CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG
Ive been trying to catch up today the right way by reading in order but H*ll NO!!! I had to post my feelings as I got to the presser posts.

OMG OMG OMG

It IS worst than we even could have imagined. Those evil !!!

Sorry just had to vent.

I am going to pray really hard tonight again for these children. And yes me too could hardly eat my dinner last night without feeling guilty.

-----sniffling with eyes watering uncontrolably right now------ :( :( :(

I know - I was feeding my dogs this morning- one is a pup that has to be hand fed and I felt so bad. I’m feeding them better than these poor kids. [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

RUHS Foundation Establishes Support Fund to Assist
13 Perris Siblings with Long-Term Health and Education Needs

RIVERSIDE COUNTY, Ca. (January 18, 2018) – In response to offers of help pouring in from around the country, Riverside University Health System Foundation has opened a support fund for the 13 siblings rescued from their Perris home earlier this month, officials announced Thursday.

“Our phones started ringing almost immediately with calls from private individuals and organizations wanting to know how they can help,” said Erin Phillips, executive director of RUHS Foundation. She said the 501(c)3 charity will transfer 100 percent of all funds raised to a trust being established for the siblings’ long-term needs.

Phillips said the Foundation is focused on raising financial support for the physical, educational and other needs that will arise. The support fund can only receive tax-deductible financial contributions and gift cards, she said.

“We recognize financial gifts will not eliminate their trauma, but additional resources will be extremely important in helping these victims adjust over time,” Phillips said, adding that those needs would be ongoing.

Chuck Washington, chairman of the Riverside County Board of Supervisors, said he is proud of the way Riverside County agencies and community-based organizations are pulling together to help the brothers and sisters.

“We are heartened by the caring individuals around the world who believe no child or adult should suffer abuse or neglect,” Washington said.

Individual contributions can be made by visiting www.RUHealth.org/foundation or by mail to RUHS Foundation at PO Box 9850, Moreno Valley, CA 92552. Corporations, foundations and individuals who need additional details for plans to support the Turpin siblings, please contact RUHS Foundation at marketing@ruhealth.org.
http://www.ruhealth.org/en-us/foundation/donate/Pages/PerrisSiblingSupportFund.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Done - thanks for the link. [emoji170]

Great idea!

I've already started putting together a care package so far including
colouring books for kids and adults
bulk backs of girls knickers
multiple pairs of unused shoes
emotional coping books
little fun fact books which hopefully will encourage curiosity to explore the world

I want to help as much as I can but I feel I won't make much of an impact here in Australia.

I bet the fact that you sent it from Australia will mean everything to them.

I’m annoyed that they sat them at the same table. IMO they should be separated from each other to the point that they can’t even look at each other. No chance for goo-goo eyes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SABBM

^^^^^ :yuck: __ :sick:

And yet---- Someone(s) raised this Turpin couple. There might be a reason why they are so depraved.
I am curious about what kind of upbringing they both had.

NOT making excuses for these vile pieces of filth.
:moo:

Welcome! We're all glad you decided to join, just wish it wasn't for this :(

According to the Daily Mail link, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5285723/House-horrors-parents-kept-children-night.html,
another sibling went with her but after they crawled out of the window, the other became afraid and went back inside. I pray the vile "parents" didn't know about that. Because if they did, they probably did something horrible to her.
I'm so very thankful the 17 year old pressed on. So many thoughts running through my mind.
Anyone see the police officers in the picture of them at arraignment? The officer in the middle is looking at him with utter hatred, they all are, but the middle one especially. I couldn't do their job. I would have done something that would have caused me to be put in jail myself.

I found myself wondering how the judge could speak to and about them in a normal tone of voice. I don’t think I’d be able to control myself.

The 17 year old and others had a plan for two years...that last Elvis renewal was a little over two years ago. I wonder if their jaunt outside their house prompted the plan making. They got to clean up, go out, interact with someone who was nice to them...

Yes! And I really feel a sense that everyone working with them is extremely sensitive and loving. I think they're getting the best care possible. Poor lambs.

I hope they can really be cared for long term in a great way. Not forgotten like Genie.

Yes I wanted to mention Genie. She ended up in bad places again as a ward of CA state I think. Terribly abused all over again. Hoping this will not or can not happen again. She was initially fought over by doctors and researchers and caregivers on how best to help her. So sad

Offer still stands for anyone in So Cal who wants to meet up and take items to the Chamber of Commerce. I would be honored to meet any of you.

Gitana, I am tempted to fly from Wisconsin to take you up on your offer, but will have to settle for sending a check! You and your knowledge are such a blessing to all of us. Thank you for all of the insight that you provide.

all I know about Rio Vista is it is very rural and had cheap houses compared to the cities surrounding it. It's really out in the middle of nowhere. Wonder where he worked when he lived there? Wherever it was he had at least a 45 minute drive to civilation

Regarding homeschooling in Texas. This state has the most lax rules when it comes to childhood education, in Texas all you have to do is provide a " Bonafide" effort" and you can get away with teaching your children anything you please. There is absolutely no oversite.
Johnson County is one county south of the DFW metroplex. Lockheed Martin.

So we've heard of cases of special needs children being locked in rooms or being held in crates, etc because people/parents don't know how to deal. I wonder if this might have happened here. Started as one thing and morphed into all out crazy. Something obviously happened.

Up thread old neighbors in Texas described catching frogs in a creek and only being allowed in their kitchen. So at some point the older kids had at least a friend and at least a play date. What happened that led from some "normalcy" to torture. So glad they allowed them to keep journals. How stupid of them.... They obviously didn't think they would be caught. But thank God they did.

I’m sorry, I sincerely doubt anything the parents don’t want us to know are in those journals. Probably Bible scriptures written over and over.

Im thinking more charges will be forthcoming. They claimed to home school the kids, which we know didn’t happen. Many purchases were probably made under the so called “school” and were likely purchased tax exempt. I believe their home was listed under a school name too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gitana, I am tempted to fly from Wisconsin to take you up on your offer, but will have to settle for sending a check! You and your knowledge are such a blessing to all of us. Thank you for all of the insight that you provide.

Aww! Thank you!!!

I’m sorry, I sincerely doubt anything the parents don’t want us to know are in those journals. Probably Bible scriptures written over and over.

That's what I would've thought. But the DA said he believes they will be an incredible source of evidence. I bet they forced the kids to write down their punishments. Or bad deeds. Psychos.

They were reportedly all wearing pajamas.

I'm in NO way defending these but I can understand the pajamas as that was "their" normal sleeping time. DA said they went to bed around 4 am and slept during the day. :(

Offer still stands for anyone in So Cal who wants to meet up and take items to the Chamber of Commerce. I would be honored to meet any of you.

I wish I lived closer! I'm in Canada so will donate money.

Mental illness.

Spousal abuse and control.

Try to downplay and deny.

Kids have "medical" or "behavioral" issues that caused them not to be able to retain calories or want to eat or that caused them to be a danger to themselves so they had to be chained. (Conditions that magically disappear once they were taken out of there, of course).

They could turn on each other. We shall see.

I'm so glad you din't mention insanity. As nuts as they are, they knew what they were doing and knew it was wrong, imo.

OMG
Ive been trying to catch up today the right way by reading in order but H*ll NO!!! I had to post my feelings as I got to the presser posts.

OMG OMG OMG

It IS worst than we even could have imagined. Those evil !!!

Sorry just had to vent.

I am going to pray really hard tonight again for these children. And yes me too could hardly eat my dinner last night without feeling guilty.

-----sniffling with eyes watering uncontrolably right now------ :( :( :(

rbbm

Me too and when I do eat now, it's not near the amount I normally would eat. I wonder how many others here feel the same way? This case is so gut-wrenching....I'm afraid to hear what's next. :(

If they were only allowed 1 shower a year, the one who attended college would have stunk to high heaven. I smell awful the day after I've taken a shower. I'm hoping we hear from some of the classmates. I thought it was funny David Turpin's alleged coworker said he walked like Snuffleupagus. There's a p in Snuffleupagus?

Do you have a link for the co-worker information? I can't seem to find anything.

Mental illness.

Spousal abuse and control.

Try to downplay and deny.

Kids have "medical" or "behavioral" issues that caused them not to be able to retain calories or want to eat or that caused them to be a danger to themselves so they had to be chained. (Conditions that magically disappear once they were taken out of there, of course).

They could turn on each other. We shall see.

They don't actually have to present a defense, right? NG plea often just means it's up to the prosecution to prove guilt.

I think, under the surface of whatever rationalizations and denial they had created, the parents lived in fear of this happening. They lived cheek by jowl to their neighbours, extended family might have tracked them down and barged in, and, especially, one of the children might have gotten out and told someone. Possibly there's a feeling of relief once that terror of exposure is removed.

Radar has some photos from the forensic examination of house.

For those asking about shelves in garage:

"Their garage included floor-to-ceiling collections of DVDs that were alphabetically ordered."

Look at all those Target bags.
68772b91dfe2a3d5b11f70d24363258f.jpg
5aca3ec1de232e4f0518a36c483bd7f5.jpg
9c151d0d20f385e23279e351e62572f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

They were reportedly all wearing pajamas.

I can’t imagine any laundry was done based on how they were about hand washing and showering. There was probably nothing in that house that would have been in good enough shape for them to wear. Plus, memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288