CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what punishment are these parents going to get? (I read somewhere the parents were mystified as to why the arrest.)

What possible defense could the parents use? I cannot imagine.

Will the adult children testify? (I hope they are strong enough to put the parents away.)

Louise Turpin’s sister Elizabeth Flores told ABC News she hasn’t seen her sister in 20 years, but recalled how the children’s lives were extremely regimented when she lived with them two decades earlier. Flores said the children had to ask permission to speak, and said they would look to their mother for cues about whether they could answer her when Flores tried to talk to them.

Flores, who was in her late teens at the time, said her sister wouldn’t allow her to invite friends over or allow her to call friends. She also described disturbing incidents involving her sister allegedly watching her shower with her husband, though she stressed that David Turpin never touched her.

http://kticradio.com/abc_national/s...n-circles-former-neighbor-says-abcid36023132/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do what??? Talk about dysfunctional! And still she left that home, knowing what was going on, and didn't report anything. Wow! Just WOW!

This really pizzed me off.

A nearby pizza shop worker said he would serve Louise regularly, having no idea that she had starving children at home.

“Louise was in here every other day,” Matthew Alex Padilla, 20, told the Telegraph. “Sometimes with her husband, and a few times with a little girl, but never more than one.

'We knew each other, and would chat - she was normal, if maybe a bit reserved. I had no idea she had 13 children, because she’d only ever order a slice of pepperoni, or a chicken club sandwich with no tomato.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5279989/Horror-Texas-homes-Turpin-couple-used-live.html

I know in VA they have adult foster care as an option but I have no clue if CA has it.

This 17 year old girl is a hero to me. I just cannot imagine the fear and thoughts going through her mind after making the 911 call and until the police arrived. That had to be the scariest moments/minutes of her life.

My heart bleeds for these siblings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thinking she took the opportunity to call 911 while her parents were off feeding their faces on pizza.

Regarding going out late at night - maybe they were collecting bottles and cans for recycle? Sometimes people go through the recycle bins put out in front of homes the night before trash truck collection to look for redeemable bottles and cans to make money. I have seen it many, many times, always late at night, whole families in a van going from subdivision to subdivision.

Reminds me of a question I have had. What was their source of income. At one point dad had a good job with Northrup, but I thought that ended in 2010. What have the been living on since then?

My thoughts exactly.
They must have been so unclean and covered in their own excrements. I saw $90 outstanding for water and sewer on their bankruptcy documents. I don't know exactly how it works over in CA but for a family of 15 people here in Australia, $90 wouldn't cover a few weeks.

Where I live, with my family of 4, and a large pool, my water bill is usually around $150 per quarter during the spring/summer months when we have the pool open, and like $25-35 per quarter during the winter. I think it all depends on the municipality. That being said, I am sure the parents had the kids living in gross conditions.

I read that the Elvis impersonator said that the dad acted very caring toward his wife and their children. I'll try and find that link, if I can.

I noticed it was he was emotional and was wiping his tears.

I am hoping that if there was another son (not just a typo in the bankruptcy paperwork), that he managed to walk away and is living somewhere else. He would likely be one of the adult siblings by now I am thinking?
He'd be between 15 and 17, depending on which one he was and when his birthday was. The 2 younger boys were 9 and 10 in the 2011 paperwork. MOO

I hope the offspring (I'm using that word to cover the children and adult children - I want to treat the adults like adults) are placed in homes other than extended family members. I'll just leave it at that. Just my opinion. My hopes are that kind, patient, loving people are placed in their paths, people who are generous enough to keep out of the media and realize this is a time for the siblings to heal and grow....not be used, exploited, displayed.

jmo

:goodpost:

Well Said. I absolutely agree.

The adult children (or any children) are not listed as living at that address. I googled spokeo and the address, it only lists 2 adults living in the home...
My kids are 25 and 26 and both are listed as having lived at my address.
Through driver's license, mail, jobs... I'm not sure how an adult child over 18 ends up listed as having lived at an address.

This is so bothersome!
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I know in VA they have adult foster care as an option but I have no clue if CA has it.

This 17 year old girl is a hero to me. I just cannot imagine the fear and thoughts going through her mind after making the 911 call and until the police arrived. That had to be the scariest moments/minutes of her life.

My heart bleeds for these siblings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Right? Because how far away from the house could she have gotten on foot? She must have been so afraid they would wake up and notice she was gone.

I cannot get these 13 off my mind. I hope and pray they're already discovering some of the true joys and kindnesses of life and have hope in their heart for a better future.

Right? Because how far away from the house could she have gotten on foot? She must have been so afraid they would wake up and notice she was gone.

Crazy though that one of the older daughters was seen driving one of the cars. The brainwashing that must have gone on in that house is so scary.

YES YES YES and a big WHEWWWW

First I am seeing that authorities are doing all the right things. I can finally sleep good tonight knowing they are in good hands. Whew again. :)

Yes, me too... Big sigh of relief. And, reassuring, too. Sounds like they might be having some fun too... TV, movies, games, each other... Care and support... Breathe, Sigh...

And, TY Osu for posting it!

The two girls on the far left who are in gray shirts while the others are in pink shirts and pig tales look the palest to me. I think they are the older girls.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

In that photo, I think the girl on the furthest left in the paler shirt is the same girl on the far left, where they are all shown in red shirts (Thing 1, etc... shirts), but, I agree, the two in front of dad, in pale shirts are extremely thin. Some of the pics you can tell more than others, I think, in the way they are dressed and the way the camera lens "sees" them. Also, I'm having trouble telling some of them apart, still.

In the photo with all the girls sitting, the girl immediately to our right, of the child who is holding on to the baby, looks the thinnest. I keep studying the photos and it's hard to believe that some of these kids are young adults. Their eyes seem bright and clear, though, with the exception of a couple of them, who seem to be sicker than the others.

That may have been what fooled folks into thinking they were just skinny, allergy ridden, kids. They have big smiles, bright eyes, and even the doctors said they were pleasant, mannerable, and hoped to move forward. The princess Jasmine photo looks like they are having a blast, and they likely were, considering their home life. :( The one with her back to Jasmine, and a side part, seems pretty thin in that photo, too.

It's said that they were memorizing long passages of the Bible. Even if they were just memorizing and recalling, it had to work their brains, which is a positive. I think by reading, and memorizing, and working their brains, most may be okay in that department. I mean, it took brains, and forethought, for the little rebel to make her play. I'm trying to think positive, at least in that area. I doubt that their bodies will ever catch up though.

https://www.forumdaily.com/v-kalifornii-para-derzhala-na-cepi-13-detej/

Gracious. When I had y second child one set of grandparents was vacationing and brought back a Thing 1 and Thing 2 shirt and indie for our kids. The Cat in the Hat has been a ridiculously popular children’s book since the late 1950’s.
7d62b202a54aafced860cd8476ed3d39.jpg

“Thing One and Thing Two are twin brothers from The Cat in the Hat book. They were released from the box that the cat brought in to show to Conrad, Sally, and the fish. The things caused mischief by flying kites in the house which bumps the wall and also knocking down everything in their path. Conrad was able to stop the things with a net. They were also taken away by the Cat who put them back in the box.” http://seuss.wikia.com/wiki/The_Cat_in_the_Hat_(book)

TBH I’d 100% forgotten about them being kept in a box and now the thought of it is literally making my face twitch to the point that I know I New to take a break. Then I feel like I shouldn’t because these poor kids never got a break.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/13-siblings-allegedly-starved-held-captive-parents-home/story?id=52410581

The agency also listed the clothes that are needed for the adult patients, which are almost all in children's sizes, a graphic released by Corona Chamber of Commerce showed. The adult siblings are in need of pajamas, sweatpants and sweatshirts, long-sleeve crew-neck tops, lightweight jackets, underwear and socks.

CPS said it is receiving calls from around the world from people who want to help the siblings financially. Because the agency does not want the siblings to be taxed for the money they receive, they are setting up a fund for them to go through the Riverside County Regional Medical Center Foundation.

All campaigns that claim they benefit the siblings are fake, CPS said.

Some others have already shared. They have been on a few different news sites and some places showed more than others.

The one I cant find is the upstairs bedroom that shows the stains all at the same height in the room.

This news site had a few and shows the staircase with similar one height stains. Really strange as to what caused that.

http://www.kesq.com/news/inside-the-turpins-former-texas-home/687157256

BBM
When LE found the kids they stated that they were unkempt (to put it mildly). Some of the kids are about the same size. There's no handrail on the steps. I've a feeling that's where the kids put their hands, on the wall, for balance, as they went up and down the steps. They were not well cared for, and in a dirty home, so the dirt got transferred from hands, to the wall, at hand heights. My home when I was a young child, didn't have a handrail on the basement steps. I'd put my hand against the wall, because the steps were short, and steep.

Ok, I’m done for today. I’ve spent over 5 hours catching up. My head hurts, but my heart hurts more. All of these children should be helped and cared for by anyone other than family. IMO. They were with their parents every day of their lives, who had a responsibility to take care of them and look how that turned out. Keep them in the state and hopefully close to each other so that they can heal and keep in touch. I sense denial and detachment within the family. It will be a long road to navigate for these children and young adults, but I believe they will build their self esteem and be able to start trusting people and best of all, start having fun. JMO

New article from People:

Given their alleged limited diets, Uffer tells PEOPLE dietitians will “have to be very careful” about what foods are introduced into their diet, “because it doesn’t stay with them. You have to sort of reintroduce things into the diet for someone who has malnutrition.

Uffer does not know how long the children will be at Corona Regional Medical center, but assures PEOPLE “we are doing everything to improve the quality of their life.”

He adds: “They are very cognizant of what has occurred. They are aware of the situation. They are coping with it. I would say they are happy in the environment that they are in right now. They feel that the nurses and the team of medical professionals that are taking care of them actually care about them as people and that we are here to help them — that they are safe and being treated with incredible dignity.”

~snip

Aside from nutritious food, the brothers and sisters are finally enjoying something else their aunt alleges they’ve been denied: television.

“They can watch TV and they are watching videos,” Uffer says. “We have a game system we brought in. We have people working with them — literally somebody with them 24 hours a day. They are patients. We have registered nurses working with them as well as other support staff … and you hope they can overcome it.”

http://people.com/crime/california-david-louise-turpin-children-hospital-ceo-speaks/

This literally made me tear up. To think these deprived kids got such mundane things as food, shelter, kind and compassionate adult supervision. A television to watch. Videos, gaming system. Such normal things most of us would take for granted. I'm so happy for them, but in a way that makes me want to cry for all of those nurturing and fun childhood years they were denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998