CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #10

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Lucy's mom, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satch

Satch Well-Known Member

Maybe her maiden name? LR? Is that the oldest son who seems to be wearing glasses in one of the photos? Hair looks dyed and good in one of them. If that is LT.

Satch

2. Satch

Satch Well-Known Member

It should. Give a powerful impact to the prosecution!

Satch

3. ilovepierre

ilovepierre One day, the lost will be found

Yes, LR is LT.
    R is her maiden name.

4. Zelda1010

Zelda1010 Active Member

I did see on the CA.gov site I tried to link to that personal or medical info would be redacted, so that's why I guessed it might not in this case. With name, address and medical info redacted, I don't know how much call would be left to hear. Could still come out in court, though, it looks like.

I personally brought it up because I know 911 calls are often released. I can only imagine how difficult that call was to make and what she said to be believed.

I'll try to link this way, under today's law as amended.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIEhAB&usg=AOvVaw12J67Q3XCGQ7XdrPpXGWFY

5. SATA

SATA Active Member

I have a link to a site with a lot of info about LT, DT.

Also family background, charges and what not.

There are photos of the siblings, but all blurred out, so that is good, BUT some of them are mentioned by name and date and year of birth.
    Can I post that link?

6. Confusion

Confusion Creative Spelling Expert

Several of the siblings in this picture have a hand on or an arm around another one. The oldest and youngest are just the most obvious with their contact. I know that it's unlikely that any of them will have a "normal" life (with the possible exception of the youngest), but it makes me think there is hope that they have had some comfort from each other in their lives. MOO

7. SATA

SATA Active Member

It is strange that in 2013 she put up a FB page using her maiden name (if it was her who did it, but why would anyone else do that?)
    The page is still up, but there are no FB friends.

8. JulieNMM

JulieNMM New Member

Yes, that is the pic. Thanks for finding it and posting it!

9. Squishified

Squishified Well-Known Member

Near the end of the Elvis video all the children are holding hands

10. SATA

SATA Active Member

To me the fact that so many of them are touching each other in that one photo indicates that they were instructed to do that.
    In other photos no one is touching each other.

I also believe in the Elvis video they were instructed to hold hands.

I am not saying they never had any physical contact when they were on their own, but with the parents around and especially at photo ops, I think it was all instructed.
    Just a pity they couldn´t instruct the uneasiness out of their children, because it all looks so staged.

11. prpladi

prpladi Member

I hope they are offered legal help pro bono (sp?) It would be nice if they could capitalize on the horrific events that will follow them for the rest of their lives.

12. Stunned

Stunned Well-Known Member

OMG.....the evil in this world. It is getting so hard to follow these threads. But, you can’t ignore and look away either.

13. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

My family will throw an arm around each other for family photos at special occasions and my Mom, and oldest, are true huggers. However, if they'd had those photo op things at Disney when my parents took us kids? I can guarantee we kids would not have been touching. We'll throw an arm around one another NOW and joke that we're pretending we like each other, but as kids? Nah. I was looking through old photos the other day, and there's a pic of all of us cousins, all lined up by age, side by side, no one touching, big grins. We got the "Stand up straight, hands down, and...SMILE !" orders, for each holiday as a host of flash bulbs blinded us.

14. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

My kids are the same way. I have to force them to touch each other in pictures, and then a fight usually ensues once the shutter's gone down.

15. kiwilaura

kiwilaura Well-Known Member

THIS. My youngest screams blue murder if his big brother puts an arm round him. And I hug them excessively.

16. Latestforever

Latestforever New Member

https://imagesvc.timeincapp.com/v3/...ess.com/2018/01/turpin-family.jpg&w=2200&q=70

I have noticed a couple more issues with the image with the beautiful 13. The one on the very left and beautiful # 12 are holding hands, #12 has a bandaid on her thumb. Also, the hand that is on the very left's shoulder looks edematous(puffy/swollen). The hand appears to be from #5. Could be camera angle but it has always stood out to me.

17. rsd1200

Us too, and with mine own. The final generation, who remember having actual film, probably somehow still, has it ingrained in their brains, about having the 12-36 shots per roll. Not as many "in the moment" shots either if you were young and on a budget too. I love taking pictures, but I didn't have the luxury of wasting film. This led to some staged shots, like standing everyone in front of a landmark, for a shot, so you'd know for sure you had one good shot of everyone. This is why, the Disney photos, seem terribly normal to me. I don't even find it odd about the sandals for the girls. I've been to Disney, and other big parks, and unless something has changed, sandals were common.

TatianaBarbie likes this.
  18. Zelda1010

Zelda1010 Active Member

Yes indeed. I sometimes wax nostalgic for it as I have a hard time deleting and end up with dozens of similar shots. But they are all so cute in their own way! I distinctly remember the photographer telling us "geez guys, you could at least act like you like each other for the camera" at a church book family photo shoot. The pic is way posed, but we sure giggled and the picture hangs on Mom's wall to this day.

As for flip flops, my mom would still give me heck if I showed up to an amusement park without proper walking shoes. So, there's that.

With the cars picture it looks to me like a few of the girls are shifting their weight to one leg, but that combined with the way the middle boy appears to be trying really hard and LTs bag....could just be late in the day

19. rsd1200

I'd never in a million years wear sandals, or put my kids in sandals, to go to an amusement park, but folks will wear them. Some think they're very comfortable but I won't because o public restrooms, stubbing toes on rides, etc...

I think that the boy with vision issues may have had it the hardest. It almost seems like he may have a health issue, beyond what we know.

20. human

human Well-Known Member

https://youtu.be/J9wJpB8A2-A

Since people are going O/T. Kalen reacts to a recipe with Vienna sausages. For those that do not know what they look like, this shows them Video is a littl over a minute

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.