, their own siblings.

OMG. That was actually my first thought but it hadn't been alluded to in the news reports.

wow, from disneyland to chains and starvation? wow...what a roller coaster ride. I really hope these siblings can be placed together in a safe place. :candle:

Oh wow. It just hit me that the photos from 2016 mean several of the kids are full-grown adults in their 20s....yet they really do look like children/teens.

jmo

Oh wait....was the wedding thing from 2012? And reposted a bunch of times in 2016?

This case is confusing and we're barely started.

jmo

I feel even worse for the "adult" children. They're not going to be ready for independent life. What services are available for people who've gone through something like this?

But which one is 29??? They all look like children! There has to be SOME malnourishment going on for none of them to look over the age of 18.....

Some of them look like they are possibly special-needs children, IMO.
Where did these kids go to school? (Maybe home-schooled?) Why were THAT many children not missed by the public, even if just neighbors?
What do David and Louise do for jobs? Who is guarding these captives all day?

These cases where we see starvation of multiple people are almost unbelievable to me, yet they keep happening. And starvation is often just the tip of the iceberg.
I don't understand how human beings can do the terrible things they do to other human beings.

Oh wait....was the wedding thing from 2012? And reposted a bunch of times in 2016?

This case is confusing and we're barely started.

jmo
Look closely at the wedding pictures. Looks like they have recreated the same event more than twice. Notice the length of moms hair...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yes, it is strange how young they look...but maybe it's just the d out-of-style clothing that makes them look so young?? And I do wonder why the older sibs didn't make an escape when the situation started to spiral downward??

Although some of the pictures are posted during 2016, some of the photos posted in 2012-2011 look like they are from the same ceremony. The date of posting is not necessarily when they were taken. So the malnutrition may have started several years ago (I hope not).

Look closely at the wedding pictures. Looks like they have recreated the same event more than twice. Notice the length of moms hair...

Yes, I see that now.

What the heck?

I'm also noticing there are no photos of guests. I suppose that could happen that you just have photos of yourself, but it seems like a room with only the parents, children....and Elvis.

jmo

Yes, I see that now.

What the heck?

I'm also noticing there are no photos of guests. I suppose that could happen that you just have photos of yourself, but it seems like a room with only the parents, children....and Elvis.

jmo
Puke. So gross.

wow, from disneyland to chains and starvation? wow...what a roller coaster ride. I really hope these siblings can be placed together in a safe place. :candle:

My new laptop won't let me cut & paste right now, but this from the press release: "...several children shackled to their beds with chains and padlocks in dark and foul-smelling conditions, but the parents were unable to immediately provide a logical reason why their children were restrained in that manner." I'm sorry but WTF?????? What would be a logical reason for chaining and padlocking another human being to a bed???? This seems like a CRAZY remark.

I don't think so. The same mom could have 13 children in 27 years. It is a huge age gap between the youngest and the oldest and would span just about all the fertile years, but it's possible. My guess at this point is that the kids are all the mom and dad's offspring.

What's weird is while the photos are strange with all the matchy-matchy clothes...the kids look healthy. They do not look undernourished, yet they are now. Something major happened with the parents that caused this. But what?!?!?

jmo

At first I thought the same thing but looking closer at photos even 5 years back, Disney photos etc- these sweet girls look like KAREN CARPENTER. These girls look SEVERELY MALNOURISHED IMHO. It’s horrifying.
Mom somehow gets her share of food- but not healthy looking either, just not emancipated.
but the kids other than baby ALL LOOK SEVERELY MALNOURISHED.
THESE KIDS LOOK EMACIATED. TORTURED.
Look closely.
They are sweet kids- all 13 and quite obviously the mom is extremely mentally ill and the dad is somehow helpless/ must have been abused by her verbally. He doesn’t look to be mentally ill like the mom does. He looks stressed. I know a family where mom was schizophrenic (undiagnosed until recently) and she mentally and verbally abused and threatened the dad. That said, they are a lovely family- just with serious illness and all that goes with it.She was only diagnosed when oldest son started acting out and was diagnosed with schizophrenia.
It’s possible the chaining started when the symptoms came on full swing in the boys/ girls.
IMHO it’s undiagnosed schizophrenia
I’m SO sad. Bless these poor children.

This headline on KTLA made me do a triple take! So happy the 17 yr old was able to escape. I believe rape charges will follow, along w kidnapping.

Some of them look like they are possibly special-needs children, IMO.
Where did these kids go to school? (Maybe home-schooled?) Why were THAT many children not missed by the public, even if just neighbors?
What do David and Louise do for jobs? Who is guarding these captives all day?

These cases where we see starvation of multiple people are almost unbelievable to me, yet they keep happening. And starvation is often just the tip of the iceberg.
I don't understand how human beings can do the terrible things they do to other human beings.

Yep, homeschooled.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-perris-children-shackled-20180115-story.html

Public records show the couple own the nondescript tract house. Its address is also listed in a state Department of Education directory as the location of the Sandcastle Day School, a private K-12 campus that opened in 2011. Turpin is listed as the principal.

OK I'm going to say it:

Those photos remind me of the Duggars.

Second, that father could be a dead ringer for Jimmy Savile. Seriously.

Feel sorry for the kids - wonder if one or both parents got involved with drugs? Or had a nervous breakdown?

How exactly can they afford to feed so many children?!

Maybe they couldn't. :(

Sterilization might be cheaper in their case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie