CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy though that one of the older daughters was seen driving one of the cars. The brainwashing that must have gone on in that house is so scary.
They likely never knew any differently. They were indoctrinated from the cradle on. Without TV, they didn't even have a reference point.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

http://abcnews.go.com/US/13-siblings-allegedly-starved-held-captive-parents-home/story?id=52410581

The agency also listed the clothes that are needed for the adult patients, which are almost all in children's sizes, a graphic released by Corona Chamber of Commerce showed. The adult siblings are in need of pajamas, sweatpants and sweatshirts, long-sleeve crew-neck tops, lightweight jackets, underwear and socks.

CPS said it is receiving calls from around the world from people who want to help the siblings financially. Because the agency does not want the siblings to be taxed for the money they receive, they are setting up a fund for them to go through the Riverside County Regional Medical Center Foundation.

All campaigns that claim they benefit the siblings are fake, CPS said.

I thought that gift tax is paid by the giver and not receiver? That’s been my experience. I don’t see why they’d pay tax on financial gifts. But it’s probably best that they get material items instead of money since it’s likely they have never been taught how to handle finances.

His Lockheed job ended in 2010. He was working for Northrop as of 2011 per the pay stubs submitted for their bankruptcy case. But I don’t know if he still worked their recently

I did find it interesting that he worked second shift. Home all day (even if sleeping) to be present so no one “got any ideas”, and worked while they were sleeping? Maybe. Idk.

Or “teached”... principal of the year...::sarcasm::

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Personally, I hope family is kept far, far away from these kids/adults. IMO There is too much potential disfunction for them to be helpful, let alone therapeutic. This family needs professional and truly self-sacrificing help.
JMO

The mother's side concerns me more than the father's side. However, I agree, these siblings do not need to go to any of their family members. I think Mom's side has some history with very strict religious practices, too.

I thought that gift tax is paid by the giver and not receiver? That’s been my experience. I don’t see why they’d pay tax on financial gifts. But it’s probably best that they get material items instead of money since it’s likely they have never been taught how to handle finances.

I had to look twice to make sure the clothing sizes were for the adults.

To those mentioning the sister lying about the Facebook friendship status.. did she only comment on the joint Facebook page ? Since we were limited to what we could see on that page (friends list, some photos) it could be possible this page was pretty blank beside what we saw and LT didn’t and wouldn’t accept a friend request on her more private solo page? Moo

They likely never knew any differently. They were indoctrinated from the cradle on. Without TV, they didn't even have a reference point.

They did have interactions with the real world though. Disney for example. Not even six flags - but multiple trips to Disney. I don’t think their lives were always like this, at least the older ones. I don’t think you can last 29 years being starved and deprived. It’s not like they never had brushes with the real world. They were probably just so trained and brainwashed that they knew it was a temporary pleasure and they soaked it up knowing they were going right back to hell as soon as it’s over.

They did have interactions with the real world though. Disney for example. Not even six flags - but multiple trips to Disney. I don’t think their lives were always like this, at least the older ones. I don’t think you can last 29 years being starved and deprived. It’s not like they never had brushes with the real world. They were probably just so trained and brainwashed that they knew it was a temporary pleasure and they soaked it up knowing they were going right back to hell as soon as it’s over.
But those once a year trips didn't give them much of an opportunity to study normal parent-child interactions, and did not expose them to what a normal home-life would be like

To those mentioning the sister lying about the Facebook friendship status.. did she only comment on the joint Facebook page ? Since we were limited to what we could see on that page (friends list, some photos) it could be possible this page was pretty blank beside what we saw and LT didn’t and wouldn’t accept a friend request on her more private solo page? Moo

Even if thats the case, that LT accepted her sisters request on the joint page but not her singular page, the sisters comments and reactions are seriously misleading to me.

Even if thats the case, that LT accepted her sisters request on the joint page but not her singular page, the sisters comments and reactions are seriously misleading to me.

I agree as we know there is so much more we don’t know/understand about this case. Does the sister live in California also? Sorry if this was discussed previously

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the same that she may have been referring to the Louise Robinette facebook page that had nothing on it. Wouldn't surprise me if Louise didn't accept there especially if she didn't use it.

The comment from her on the David Louise Facebook picture of the baby is what interests me the whole "that's my sister and my baby!" thing. Would she refer to her baby niece as her baby? or did Louise see her and her children recently leading to the photo op...?

We have had similar marks (no where near to the same extent) in our previous home from our dogs. This was at the dogs height on the wall and from them dragging themselves along the wall after wearing their harnesses - trying to have a good scratch.

Obviously this isn't the same but it leads me to think that this may relate back to the "Marching in the middle of the night" mentioned in many of the linked articles. I think they marched up and down those stairs and they were so tired they used the walls to lean on and they were so dirty the walls eventually looked like they do now. Probably isn't the whole story but may have contributed?

Kids with dirty hands going up and down stairs could account for it. I have a constant battle with one of my kids not to run his hands down the wall. I can only imagine with 12 or 13. Especially if some at that time were toddlers.

Looking at the rugs I assumed feces--animal or human.

But those once a year trips didn't give them much of an opportunity to study normal parent-child interactions, and did not expose them to what a normal home-life would be like

Do we know though if they’ve always been home schooled and secluded? I’m not being sarcastic, I really don’t remember reading about it. Plus, they’ve obviously spent time around their cousins, based on published pics. The cousins look more adjusted to society (? Idk how to say it) so they’ve been around “normal”.

The 17 year old somehow knew this wasn’t right. I think it’s very possible the others knew the same but were too scared to make a move. I do think they were either brainwashed, terrified, or a bit of both.

I agree as we know there is so much more we don’t know/understand about this case. Does the sister live in California also? Sorry if this was discussed previously

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe she lives in TN.

I'm with you on this bears10. I'm hoping LE and MSM haven't jumped the gun on this.

If all this is true I can't get my head around what I'm hearing but in the same breath they are given holidays and still being allowed to drive the car.

I would be a crackers if I had to raise, care and school all those kids. I couldn't do it! The weekly food bill alone would be unimaginable.

I thought the same that she may have been referring to the Louise Robinette facebook page that had nothing on it. Wouldn't surprise me if Louise didn't accept there especially if she didn't use it.

The comment from her on the David Louise Facebook picture of the baby is what interests me the whole "that's my sister and my baby!" thing. Would she refer to her baby niece as her baby? or did Louise see her and her children recently leading to the photo op...?

At first I thought she was referring to “her actual baby,” but when I continued to look at photos and noted more of her comments...I think she was just trying to seem more in touch with her sister. The baby is D&L’s.

At first I thought she was referring to “her actual baby,” but when I continued to look at photos and noted more of her comments...I think she was just trying to seem more in touch with her sister. The baby is D&L’s.

I'm 90% in agreed 10% unsure... but only because I'm not sure about ANYTHING with this lot.

Any of the children could watch Cinderella and KNOW that they were being treated even worse.

I'm thinking of your Octomum with the gaggle of kids.

What would be the Government benefits for a family like this? Could this free ride be their intention? :thinking:
Would it be their intention to have all those children for Government funding?
I know in Australia they would be getting $1,000's per week, a house, furniture and free medical and utilities.

I am thinking no. For several reasons. One is that public assistance going back to the Clinton era has been time limited (3 years with some exceptions). But the bigger one is that it's a gigantic invitation to the government to be involved in your family life. Minimal documentation would be birth certificates and social security numbers all around. Depending on the state, the likelihood of having to show either employment or some "employment activity" (looking for work, getting training, etc). Based on what seems to be Dad's earning power, getting a job would be the path of least resistance. But, folks who are home schooling and keeping their kids under wraps are not typically eager to make themselves known to the human services sector. We've all been speculating whether all of the kids even have birth certificates. Many of the off the grid, large family, highly religious folks actually shun government assistance as a matter of principle (although some other cults have equally principled beliefs in taking such assistance in order to "bleed the beast."). So, I don't think so.

A curiosity to me about those Disney trips..there are no photos of anyone actually in the park, on a ride, in a line. No comments on FB. Just the staged photos. As far as their early lives...well, no one has come forward saying ..'we used to do x, y, and z together...' So, I believe these children have spent their lives in these horrid conditions. Which makes our young lady hero even more so of a hero! It took more courage than most if us will ever even understand. And a strong will. I will pray for her, and all of these survivors. May they be forever more protected from both sides of family. (Notice I wrote 'from' and not 'by'..). My opinion only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member